“Poor and rude service”

Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls
Ranked #73 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Upon arrival we were given the worse service a guest could ever imagine. We reserved under an Amazon local deal and when we arrived was being charged full price. It took a lot of bargaining and energy for them to fix our rate. Upon arrival at the room, a door handle was missing on the French Doors and we did not have a "Do Not Disturb" tag. When we went to tell them about this, they were acting as if we have taken the items. A maintenance man arrived and tried to fix the handle, but said he would have to arrive another day. The next morning, a loud bang was on the door and before my husband could answer the door, they barged in with trying to fix a toilet (we did not have an injured toilet!). We were given tons of coupons and deals to use in the area and tried out the pub below, but the food was horrible and charged over $30 for breakfast! hen we went to check out, they claimed we were not supposed to check out until the next day and tried to bill us for it. Again, spending more energy to diffuse this situation. When we continued to look at the bill they charged us a fee to park on their very open lot! $12 for each day! $12 for parking our car where there was no gate, no guard, no nothing but concrete. This hotel is the worse for guest accommodations. I would not wish my worse enemy to sleep there!! Please pick the flea hotel next door, you may get a smile!!

Room Tip: Read every review you can on this hotel!~ They are probably 100% correct!!
2  Thank Lynne B
RamadaPlaza_10, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Hello Lynne, Please accept my personal apology for the events of your stay. This is not the standard we uphold here at the Ramada Plaza and I ensure you this will be passed along to the proper departments to be handled accordingly so it never happens again. I encourage you to contact the General Manager, Alan, at a.mccauley@ramadaplazaniagara.com to discuss the details of this stay. I do hope you allow us the chance to show you the perfect stay and I hope to welcome you back again soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We purchased a groupon for this hotel for a two night stay. I had done some research on what to do while in Niagara Falls, but thought it might be a good idea to get the opinion of locals. We got to the hotel, and it took us over 20 minutes to check in. When it was finally our turn to check in, the hotel staff was extremely rude and curt. For example, when I asked about the Maid of the Mist tour and if it was worth crossing over to the NY side to take the boat tour, the woman grabbed a flyer, slapped it down on the desk in front of my face, and walked away.

We got to the room, and it smelled moldy, the ceiling was stained brown along the seams, and the walls were paper thin. We could hear every single conversation in the rooms surrounding us.

I continued trying to get help from the staff at the front desk and got absolutely nowhere. We ended up asking waiters and store staff along the main strip for advice, everybody else was extremely nice.

I would NOT recommend staying here, there are hundreds of other hotels that will be a lot more pleasant.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Dana F

Hello Dana, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, and I do apologize for the poor service that you received. This is not the quality of our hotel that we have promised to provide and I assure you that this has been passed on to the front desk Manager to be looked after. There is absolutely no excuse that our hotel did not meet your standards during your stay. Please contact the General Manager, Alan, at A.mccauley@ramadaplazaniagara.com to discuss the events of your stay. Thank you

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Upon arrival we were charged an additional $16 for parking. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel and I wonder if there is a charge for parking if you eat there? Parking lot was very crowded. The hotel is a far distance from the attractions. The bathroom smelled of mold/yeast.

1  Thank Melissa M

Melissa, Thank you for the review, we love to hear feedback from our guests. We have a $12 parking fee. This ensures that your car will not be towed from the parking lot overnight. And although we are not in walking distance to the Falls, we sell WeGo passes at our front desk which will take you to all the attractions of the falls without having to find or pay for parking. However, I am truly sorry for any inconveniences you experienced during your stay and would like you to give us the chance to show you the perfect stay, so please contact our General Manager, Alan, at a.mccauley@ramadaplazaniagara.com to book your next stay. Thank you.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

1  Thank Sharon L
RamadaPlaza_10, Public Relations Manager at Ramada Plaza Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Reviewed 31 July 2014

The hotel itself is very nice but we had to pay a recreation fee and didn't use the pool or fitness center! My only real complaint is that I reserved two rooms and one wasn't ready when we checked in so our friends went through the whole process of checking and were told they could just pick up their keys later. When they went to pick them up later the staff tried to tell them they had given away their room because they weren't there. Eventually they got the room.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Hello Lynne, thank you for the review and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Our Facility Fee not only covers all three pools and the fitness centre, but also all of the other amenities of the hotel such as, the WiFi, long distance calling across Canada and the US, business centre, etc. I am sorry that both your rooms were not available at the time of check in, but I am glad to hear that everything was sorted out in the end. I will pass this comment along to the Front Desk Manager to ensure that it never happens again. Please accept my personal apology and I hope to have you stay with us again soon.