Lovely hotel, easy to find, awesome parking is free, close to everything, wanted to rate it a five except for the temperature of the rooms. We got an awesome Wagjag deal and had water park passes for the weekend, which was right across the street, an easy 3 minute walk. Our room was a suite on the main floor, close to the pool, sliding doors to the pool which was great for the kids to see their friends next room over. However their was no circulation of air, the air conditioning did not work, not to mention even on Fan mode, and asked to have it looked at (and he said he would move us if we needed to), the repair person came, and said he'd be back in a minute, never to return again.....(we came with friends who were next door, and being already unpacked, and settled, I didn't want to do that twice, so we didn't ask for a new room) There was five of us in the the two room suite, which I am sure contributed to the warmth, but the room sat at 25 degrees at night, none of us slept with covers, and my kids even complained of being too warm. I typically turn my furnace down at night time, and am not used to having a room that warm, which is very unfortunate because the beds where very soft and comfortable, with crisp clean white linens on them, and tons of pillows. We got some air flow during the time when we would open both our door and patio door, to allow for some fresh air.
As I said I wanted to rate it a 5 stars because of so many many positives about this hotel. We constantly saw people wiping and cleaning things, floors, railings etc. The staff were very pleasant, check in was smooth and informative, the room spotless, the hotel had a smell of chlorine because the pool is in the main open part, but in no way was offensive. The pool spotless, lots of towels available. We encountered noisy and rude neighbours and the front desk handled it quickly and resolved it fast. Coffee was amazing and available all day and night, and the breakfast, what a nice treat to have it right at your door stop. Waffles, bagels, muffins, bread, oatmeal, eggs, sausages, cereals, juice, milk, yogurts, etc. (those who complain about breakfast, I'd like to see what they are used to having?) There was plenty of it and always being replenished, no to mention the staff, working hard and being extremely helpfull and friendly. The waffle station would get slow when parents would let their children make the waffles (though it clearly states you need to be 16), and if people would read the signs they would be able to learn how to use the very simple machines.
Would I return, I'd love to, but would be more consistant and demand a room that had air that worked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Clifton Victoria Inn At The Falls located on the Falls Avenue Resort, is within a block of Niagara Falls and the Clifton Hill tourist district. The hotel also sits directly across from Casino Niagara and the Fallsview Indoor Waterpark. The Clifton Victoria Inn has long been a family favorite thanks to exceptional complimentary services and amenities, such as complimentary hot/cold breakfast buffet, 100% smoke free facilities, free wireless internet access and free on-site parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn By Hilton At The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
- Hampton Inn At The Falls
- Niagara Falls Hampton Inn