“Amazing view of falls & friendly service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
London
“Amazing view of falls & friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2009

I stayed here in April with my boyfriend, and as we were only going to be at Niagara falls for a few days, we didn't want to spend a lot on a hotel. So we booked a basic, older style city view room, at a good price. When we arrived, the receptionist was very friendly & offered us a complimentary upgrade. We thought this just meant a slightly bigger room...but no, we got one of the suites complete with spa jacuzzi looking directly onto the Falls with a breathtaking panoramic view!!! The room was very clean, and the bed was huge, with firmness control system for added comfort. The receptionist even called us to check we were happy with the upgrade!

There is a Tony Roma's downstairs, which was handy and pretty cheap if you chose well. The hotel has a pool, but we didn't use that, although it looked clean and well kept. The hotel location is fine, although it is about a 10 minute walk right into the heart of the Falls area, but we didn't feel like it was a long way - just a leisurely stroll.

All in all, we had a great stay & would return!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Huntington Beach
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

We booked the hotel due to the fair rate quoted to us and the location sounds good. We were first pleasantly surprised by the room given to us, we asked for two queen beds, and we got a room with a separate bedroom, a sitting area with wet bar, and a loft bedroom with a jacuzzi tub in it; it is by far the largest hotel room we ever stayed in. But upon looking outside the windows, we have the view of the parking lot right outside the window(we are on first floor) and dumpster. We just kept the window blinds drawn for the two-day stays. The room is very dated (I think it needs some renovation), and the carpet looked like it hasn't been vacuumed for a while..I would stay somewhere else next time I am there.

South Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2009

We stayed here recently on our trip to see Niagara falls. The hotel was ok, clean and the rooms were reasonable. I was disappointed to find no fridge in the room so we couldn't cool our drinks, although there is an ice machine in the corridor, or have any milk or food for our children. The swimming pool was a bit average. The hotel staff were helpful, friendly and courteous. Parking costs $25 a night. It is a bit of a walk to the falls from this hotel. I would try and stay at a hotel nearer to Murray St if you can. The hotel staff recommended a day tour package to the Niagara falls which we took but on retrospect we paid way too much and I would recommend that other people get the pass for the Maid on the mist, journey behind the falls, movie etc which is much cheaper than what we paid. I think we got ripped off. The hotel did give us a free pass to go up to the observation deck of the Konica tower to watch the fireworks at night which saved us some money. This pass is available to all hotel guests.

Long Island, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2009

The first surprise was the $20 per night additional charge for parking. Then we got to our room, which was booked as either 2 queens or a king with a sleeper. When we got there, the very nice desk clerk said our room was a king with a pull-out sleeper. Got to the room, no sleeper. Called the front desk to tell them, and the girl said, "Are you sure?" Ridiculous question, but whatever. So they moved us to a room with 2 queens. Horribly uncomfortable beds, worse pillows. Handle of bottom dresser drawer came off in my hand when I opened it. I called the front desk around 8 the next morning to request two extra pillows, then I put the "Please service room" tag on the door and we left to go sightseeing. Came back mid-afternoon, room hadn't been cleaned yet, no extra pillows. Saw the housekeeping girl, told her not to bother cleaning it since she hadn't gotten there yet (and really, this wasn't a problem, I know they're busy), but asked her if she would mind finding us the extra pillows, since they had never arrived. She said sure and promptly disappeared, never to be seen again. Couple of hours later I called the front desk to ask -- for the third time -- if we could have the stupid pillows. The young man said sure, he would be up in a minute. He was, but brought no pillows. Instead, he told me the pillows were in the dresser under the TV. I told him we had clothes in all three of those drawers, and there were no pillows in there, nor in the closet, or anywhere else. He asked, "Are you sure?" This seems to be their standard response. So he finally returned with two equally bad pillows and a very snippy attitude. The third day, after housekeeping had already come, my son opened the cabinet under the sink to find two bags of garbage and an empty pizza box, clearly left by the last occupant (or maybe someone even further back). I mentioned this to three of the housekeeping staff who were chatting out in the hall when I left the room a few minutes later. They all stared at me blankly. I know they spoke English because they were talking to each other. The garbage was still there when we left this morning. In addition, the pool is so chlorinated that my eyes hurt just standing OUTSIDE the closed door. Of course, my 7-year-old was desperate to go swimming anyway, so we put up with the chlorine, but on nearly every occasion we were at the pool our cards failed to open the door, as did almost everyone else's. It was sort of a running joke that nobody could get in the pool unless someone inside opened the door. We ate one breakfast at the restaurant. We seated ourselves, since nobody approached or said anything. The buffet was bare bones, and the silverware was dirty. The only time we saw a server was when she sullenly dropped the $33 bill off at our table. The falls are beautiful, and this hotel's location is good, but there is nothing else to recommend it.

Pittsburgh, PA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

After reading some of the bad reviews I was hoping for the best, but boy was I wrong. Check-in went smoothly, took our luggage up to our room only to find a huge stain on the carpet. I could overlook that fact but then when I noticed hair and dirt all over because the carpet hadn't been swept I was shocked. Walked into the bathroom to find hair all trhough the tub. At this point we went down to the font desk to let them know this was unacceptable and they did move us to a better room. Had trouble with housekeeping...would only give us one wash cloth for 2 people and then when we asked for extras we still didn't get any. The walls are paper thin...could hear everything!! Please don't be fooled by the pictures on line...it is nothing as it appears. Spend your money elsewhere...the Marriot looked very nice. Was wishing we would have stayed there!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mbta1234
Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2009

If you plan on coming to Niagara Falls don't let this hotel rip you off. I understand taking advantage of a tourist area but come on!! $230 for one night and you can't even enjoy a coffee because the pot has never been cleaned. Also, if you have allergies don't plan on using tissues, only cheap toilet paper. Our remote control was also broken and the ice bowel wasn't emptied or cleaned because it was full of skunky water. The lamps were not plugged in (probably from laziness of the staff). The pool was soo small and defiantly needs an update. It also would have been nice if you could open a window in the room for some fresh air but not here.
Do yourself a favor and stay at Embassy or the Marriott. Don't let pictures online trick you into thinking this hotel is worthy of your hard earned money.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Tamworth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2009

We stayed here in May overlooking the falls, the room was superb, it was big, comfortable, clean and tidy and overlooked the natural attraction the Falls, and what a view it was, when you peered through the window first thing in the morning to see the mist rising off the falls.

The breakfast downstairs at Tony Roma's was good, I would have liked a bit more variety i.e. fruit, but as I was only there for three days I can't really complain. The staff on the front desk were friendly and made the various calls for us regarding bookings etc.

When we go back next year we will be looking to book here again, as it is a nice easy stroll to the falls and the rest of the town, and there are plenty of eateries in the vacinity.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple