“Wouldn't stay here again”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
travellerswap
“Wouldn't stay here again”
Reviewed 28 May 2009

The location of the Radisson is pretty good- close to restaurants, incline railway to the falls. We stayed here for 2 nights and had reserved 3 rooms each w/ 2 queen beds and city view. We got the 2 queen beds but they were the most uncomfortable beds I have ever slept on. The pillows were old and more like polyfill balls than actual pillows, some of the sheets were fraying with small holes in them and they were definitely not cotton sheets. When my husband slept on one side the and myself on the other the matress was like sleeping on a water bed. Overall the room was dark and dingy and very old.

When we arrived 2 of the three rooms did not have complimentary water bottles, our city view rooms had a view of the parking lot through a very awkwardly placed window. The lobby has a very strong smell of chlorine from the swimming pool and overall the hallways were very warm and not well ventilated. The room carpets were dark and gross too where I had to wear flip flops in the hotel room.

Mind you this hotel has a brand new wing with what I am assuming are nicer rooms. Had this been listed on Expedia we would have booked those. But their pictures were very deceptive. They also have a restaurant in the lobby which had awful service and the most pathetic excuse of a breakfast I have ever seen.

They also neglected to mention that parking is $20/ night so we had to shell that out when we got there. When we were checking out they took for ever to bring our car to the front...turns out the valet had mistagged the keys and they couldn't find our car keys. It wasted a good 1/2 hour of our time. Not to mention that they were so frantic and got us all nervous thinking that they had actually lost our car.

I would not stay here again and would advise strongly against staying here atleast not in the old wing.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (474)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Stayed at the Radisson for the Victoria Day long weekend (1 night). Drove from Toronto.

Check-in-okay nothing special
$115 plus tax for a jacuzzi suite
Room clean, fairly big
Jacuzzi was in bathroom, just an oversize tub with jets, not the big type in the common room.
Bed was a King-horrible-so uncomfortable.
Check-in is 4PM, out by 11 AM (unable to get a late check out)
Valet parking only- very disorganized, especially at check out time.
Waited for about a half an hour for my car. There is no excuse for that.
I would not stay at this hotel again, there are too many choices in Niagara falls.
Noisy- you can hear everything that happens in the hallway
Room service closed at 11PM

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 18 May 2009

Check-in was quick and easy and they gave us an upgrade to a Family Suite with 2 queen sleep number beds and fold out couch and jacuzzi tub on the 15th floor. It was very nice looking partially over the main street and the falls. Service was great, and the Hotel is 2 blocks away from the new Casino. The only downfall of this hotel is that there is no breakfast in the morning and the parking is 20 dollars. Nevertheless, i think this hotel is very compatible to other hotels around in the same area including the marriott and the Hilton. Dont go to the TGI Fridays if you want to take out a loan. 15.99 for a Drink is rediculous. The restaraunt in the hotel is very good and very reasonable, I would highly recommend it. Good Drinks and Good Food. We took some time out to take a dip in the pool, it was very nice. If i come back i would probably stay here, you never know, I like to try new things out, but I would definately recommend this to a friend or family member!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Reviewed 8 May 2009

My host selected this hotel for its great view of Niagara falls and I must say that she selected the best for me at best price.

My room was a grand room overlooking Horse Shoe fall and for most of the time i enjoyed Niagara by sitting at my window.
I was at Niagara in winter and I know it was not best time to visit niagara and heavy snow storm added much to the fanfare of nature so for most of the time i enjoyed Niagara from my hotel room.

The hotel got some very good restaurant and I must say they serve really good food at reasonable price.

Overall I love to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Niagara as a budget option.

• Liked — View of Niagara
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Mac_Don2000
Toronto
Reviewed 5 May 2009

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel with my boyfriend. Upon arrival, the lady at check in upgraded us to a fallsview jacuzzi suite free of charge simply because my boyfriend had never seen the falls before!! Parking was a bit expensive but again, the lady at check in cut in the price in half. Hotel room was very big, clean, and quiet.

An excellent stay and will definitely be back! Thank you!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2009

We stayed at the Radisson Fallsview for one night on April 3. We paid 129.00 CAN for a city view king junior suite. The room had all the amenities we needed. A microwave, small fridge, iron and ironing board, coffee maker, etc. The king size bed was comfortable. Free wireless internet was also offered. I wanted to plug in my laptop and had to find an accessible wallplug. I moved a bedside table and found dust bunnies, cobwebs and popcorn. We didn't eat any popcorn during our stay. This bedside table also had a sticky mess on it like a pop or juice spill that hadn't been wiped up. The bathroom sink had mold around the rim and the bathtub looked like it was rinsed but not properly cleaned. One of the drinking glasses had lip marks and finger prints on it. I would have given the hotel a higher rating if not for the terrible housekeeping. It seemed like whoever 'cleaned' the room had a quota to make. WIpe the tub, make the bed, vaccuum in front of the bed and out. If it wasn't for this I would probably have stayed here again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
chicago
Reviewed 4 April 2009

Reservation fwas for 2 queen beds cityview. Great for the price. They upgraded it when we got there for a large room 2 king size sleep number beds. Very nice but the bed s had hair on them. We called front desk they came right away and gave us a fallsview room. Breathtaking! The beds still had hair in them. The water in the shower had too much pressure. It was a killer!!! The pool had too much chlorine so we couldn't even get in there the smell went all the way to the front desk. It looked very nice, but nobody could go in there. It was empty and we were there for 3 nights. Other than that the hotel room was very nice. The beds were very comfortable. Parking was $25 and they gave us a discount so we paid $10 a day.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family