“Nice Stay, needed air.”

Ranked #23 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
London, Canada
“Nice Stay, needed air.”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Lovely hotel, easy to find, awesome parking is free, close to everything, wanted to rate it a five except for the temperature of the rooms. We got an awesome Wagjag deal and had water park passes for the weekend, which was right across the street, an easy 3 minute walk. Our room was a suite on the main floor, close to the pool, sliding doors to the pool which was great for the kids to see their friends next room over. However their was no circulation of air, the air conditioning did not work, not to mention even on Fan mode, and asked to have it looked at (and he said he would move us if we needed to), the repair person came, and said he'd be back in a minute, never to return again.....(we came with friends who were next door, and being already unpacked, and settled, I didn't want to do that twice, so we didn't ask for a new room) There was five of us in the the two room suite, which I am sure contributed to the warmth, but the room sat at 25 degrees at night, none of us slept with covers, and my kids even complained of being too warm. I typically turn my furnace down at night time, and am not used to having a room that warm, which is very unfortunate because the beds where very soft and comfortable, with crisp clean white linens on them, and tons of pillows. We got some air flow during the time when we would open both our door and patio door, to allow for some fresh air.
As I said I wanted to rate it a 5 stars because of so many many positives about this hotel. We constantly saw people wiping and cleaning things, floors, railings etc. The staff were very pleasant, check in was smooth and informative, the room spotless, the hotel had a smell of chlorine because the pool is in the main open part, but in no way was offensive. The pool spotless, lots of towels available. We encountered noisy and rude neighbours and the front desk handled it quickly and resolved it fast. Coffee was amazing and available all day and night, and the breakfast, what a nice treat to have it right at your door stop. Waffles, bagels, muffins, bread, oatmeal, eggs, sausages, cereals, juice, milk, yogurts, etc. (those who complain about breakfast, I'd like to see what they are used to having?) There was plenty of it and always being replenished, no to mention the staff, working hard and being extremely helpfull and friendly. The waffle station would get slow when parents would let their children make the waffles (though it clearly states you need to be 16), and if people would read the signs they would be able to learn how to use the very simple machines.
Would I return, I'd love to, but would be more consistant and demand a room that had air that worked.

1 Thank ndq1970

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
  • Hebrew first
Welland, ON
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I decided to give this hotel a try for a rare night out and we wish now we had booked elsewhere. Our jacuzzi room was old and tired, it had a funny smell from the minute we walked in, the toilet was running constantly and when I finally had enough and lifted the lid, I saw that the reason it was having issues is because someone had put a bunch of toilet paper balled up to temporarily "fix" the issue. I was able to get it to stop running myself but wasn't impressed. The air conditioning took all night to cool down the room, even set on high. I called for different pillows and was told they had none. The bed was unbelievably uncomfortable and although they said it was a queen, it looked and felt more like a double. Tons of kids running around all hours of the night, loud doors opening and closing woke us (from the 1 hour sleep we did manage to get) at 7am. I specifically asked about the breakfast when I called and was told hot breakfast with omelette station. It was nothing more than a continental breakfast bar full of kids running around with powdered eggs and nasty sausage. The location is great and the front desk staff were nice enough but we won't be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank niagaramom
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel as part of the waterpark package too. I loved our stay. The staff was kind and helpful, the breakfast was really great, (especially the waffles). The areas were clean and well managed, the rooms were quiet and comfortable, and we just had such a wonderful time.

Room Tip: There are indoor balconies that over look the pool. I didn't have this room, but it will for su...
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed here as part of the Waterpark package and had an awesome time. The staff was very friendly, our room was clean, and the linens were surprising exquisite. The free breakfast was a bonus and there was a large variety of food both hot and cold. The hotel is in a great location - close to everything and just across the street from the waterpark. We will definitely be coming back here again!

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Very nice affordable cenntrally located to all the attractions and only a short walk to the Falls. The Hotel
provided free of charge a very well appointed breakfast to it's guests. Would visit this Hotel again.

Room Tip: Away from the pool area which can be on the noisy side
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We were at Clifton Victoria Inn, Niagara Falls for the night of 18th April 2004, Friday – One Night Fallsview Water Park package. We were there at 11am in the morning and were given our waterpark package with the request to comeback at 3pm for check-in. We came back at 6pm to be told that room will be NOT be available till 9:30pm. Yes, standing there for my room key, with my family (spouse & 3 kids), tired, hungry & in swim-suits, I was told to come back in another 4 hours…

No concern, arid excuse and the Supervisor (Francis) got busy with other patrons as if we don’t even exist. The nastiest part of the experience was that at least two other families were checked-in while we were still waiting there unattended. On our objection, I was rather taciturnly told to take a full refund with the silver-lining of having already used water-package and leave... Leave with my exhausted family on a cold night to look for another room because the hotel forgot about the basic definition of ‘hospitality’.

Apparently, the General Manager (Nancy Wales) was already been apprised of the situation and seem to be giving all the good suggestions. I personally called your office number (given by the staff) and left the message too. After, persistent denial of room availability and continues offering of ‘refund’, finally I was told to wait for another 30 minutes to get the room ready? And I do get a room ready at 7:10pm!
What happened? Why I was being denied a room? Why I was made to wait there for more than an hour tense & harassed?

The best that sounded like sorry I got was to return for a 1-night stay in a Family Suite. This would be room only and is valid Sunday to Friday until June 30th, 2014 based on Hotel availability. For sure I refused. First, I am still trying to understand what happened and why on my last visit? Secondly, coming all the way from GTA to just stay one night (without any package) and that too after such appalling experience; it will take time to absorb the same. I still need to comprehend is that how come while we were being deprived of our reservation, at-least two other 'lucky' families were checked-in?

10 Thank Alok C
Vaughan, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We have been coming to this hotel for a few years now and my family loves staying here. It is a great hotel for a vacation. We also like the location as it is really close to Clifton Hill. The hotel is clean and the beds are comfortable. The breakfast is good (everyone loves the waffles) and free and free coffee is available in the atrium 24/7. Parking is also free with lots of parking spaces. My kids love the pool and the hot tub. We recently celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary at this hotel and we were pleasantly surprised upon our arrival into our room to find a bottle of wine and two glasses filled with chocolates - a very nice touch. The staff is friendly and always helpful. Our family has always been treated well at this hotel and we highly recommend staying here.