“Below average”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 1 August 2008

This hotel had a lousy breakfast buffet - very cheap looking and I laughed when my fork bent whilst eating bacon! The next day I went for breakfast in the Marriot and could see the falls from their breakfast restaurant and the food was superb. Wish I stayed here instead, as the Marriot vblovked my so-called Falls View hotel room view.

The parking was expensive - $20. The location was also a bit poor. Suggest you go to stay down near the casion, else you have to walk in a big "U" shape to get to the falls whihc is tedious as you can't get down the slope to take a direct path.

Suggest that you get an "adventure pass" that allows you to ride the railway up and down the slope and to do the Maid of The Mist and walk behind the falls and free buses to the power station and clock which was around $40.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank myshgsh1

Reviewed 31 July 2008

Booked 2 night on hotwire and was a little worried once I saw some of the reviews. Arrived at noon and our room was not ready yet...not a problem, we parked our car and went down to see the falls. When we returned at around 5pm our room was ready. We were given a room in the low rise part of the hotel, room was clean and spacious but without the sleep number beds. We had no problems when we were there. The staff I met in the hallway were all very friendly, the pool was nice but a little heavy on the clorine. Parking $20 per night but that seems standard in this area. Great view of the falls just to the right of the Marriott which was in front of our hotel. Did not eat at any of the restaurants in the hotel. I found the hotel to be very convenient to all the attractions but far enough away from Clifton Hill for some peace and quiet. For what we paid at the Radisson, I have no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank limera02
Reviewed 28 July 2008

The hotel has a management problem with not keeping reservations made 2 months in advance. We could not check in as they did not have our room ready for our anniversary. When finally in our room, we walked on sticky, dirty carpeting. Good location for the Falls but poor management and housekeeping staff.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PetrinaPompano
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We booked through the Raddison website and got the room for $100.00 Canadian, which was about what the room was worth. We tried to use Priceline but we couldn't find the room at a reasonable rate through naming our own price. They charge $20.00 to park in a lot that was EMPTY and I didn't like that. The location was nice, you can walk to the falls in about 3-5 minutes. The room had a large and comfortable bed and was clean. The staff was a little "off" while we were there, they tried to place us in a smiking room at first, but they took care of it and we were happy with our room. The amenities at the hotel are nothing to stay there for. If you want a clean room and good location, then this hotel is for you. If you want something like a resort experience, then this hotel is not for you.

Stayed: June 2008
1  Thank skgator1
Reviewed 14 June 2008

I do not believe how negative people were on this hotel, I am glad we listen to expedias reviews. We had a suite with a city view, but we also had a corner room so we also had a obstucted view of the falls. It was quite and clean. i felt the staff were friendly. We had gotten a go deal on expedia so we were not to upset we had to pay for parking. I do not agree you can get by without a car. alot of places we wanted to go to we drove. I would stay in this Raddisson again if I returned to the falls.

Carol

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank catqueen
Reviewed 12 June 2008

I'd stayed at this hotel in the tower section a few years ago and found it fine. There was an excellent rate on Hotwire and since this partially a gambling trip, rolled the dice and got the Radisson at a great rate.

The check in was easy, they said I'd requested a smoking room which I hadn't and switched me to a non after a few minutes of clicking away on the computer. The great rate applies to the older part of the hotel which is really more like a motel. The room was fairly big but the carpeting had some weird stains in it as well as several cigarette burns (in the non smoking room with warning signs of a $175 charge if you smoke!). The window unit air conditioner was fairly noisy, had kind of a strange smell when just the fan was on. But otherwise the room was not too bad and seemed fairly clean. I'm not too picky but just suprised at the condition of the property based on previous experience with the brand name.

The big shocker here were housekeeping issues. I got a late start the next day and didn't get out of the room until about noon. Had a "do not disturb" sign on the door and was left alone. But when deciding to leave, opened the door and a bag full of clean towels and soap rolled in...so there "do not disturb" means just leave some clean stuff at the door. I asked the front desk on my way out to have my room made up, and they appoligized for the goodie bag..and the room was made up when I got back. Amusing but not a big deal.

On check out day I overslept a bit. Called down to ask for a late check out, was happily granted an extra hour with no problems, and went back to enjoying my coffee. There was a "do not disturb" sign on my door but right around check out time housekeeping started trying to come in. I had the bolt on the door, but they knocked and said 'sir check out is at 11!" I explained that I had been granted a late check out...and the response was a loud sigh and the door closing. Then there was another knock about 10 minutes later.."housekeeping!"..which I just ignored and the bolt sent them away. I cleared out of there well before my deadline, mentioned the housekeeping stakeout at desk..got a sheepish sorry....

You get what you pay for...it made for an amusing story, but was very irritating at the time.

• Stayed: June 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank abigllama
Reviewed 7 June 2008

After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor I was slightly nervous to stay at the Radisson but like most of the views on here, they are biased to one persons point of view and experience. My stay at the Radisson was amazing. The staff was friendly and always courteous. After check in we had some problems with wine that was supposed to be in the room before we arrived not being there but they sent it up while we went to dinner and later that night (around midnight) a light bulb was not working, the front desk staff personally came up to make sure everything got switched for us and was working b/c the Maintenance man had left. The pool looked clean and the water was warm...I only stuck my toes in...but :o). My man friend had forgotten that his belt was too large...and had planned on putting an extra hole in it before we left but forgot, he went down to the lobby and the maintenance guy was so kind as to drill two holes into his belt for him so that he could keep his pants up through dinner! Everything there was great, so don't listen to the negative reviews. One tip though, Don't pay for parking at the Radisson (20 a night..) Park at the FallsView Casino and walk back. It's a short walk and will save you a lot. Parking is usually no more than $10 there and if you play the slots and sign up for a FREE players advantage card, parking becomes instantly free. Although, when the radissons parking lot fills up, they offer free valet! A few dollars in tips goes a long way, people will run faster to get your car. :o). All in all, great trip.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)