“Disappointing Overnight Stay”

Ranked #66 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
ontario, canada
“Disappointing Overnight Stay”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a Groupon deal. The photos on Groupon's site made the rooms look lovely; updated features with big picture windows. That wasn't the room I received though.
There are 2 buildings and my room was located at ground level in a building separate from the building I checked into. The room was advertised to be "deluxe", but it was far from it! The bathroom had moldy ceilings, cobwebs and no hot water from either taps - after turning taps to hottest setting, you might get barely-over-lukewarm after 5 minutes. There was white spatter all over the black walls near the sink which I can only assume is old toothpaste. There was a door in the room with a slanted floor leading to the outside parking lot (that I paid $10 to park overnight in!) that had nasty peeling paint around it and looked unfinished or in the process of being refurbished. It did make loading the car easier the next day, but made the room cold and drafty. I was glad the heater in the room was working efficiently!
Although I only stayed overnight, there was a $3.99 facility fee tacked onto my bill - which was disappointing as they already dinged me $10 just to park on the premises. I've stayed at other hotel chains in the Falls where these types of charges did not apply, and the rooms were cleaner and more comfortable. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 17 November 2012
Thank you for your review.
I would like to apologize for what transpired during your stay with us. We have ensured to address your concerns with each appropriate department head in order to better serve each and every guest. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 16 November 2012

We originally booked a queen room that came with the Dealfind voucher we had purchased but at checkin we were asked if we wanted to upgrade to a king suite for $15 extra a day , after hearing the description of the room I accepted the offer and I am glad I did. The room was newly renovated with a large bedroom and a seperate living area with french doors dividing the two rooms. The bathroom was very clean with new tiling and fixtures. There was a tv in both the bedroom and living room but the remote for the one in the living room was missing so I reported it to the front desk and they found a replacement promptly and brought it to the room.Yes you do pay for parking but this is becoming the norm in Niagara Falls. The lobby is clean with a large curved staicase leading up to the second floor or down to the basement floor, and there is plenty of seating in areas where you would do any waiting. I would have no problem staying here again

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are especially excited to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated suites. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.
Petrolia, Ontario
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I have stayed at the Ramada Plaza several times. The service and value is good, rooms comfortable and spacious, although the cleaning often leaves something to be desired - not a huge issue, but lots of dusty counters, tables, etc., even in public areas like lobbies. Like many hotels in the area, a parking fee is added (as well as a 'facility fee' which I have not found at other hotels) so that sometimes brings a slightly upgraded hotel into a more reasonable range. The location of the Ramada Plaza is good with easy access to other areas of interest. My visits are usually for family events so I am looking for clean, comfortable, reasonably priced lodging which is why I often return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Part of this hotel has no elevator to upper floors so if you don't want to schlepp your baggage...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for your review.
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have addressed your comments with our executive housekeeper as we take hotel cleanliness very seriously. We look forward to having you stay with us in the near future.
THORNHILL
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Manager is rude, bill you for everything- parking, some extra taxes and extra for a weekends!
Dirty carpet, small and uninviting pool! too far from all attractions and noisy from a HWY

1 Thank irina T
SCARBOROUGH
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The Hotel was very nice and clean, but the elavotor need new carpet or new tiles, also, the glass outside the elavoror had bird mess. And also they were your people next door parting and making noise so we did not sleep well

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

RamadaPlaza_10, Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Thank you for your comments.
We are in the process of renovating our elevator tiles and carpeting. We have also just completed a major lobby renovation in order to better serve our guests. We hope to welcome you back soon in order to see our wonderful new lobby.
Thank you.
MISSISSAUGA
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Everything was excellent, It was very clean and good servise.

Thank you from Azmi and Tuzen mehmet family.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your fabulous response.
We are absolutely thilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to having you stay with us again as we are making many hotel improvements in order to serve you better!