“NEVER stay at the Radisson Fallsview”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 19 November 2008

The Radisson Fallsview is the worst hotel in Niagara Falls and we have stayed at about 10 different hotels over the years. The housekeeping staff are thieves. And the management does NOTHING about it. They not only stole money out of my purse (which was hidden), they actually stole food! The rooms are very dusty along with the tubs and floors and the housekeeping staff does not clean well. The pool is very small with the hot tub attached so the hot tub is not hot, it is just pool water. The hotel manager has now ignored all my requests to date for a copy of the complaint AND any kind of correspondence from the insurance company. I have written to the Radisson headquarters and heard nothing from them either. STAY away from this hotel. It was a nightmare!

4  Thank Cyndy P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,739)

Reviewed 10 November 2008

I just returned home from my weekend away in Niagara Falls, where I stayed my first night at the Radisson Hotel on the 10th floor, fallsview room. I was excited to watch the fireworks display from my room, but what I didn't know is that my "fallsview room" only showed half of the horseshoe Canadian falls, with the remainder of the view, and the fireworks, being blocked by the Marriott Hotel. I was told that our bed would be a King sized "sleep number" bed - it actually felt like I was sleeping on a slab of concrete - oh well, probably good for my back. We went out for dinner for a few hours, and when we returned and went back up to our room, our swipe card would no longer unlock our door. I went down to the front desk to get a swipe card that worked, and the girl and the desk was extremely rude. I just handed her my room key and told her for some reason it wasn't working, although it had been working earlier. She gave me attitude (which was a bit odd since I hadn't even complained!). We had some other negative experiences with staff - hopefully not a recurring problem. We would however, like to thank the Radisson for leaving us complimentary Cheerios, scattered on the floor of our room. Very thoughtful. Final note - you pay $20 for parking but the lot most likely will be full. They have valet parking, which is nice - but this adds to the parking costs since tips are expected. We ended up staying at the Sheraton Fallsview Hotel the next night (next door) for the same price, on the 19th floor, with a king sized bed (actually comfortable), underground parking, very friendly staff, gorgeous lobby, optional valet parking and a huge Jacuzzi tub - and YOU COULD ACTUALLY SEE THE FALLS -- American and Canadian!

Summary of Complaints:

1 - Views blocked by Marriott Hotel - only able to see a portion of the Canadian Falls.
2 - "Sleep number" beds are not in fact sleep number beds
3 - Lacking customer service skills (some employees).
4 - Rooms not very clean - Cheerios on the floor - stains on the carpet

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank srcaOntario
Reviewed 15 October 2008

We had an overnight stop at the Radisson. The room was very big with two Queen size beds, a sofa with coffee table,TV in large cabinet, microwave and plenty of space so that I could iron our clothes for the next day without being in anyones way. The bathroom was clean with plenty of fresh towels. We were very fortunate to have a room overlooking The Falls. We hadn't booked a Fallsview room- just got lucky! It was both a novelty and a once in a lifetime experience to go to sleep listening to the sound of Niagara Falls! The hotel didn't have a coffee shop but next door was 'Tony Roma' a coffee shop with an excellent choice of cooked breakfast, fruit drinks, yogurts. It cost us about $12 plus a $3 tip for both of us. and if I had a complaint it's that North Americans cannot cook bacon!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bookwormLondonUK
Reviewed 28 August 2008

What can i say we have a great stay. When arriving at the the hotel we were greated but very freindly staff and the reception area was nice with a seating area and with a shop and restaurant and pool area. Our room was lovely very big clean and nicely decorated. the bathroom was also very clean and had a whirpool bath. We were very lucky as our room did over look the Niagara falls which was lovely as we had breakfast in bed while looking at the falls. The hotel is not right in the main part which was nice as it was a little quieter but was only a 5-10minute walk from the main attractions. We had a fantastic time and would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pinkpink_rachel
Reviewed 11 August 2008

This was our first time going to Canada and Niagara Falls. We are so glad we choose to stay at the Radisson! There are many places to choose from on the internet and not knowing the area it is hard to know which is the best. I read the reviews from others and knowing a little of the reputation the Radisson has, booked a room. We even got free tickets for some of the places we wanted to go to in the room package! When we saw the hotel we were very pleased. The view of Niagara Falls from our room was breathtaking! The room was so comfortable, clean and the sleep number bed gave us the best nights sleep in a long time! The location is perfect. We parked our car in the lot and were able to walk to every attraction we wanted to go to. The staff answered our questions and attended to all of our needs. I will definately stay at another Radisson where ever we go. Thank you for making our visit fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank slc1255
Reviewed 11 August 2008

We stayed at the Radisson after calling around to the different hotels. They seemed to have a competitive rate. There was a parking charge but all the hotels we contacted had one as well. The room was nice and the hotel was close to everything. We booked the adventure pass and it was a great deal for what we received. Next time we go we will book a tour that is sold in the lobby. The staff were exceptional which just topped off our weekend getaway. Thanks for the memorable time. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2008

This hotel had a lousy breakfast buffet - very cheap looking and I laughed when my fork bent whilst eating bacon! The next day I went for breakfast in the Marriot and could see the falls from their breakfast restaurant and the food was superb. Wish I stayed here instead, as the Marriot vblovked my so-called Falls View hotel room view.

The parking was expensive - $20. The location was also a bit poor. Suggest you go to stay down near the casion, else you have to walk in a big "U" shape to get to the falls whihc is tedious as you can't get down the slope to take a direct path.

Suggest that you get an "adventure pass" that allows you to ride the railway up and down the slope and to do the Maid of The Mist and walk behind the falls and free buses to the power station and clock which was around $40.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled solo