“Better Options in Niagara Falls”

Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Kitchener, Onatrio, Canada
“Better Options in Niagara Falls”
Reviewed 4 January 2007

We stayed at the Radission for New Years Eve 2006. Overall, we found the hotel to be average.

Parking is $20 and is extremely limited. The hotel was very busy and we were fortuante to grab the last parking spot. Otherwise, they did have a valet option, but I'm unsure of the cost.

The lobby was fairly small. They have a small store selling souvenirs. A Pizza Hut, Tony Roma's, and a coffee shop were also on site. The hotel did have a small pool. It looked fine, but overlooked the parking lot and the lobby so it had no privacy.

We stayed in a Cityview Junior Suite. The room was non-smoking. The hallway reeked of smoke, but the room was fine. The couch and carpeting had some stains, but overall, the room was fairly clean. Bed was uncomfortable (not a sleepnumber bed like Radisson advertises).

The hotel is located near the Fallsview Casino. We were able to walk to the casino and there were some restaurants within walking distance. This hotel is NOT near Clifton Hill so do not stay here if you plan to spend time there. You'd have to drive to get there, and parking is expensive everywhere in the city.

Overall, a decent stay, but there are better hotel options in Niagara Falls. Both of Sheratons and the Embassy Suites offer better rooms for very similar prices.

• Liked — Room was very spacious
  • Disliked — Stains on the walls and on the furniture
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for a room in the tower section of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank cold_in_kitchener

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 12 November 2006

I booked this hotel on priceline for $70/ night so I guess I can't complain too much. I would strongly advise against paying anything more than that. There are several things wrong with this hotel:

- the hotel is in desperate need of a renovation and a good cleaning. Furniture is old, beds and mattresses are absolutely awful. Everything feels old and dirty.

- staff are poorly trained in making guests feel welcome. They made us feel like criminals for having used priceline. This comes across as ignorant, since Radisson must have an agreement with priceline and the arrangment, I would assume, is profitable. For example, I had to fight to get a non-smoking room because they insisted that booking on priceline meant that I don't get a choice on whether or not the room is non-smoking. When I explained that my wife is six months pregnant and that I had serious health concerns about my unborn child being in a non-smoking room they really didn't seem to care. There answer over and over again was that I shouldn't have used priceline. I was confused and continued to argue. After arguing and talking to a manager they grudgingly gave us a non-smoking room. I am still confused as to why, as fellow human beings, they would want to put a pregnant woman in a room that has been smoked in.

- maid service is lacking. Dirty washroom and a very superficial cleaning was done. Again, I think this is a training problem.

Overall - if you can get a cheap deal on priceline then staying here may be ok, but go in with very low expectations.

• Stayed November 2006
6 Thank torontocritic
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 October 2006

At first we were extremely happy with our stay at the Radisson. The staff was courteous, the room was comfortable, the location was convenient. All of our problems occured after we had left.

Unfortunately, our passports had been delayed in transit and arrived at the hotel after our stay. Despite multiple phone calls and assurances that they would be sent or were "on their way" we are still awaiting their return. Our experience with the front desk has been disappointing. Every error, e.g. the credit card we were assured could be used to pay for the courier service was not one that was accepted by the company, was implied to be our fault. Requests for a tracking number for the service eventually used were left unanswered until we contacted the corporate office.

Overall, we would have given our stay a "4" until this experience destroyed our confidence in the competence of the hotel staff.

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank destination
illinois
Reviewed 7 October 2006

Our vacation started with us being pleasantly greeted by the bell hop and then meeting Victoria at the front desk who was so professional and courteous from the very beginning to the end of our visit. The Hotel was clean and modern and room 439 with the view was the best. We returned home and the one thing I recall the most from our vacation was our vist to the Raddison Hotel. The way we were treated was what made such a difference to us. We will have very good memories from our experience and should I ever return I will stay there again. I tell all my family and co workers to consider staying at the Raddison Hotel in Fallsview. Thanks for helping make our vacation wonderful...

Stayed September 2006
4 Thank vicci7
Phoenix
Reviewed 27 September 2006

I was a little leary of this hotel since I read so -so reviews on it. After staying here for 2 nights, I have absolutely no idea where these negative reviews are coming from.

The hotel is beautiful and many parts of it are newly refurbished.

Check in was GREAT and very friendly and they offered late check out if we needed it. Lobby was huge with a few restraunts in it.

Our room was GREAT-partial view of the falls and we paid only 75 USD per night. We had a king bed, cable TV, microwave, coffee maker, HUGE bathroom which is a huge plus for me. Also we happened to have one of those nice big jacuzzi tubs. It was great. Our room was spotlessly clean and looked like it was newly renovated.

Food in niagara falls was a little pricey and bland tasting. We had a fantastic meal at the Hard Rock-good food and a great meal at Wolfgang Pucks-that is highly recommended.

i would avoid eating at Tony Roma's in the hotel. You get a $10 coupon for the breakfast buffett but trust me the food was not good. The only thing that tasted decent was the hot cakes and the eggs. The sausage and the bacon both were not fresh, and the orange juice was Tang.

Also avoid a restraunt called the Edgetop bar and grill, or something to that nature. It is right across from the falls and in that strip mall. It was pricey, food was bland, and they did not give free re-fills on soda-3.25 a pop. Rip off.

Maid of the mist boatride was cool but wet. Chilly also so bring a jacket.

This is a great hotel and I would stay here again.

• Liked — Large bathroom and jacuzzi tub
  • Disliked — Tony Roma's
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid Edgetop grill and bar restraunt..pricey and food was bad.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank nocturnalgirl72
Toronto
Reviewed 20 September 2006

I booked a room for my birthday one month before we were scheduled to arrive. I called a week beforehand to confirm our reservation as well as the couple's coming down with us. Good thing. They didn't reserve a room for me even though they sent me a confirmation number. I was on hold for 15 minutes while they "looked" for my room.

On my arrival date they called me to let me know they were cancelling my room because of problems with my visa. I wish they had. I gave them another card and was assured that everything was fine. Not so. They proceeded to cancel my friend's room without contacting them or us, leaving them to find another hotel at the last minute.

When we arrived and voiced our disapproval, they didn't care one bit and didn't even offer to comp us or them anything for the last minute cancellation. To top it off, our room smelled of smoke so bad that I couldn't spend more than 5 minutes in there without gagging. They had to set up a machine in there TWO times to get rid of the smell. I didn't work.

I can go on about the awful breakfast at Tony Roma's and so forth.... but that will take up another hour or so. Needless to say spare yourselves a horrible experience and go somewhere else!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — service, room quality, everything else.
  • Tips/Secrets — don't get the smoking room. Confirm reservations way in advance, go elsewhere
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Cupcake7
Glendale, California
Reviewed 19 September 2006

We checked in at this hotel from Sept 12-17, 2006. The room was ok. The staff are not that helpful though. No free wireless connection.They dont have a business center. They have a computer/internet kiosk (only 1) but too expensive (CAD $ 2/ 10 minutes access. The pool was so shallow. Its just about 3.5 ft deep even the adult one. The hotel was situated near the falls which was a great deal though. But there are better positioned hotel for the falls like Marriot and Embassy Suites. For a little bit more (probably less), have a look for other hotels as well before booking this one.

• Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mikeatla