GOOD VALUE & CLEAN
If you're already in Niagara Falls with the family, then the Clifton Victoria Inn (CVI) is pretty good value with parking & breakfast included.
For the price (again basing this on "value"), the rooms are decent, clean (we always pre-check the beds & room before bringing bags in and settling in) and comfy. The included breakfast buffet is the kicker that makes it worthwhile, but trust me: GO EARLY! On a weekend that area of tables will fill up quickly...and there's likely a lineup for the make-your-own waffles (a real hit with kids).
The main part of the hotel is fairly old, especially noted by the elevators, but then it's been added on to with a secondary wing and a large covered atrium that makes for a nice interior to look onto. In the atrium is the small pool, breakfast buffet dining area, and the reception, so it gives a bit of outdoor feel for the indoors during the winter - a nice touch, but makes for chlorine smell throughout. It's not a high-end place, but is good for the buck.
Generally, the staff were quite good, but found the woman in charge at the front desk to be a bit abrupt with us...and, quite annoyingly, did so while smiling. We found it quite rude, as she was obviously smiling in a forced way while essentially giving us the message to move along and don't bother her. The others at the front desk appeared bewildered by the behaviour of their "boss", but also appeared green (aka new). Maybe she had had a bad day, or maybe she's simply not suited to the service industry.
As we were ready to depart, an automatic e-mail was sent by the CVI manager thanking us for our stay, and announcing that the property was to fall under the Marriott brand. That little nugget made for our conclusion that the front desk manager-du-jour was definitely NOT consistent with the Marriott brand. Hopefully she either shapes up or is shipped out.
We would return for another family trip....but definitely arrive early for breakfast!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clifton Victoria Inn At The Falls located on the Falls Avenue Resort, is within a block of Niagara Falls and the Clifton Hill tourist district. The hotel also sits directly across from Casino Niagara and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. The Clifton Victoria Inn has long been a family favorite thanks to exceptional complimentary services and amenities, such as complimentary hot/cold breakfast buffet, 100% smoke free facilities, free wireless internet access and free on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn By Hilton At The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
- Hampton Inn At The Falls
- Niagara Falls Hampton Inn