“Great Hotel”

Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls
Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel as part of the waterpark package too. I loved our stay. The staff was kind and helpful, the breakfast was really great, (especially the waffles). The areas were clean and well managed, the rooms were quiet and comfortable, and we just had such a wonderful time.

Room Tip: There are indoor balconies that over look the pool. I didn't have this room, but it will for su...

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here as part of the Waterpark package and had an awesome time. The staff was very friendly, our room was clean, and the linens were surprising exquisite. The free breakfast was a bonus and there was a large variety of food both hot and cold. The hotel is in a great location - close to everything and just across the street from the waterpark. We will definitely be coming back here again!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very nice affordable cenntrally located to all the attractions and only a short walk to the Falls. The Hotel
provided free of charge a very well appointed breakfast to it's guests. Would visit this Hotel again.

Room Tip: Away from the pool area which can be on the noisy side
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were at Clifton Victoria Inn, Niagara Falls for the night of 18th April 2004, Friday – One Night Fallsview Water Park package. We were there at 11am in the morning and were given our waterpark package with the request to comeback at 3pm for check-in. We came back at 6pm to be told that room will be NOT be available till 9:30pm. Yes, standing there for my room key, with my family (spouse & 3 kids), tired, hungry & in swim-suits, I was told to come back in another 4 hours…

No concern, arid excuse and the Supervisor (Francis) got busy with other patrons as if we don’t even exist. The nastiest part of the experience was that at least two other families were checked-in while we were still waiting there unattended. On our objection, I was rather taciturnly told to take a full refund with the silver-lining of having already used water-package and leave... Leave with my exhausted family on a cold night to look for another room because the hotel forgot about the basic definition of ‘hospitality’.

Apparently, the General Manager (Nancy Wales) was already been apprised of the situation and seem to be giving all the good suggestions. I personally called your office number (given by the staff) and left the message too. After, persistent denial of room availability and continues offering of ‘refund’, finally I was told to wait for another 30 minutes to get the room ready? And I do get a room ready at 7:10pm!
What happened? Why I was being denied a room? Why I was made to wait there for more than an hour tense & harassed?

The best that sounded like sorry I got was to return for a 1-night stay in a Family Suite. This would be room only and is valid Sunday to Friday until June 30th, 2014 based on Hotel availability. For sure I refused. First, I am still trying to understand what happened and why on my last visit? Secondly, coming all the way from GTA to just stay one night (without any package) and that too after such appalling experience; it will take time to absorb the same. I still need to comprehend is that how come while we were being deprived of our reservation, at-least two other 'lucky' families were checked-in?

10  Thank Alok C
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We have been coming to this hotel for a few years now and my family loves staying here. It is a great hotel for a vacation. We also like the location as it is really close to Clifton Hill. The hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast is good (everyone loves the waffles) and free and free coffee is available in the atrium 24/7. Parking is also free with lots of parking spaces. My kids love the pool and the hot tub. We recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised upon our arrival into our room to find a bottle of wine and two glasses filled with chocolates - a very nice touch. The staff is friendly and always helpful. Our family has always been treated well at this hotel and we highly recommend staying here.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

The hotel stay was ok. But the bed linens...we loved. Very comfy bed and cool-to-touch satin type linens! The hotel is old and needs to be updated, however for the price, I can't complain. We had a jacuzzi king room for two nights for 159.00! We even had a fireplace in our room that came in handy since it was still VERY cold at that time. It was a package deal from their website, that also included breakfast...you cant beat it. It is also in walking distance of the Falls and the strip, We walked to the Wax Works and down to the Falls. We only drove to get food and to go to a winery. The receptionist at the front desk didn't seem very friendly, but did make sure we had everything to go along with the package. The housekeeper kept coming by around 10am, to clean but we weren't ready for her. She came back and cleaned later. The pool and jacuzzi is weirdly located in the lobby, with an iron fence around it...both small. The jacuzzi looks like a kiddie pool! Overall, a good trip and ok hotel for the price. No real complaints. Quiet.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed three nights in the middle of April. I researched the hotels that offered the water park package. I picked this hotel because they offered a second bedroom that was great for my two young girls.
We got there before check in and they were able to get us into our room. It wasn't a peak time so I'm not sure if this is possible during busy times. The staff was very nice. We were pleasantly surprised with our room because we had a room with a balcony looking over the atrium (pool and breakfast area). Although there was a lot of echo in the atrium it was never a problem because the noise really went away when the pool closed at 10. Since my girls slept in the back bedroom, they weren't bothered by it.
We had the breakfast for the three mornings we were there. We got a table but if we wanted a waffle, the line was at least 10 people. We went down right at 7 the next two days to make waffles and brought them back to our balcony. For a free breakfast, we felt it was fine for us.
We were really happy with the free internet and parking. When we came a few years back to another hotel, we had to pay $20 a day. The hotel is worth it just for the free breakfast, internet and parking. If you are traveling from the US and have to pay for data (we had to pay $2 per MB if we had our 4G turned on) you will appreciate the internet as well.
Overall, we really liked this hotel and would definitely come back. As a hotel is was great and the water park package made it so worth the money. We also received a coupon book with some really great deals.

Room Tip: We are a family of 4 - the family suite is a great deal but see if you can get one with the balcony...
1  Thank Marie S