“Nice Hotel, Staff and Service Not as Nice”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel itself is beautiful inside and out.
However, when we checked in the lady was not very informative, and she looked dirty and not up to customer service hospitality par. When we got up to our room, we were missing a pillow, the blankets and sheets were wrinkled and the sleep number bed did not work (the remote was broken). The pillows that were there was as flat as a board. And for some reason they don't allow you to hook up an HDMI cable to the TV (money grab by the hotel, they want you to purchase their movies etc)
When I walked into the bathroom, there was hair and grime in the tub and the mirror was dirty.
They do not offer continental breakfast like every other hotel I have ever stayed at. What they do offer is 2 dollars off their 10 dollar breakfast for one person.... ooooh, how generous (sarcasm).
At the end of it all, I was charged 3% for a promotion I took advantage of! WHY ARE YOU CHARGING SOMEONE FOR A PROMOTION YOU'RE HAVING? What an oxymoron! I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Shelley070, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear bnksns
I want to thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview. I am happy to see that you found the hotel itself to be beautiful inside and out. I do want to apologize for the issues that you had with your room as this is not something that is common for our hotel. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I have addressed it with the housekeeping staff. I will also pass your comments onto the restaurant for their review as this is not owned or operated by the hotel.

Shelley Kemp
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a 2 night stay. Was able to check in early at 2PM. Rm 938 had a wonderful view of the Falls. Victoria was very quick in checking us in. Room was beautiful and clean. The twin bed had firmness control. Got lucky on parking during the 4th weekend, was full most of the time. 15 min walk to the falls, Firework show during our stay was only 5 mins. AC in the hallway was broken, but room AC was great. Overall had a wonderful stay. Thanks for the wonderful stay. Will stay again !!

Dear Quan M
I am pleased to see that we were able to get you check into the hotel early as it can be difficult this time of the year. I do want to apologize for the AC not working correctly in the halls. I agree with you, the view of the Falls is beautiful to look at. The staff work very hard to maintain excellent service and a clean building and will appreciate your comments. We all look forward to your return and thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Shelley Kemp
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

First off, when you make a reservation you are shown a nice tall building but if you don't get a falls view room they put you in a small motel like building next to the tall building. We had two rooms, when we checked in the sheets in one of the rooms were dirty (hair all over the sheets and dirty), there was hair in the bath tub, the glasses were not covered. Upon calling the front desk the sheets were changed but had a feeling that the pillow cases and the duvet cover were used also and should have been changed. It just felt like we were staying at a very expensive motel. The jacuzzi worked only when you pressed the red reset button on the wall to turn on and off. How is one supposed to get to the red button once in the tub? The bed was very lumpy/springy, woke up with my back hurting every morning. The airconditioner was way too noisy.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
victoria c, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Dear Ketan P

I do sincerely apologize that your experience at our hotel was not the best that it could possibly be. I wish to assure you that your experience is not typical of our hotel as you can see by the numerous positive reviews listed here. I have discussed your comments with both our Executive Housekeeper and our Director of Engineering. I assure you we will be working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

I do hope that you provide us with another opportunity to have you as our guest. Please feel free to contact me personally to make your next reservation. I am confident that your next experience with us would exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

We spent two nights here. Room was pretty good with a view to the Niagara Falls. 15 minutes walking to the falls. Beds were comfortable & the room was decent size. However the service was pretty poor. Our room was not serviced, towels were not replaced & bins were not emptied. When tea & coffee was requested they arrived after 2 hours after two reminders. Same for the toilet papers. We had to shower without shampoo as they were not topped up. Overall they ruined our long planned holiday to the Niagara Falls. I have complained to the front office manager regarding these issues & hopefully they will take our feedback on board.

Room Tip: I have paid extra to have a room with a view to the falls. But when we arrived I was told that the a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mathisha

Please accept our apologies that your room was not serviced properly. We take our guests feedback very seriously as it allows us to fine tune our operation and ensure that we going forward we meet our guests expectations. I have discussed your comments with our Executive Housekeeper and she will be re-training the room attendant who serviced your room. Once again we do apologize that your stay was not the best that it could be. Please contact me personally should you wish to discuss your recent stay with us. I do hope that you will decide to stay with us again. I am confident that your next stay would result in us exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

It's not bad enough that they charge you $20.00 a day to park your car. It's bad when the valet parkers put a full sign and a pylon in front of the self park lot even when there are at least 10 spots open. It seems management allows this without regard. If they're charging $20 to park and there are not enough spots, build a parking deck then to provide more space.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
victoria c, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Please know that all hotels in the Fallsview district charge for parking, ours is one of the least expensive in the area. We do offer valet and self park for the flat fee of $20 plus tax with complete in and out priviliges. Unfortunately as we are extremely busy it is not always possible to remove the full sign in self park immediately. I do apologize that you were inconvenienced by this occurring. I will discuss your comments with our valet supervisor and I assure you we will be working diligently to ensure that the self park full lot sign is removed as quickly as possible.

On behalf of the hotel I wish to thank you for your feedback as we take our guests feedback very seriously. Without it we would not be able to fine tune our operation.

I do hope that you provide us with another opportunity of having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night just to catch out the falls and found our stay very comfortable..our room had heaps of space and the bathroom was awesome with a massive tub...we had a tiny view of the falls from our room with most of it behind a adjacent hotel..Niagara falls was alot more commercial then we thought it would be with massive hotel and even casino pretty much right on the falls however staring into the falls is very peaceful and calming..by the way there is a amazing fudge shop inside one of the casinos its a must try...overall we found the hotel to be a great stay staff were friendly wifi was good and the hotel was clean would definetly stay again

Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Michael B

Dear Michael

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are all pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope that we see you again should you be in the area.
By the way, the fudge shop in the casino is absolutely amazing and I hope you actually were there to see them make the fudge.

On behalf of the entire staff we wish to thank you for your business and for choosing our hotel for your visit to Niagara Falls.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the Radisson for 3 nights. We arrived at the hotel before check-in time but were able to get in to our room right away. We had a falls view room on the 12th floor, which we really enjoyed. Room had a mini fridge for our drinks and a microwave, as well as Sleep Number beds. All of the employees that we dealt with were very pleasant and professional. The only thing that we did not like was that the hotel tower was built without AC in the hallways outside the guest rooms, so in July they felt like a sauna. Our room AC unit worked great. Things to know: The view of the horseshoe falls is partially blocked by the Marriott. You cannot see the fireworks from a falls view room, but can take a short walk behind the Casino to see them. (Fireworks only lasted 5 minutes.) If you want a bottle of wine, you have to go to the LCBO store which is a walkable distance from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a falls view room on a high floor.
1  Thank KathrynH
victoria c, Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear KathrynH

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the staff to be pleasant and professional. We do apologize that we were experiencing a problem with the AC in the hallways during your stay. Our Director of Engineering has been working diligently to resolve the problems and has ensured us that the problem was isolated to the hallways. The rooms remain nice and cool.

On behalf of the entire staff at the Radisson Hotel we wish to thank you for your business. We look forward to having you stay with us should you be in the area.