“Wouldn't stay here again”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
ffinmich82
“Wouldn't stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2010

I am not a picky person at all when it comes to hotels. Give me friendly people, nice rooms, pool, and a hot tub and I'm happy. This hotel doesn't really have any of it. The front desk person that helped us was extremely rude. The other staff wasn't busy and didn't even bother to correct her. We had a junior "suite" and there was nothing suite about it. The room felt small and we kept hitting the desk chair while trying to get to the other side of the bed. The bathroom was small and you had to close the door to get into the shower. The bed was like sleeping on cardboard. The pool is tiny and when we went to get into it, there were 10 kids in there, and we couldn't use it. The hot tub is nothing except a separate area in the pool with jets, so the water is just pool water. The location is nice for adults, but if you have kids, you would want to stay in Clifton Hill. If you go to NIagara Falls, park at one of the casinos. As long as you get 1 point on a players card (which is free), you get free parking. And if the exchange rate from US to Canadian is less, most places will give you even exchange if you use US money.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ffinmich82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2010

This is my first review on tripadvisor and I felt the obligation to share my experience on my first visit to Niagara Falls staying at the Radisson. First of all the front desk was pleasant and courteous upon us checking in at 12 AM on friday. They even gave us a discount on daily parking for just $10/day. However, they gave us a room on the 5th floor of their courtyard section, which is not even really connected to the main hotel tower but looks similar to a motel room stay. The mattress, poorly decorated, was flat and hard - and this did not help when we had driven 6 1/2 hours to get there. We decided to not complain and tried sleeping another night in the room but by sunday morning, I hadnt been able to sleep and my back was killing me - and I am in my twenties! I decided to speak to the front desk and had our room changed - which they did free of charge - for our last night there. The gave us a completely different room on the 5th floor of the main tower with 2 sleep number beds and a tiny glimpse of the river. Truth be told, we were so comfortable in the new beds that we skipped out on the nightlife altogether! Finally and unfortunately, upon checking out I left my wallet in one of the armoire drawers and forgot to notify the hotel until realizing it a few days later. Back at home, I called housekeeping services and left a voicemail with my name and number and a detailed explanation of the situation, yet they failed to call me back. Upon calling the next day, I spoke with the front desk about the situation and they had the main houskeeper finally return my call, where she claimed there was no telephone number on my voicemail and there was no wallet. Suffice to say, I did not believe her, I could possible face identity theft in the future, and I will not stay at this particular Radisson ever again.

Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Smallz82
fallsview, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview, responded to this review, 5 May 2010
Dear Smallz82:

After review of your comments, I am in agreement with you in regards to your concerns about the bed. We do have a few rooms with older beds. I am pleased to say that these will be replaced shortly as new ones have been ordered. They will not be Sleep Number but they are another option that is a Radisson standard and are very comfortable.

I do apologize that we were unable to locate your wallet. I have discussed this with the Executive Housekeeper and we will reinforce the importance of checking all of the armoire drawers upon guests vacating a room room. Thank you for your comments and we appreciate your feedback.
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2010

Yes, there is a $20.00 parking fee, however they are responsible for paying their own costs for the lot and ite respective maintenance fees. The front desk advised that we could keep the vehicle there until 5PM the next day, which gave us a chance to visit the Skylon tower the Sunday morning.

The lady at the front desk allowed us to check in several hours early, and gave us a great room with a terrific view of the falls. It was about $135 plus tax with a 15% spring discount for the night. They also provided a 10 dollar coupon for Tony's downstairs which we used for breakfast. The room was fine, clean with the special sleepbeds that you can control the level of firmness. My son loved the pool, cold or not ;) For the overall value, the price was fine - I wouln't recommend more than one night if you are on a budget. If you are going to stay at any of the higher end hotels, try to book early and splurge for a fallsview, or you will likely be staring at a parking lot.

With the Falls, expect to pay insane amounts for family places like TGI Fridays (about $17.00 plus for burgers and $7.00 for a pint of beer) - So tell the kids that you'll eat out one time and food court the other times. Have the kids choose one or two attractions on Clifton Hill - We all know that it is a money vacuum but the kids love it. Of course, the fun house leads directly to souvenirs.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2010

I will say that this hotel was one of the best stays I have had in a very long time. The reservation agent was very polite and very helpful. The front desk agent at check in (I think her name was Sam) was super nice. They gave me a complementary upgrade to the tower and the view was great. For being a Fallsview hotel the prices were very acceptable.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Churchville, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2010

they made a mistake on line in their pricing and would not honor the price that i received as confirmation. Then they jsut sent me an email cancelling my reservatin along with my friends. No reservation, no honoring of price because of their mistake. ...that's totally unacceptable.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
5 Thank janet1apg
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

We paid extra for a fallsview room, and we barely saw the mist coming from the falls. The room was nice, we had a jet tub- and we made use of it! It wasn't too loud like other jet tubs, so we were able to just enjoy it without wearing headphones. Everything was clean and tidy, and we loved being so close to The Keg, where we went to watch the fireworks at night while eating lobster tail.

The front desk over-charged us, but they fixed it quickly.

It was ok as a whole, but I wouldn't be loyal to this hotel. I'd be open to trying others before coming back here.

I'd recommend this hotel to a friend simply because it was average: nothing to really complain about, but nothing to rave about either.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Kitchener Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

The hotel was nice and clean and Stephanie on the front desk upgraded our room when she found out my husband and I were there on a belated Valentine's celebration. Very nice room.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple