“Unpleasant interaction overshadows good location/cleaness”

Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed at this Radisson during the past Canada Day long weekend with my 2 young kids. Overall a great hotel with good location and infrasture, but the interaction with Front Desk staff left a bit of sour taste...

Because it is near by the Casino, used Vegas trick - asking for a room upgrade with tips. The front desk lady just took the tip money silently and didn't do anything in return. She would have returned the money if it is not within her ability to do anything. Kindly hinted to her about the tips, but she subtly changed the subject pretending nothing happened. Sensed dishonesty....

In addition, a lot of details are missing: never got the microwave oven requesed at the online booking; two queensize beds shrank to two double beds....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan D
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Ryan D
I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Radisson Hotel. I am sorry to see that we were unable to give you a room upgrade. We try our best to upgrade our guest but it can be difficult this time of the year due to being sold out. I thank you for bringing to my attention the encounter you had with the front desk and I do apologize.

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview

Write a ReviewReviews (2,739)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My experience wasn't awful but wasn't great by any means. The front desk personal were very nice and professional but paying 20 dollars a day parking was ridiculous along with the poor quality wifi and the view of the parking lot I got. The cherry on top of the cake is clothing and food times went missing after housekeeping went through our room...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Taylor B
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Taylor B
I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview. I am sorry to see that you found us just average. I would like to apologize to you for not receiving the yes I can attitude from the staff that we have become known for. I will have discussed your response with the housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again.

Shelle Kemp

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had a small slice view of the falls, had to pay $20/day to park and did not see that anywhere on web prior to booking, whirlpool tub in room did not work, a/c would act up every night clicking on and off constantly until turned off for awhile. I'm sure for the same money there are better accommodations.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Paula W
I am sorry to see that you did not fully enjoy your stay at the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview. I do apologize for the problems that you had with the AC and the jetted tub. I am glad to see that you found the hotel clean. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We booked through a travel site. I find you need to be careful because you do not always get the most desired room but generally have a opportunity to up-grade (at a cost). I am not a fan of retro 60's but the rooms were decorated this way and done tastefully. While the rooms are not big the are well appointed and staff assure cleanliness. We were here 3 nights. It is so close to the Falls there is no need to move your car. You get a $7.99 buffet breakfast at Toni Roma's next door...this is a bargain, believe me. Internet and telephone service is slow. There is a $20. parking fee per-night. I loved the girl in the gift shop.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room. There are a few tower rooms that would have a view of the falls. The bank of...
1  Thank Kay W

Dear Kay W
I am glad to see that you found the hotel convenient and comfortable. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great hotel in a great location. Staff were friendly and helpful. We got complimentary parking which was good. The room was large and clean and the bathroom was spotless. Its just a short walk to the falls. Recommend this hotel.

Dear Allan W
I want to thank you for taking the time leave a review for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay and that you would recommend us to other.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was not impressed with this hotel. When I called the hotel I was told we would have a view of the falls. We were given our room with a great view of the parking lot, in what I assume is an older part of the hotel. We did not realize until the next day when we went for a walk that there was another section of the hotel which did overlook the falls. So be aware of that. There is no restaurant on the premises but plenty close by. Also found it very noisey.

Room Tip: Ask for the side with the view of the falls
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank debbieellsworth1
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Debbieellsworth1
I want to thank you for taking the time to leve a review. I am sorry to see that you did not receive a fallsview room. We do have several room types which do include fallsview and non fallsview rooms types. Our restaurant on property is located off the lobby and is open from 6:30 am to 11:00 pm.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This hotel was beautiful and in a gorgeous setting. The room was simply deluxe, with sofa, extra chairs and jetted tub. Perfect place for our anniversary. However, we paid a lot of money to get the view of the falls, but we didn't get what we expected. They gave us a room on the fourth floor, and even though we could see some of the horseshoe waterfall, most of the view was blocked by Marriot right in front of our hotel. We couldn't see the American falls and we had to get out for Sunday fireworks. I did ask the front desk about a room higher, but they said they didn't have any. I booked this room 6 month in advance!, and we checked in early - didn't help. That was the only disappointment. Also, parking was expensive - $22. Other than that, the hotel is great. Convenient location, lots of places to eat, casino very close, etc. Toni Roma's provided good breakfast for only $7.99 per person and gave discount coupon for dinner. If you do want unobstructed waterfall views, don't take chances with this hotel, like we did. If you don't care, this is a place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask a higher floor and on the far right side. The left side is blocked by Marriott.
2  Thank cool_alaska
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear cool_alaska
I would like to wish you a happy anniversary and I am glad that we were able to be a part of it. I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview.