“Great Niagara Experience”

Ranked #25 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Whitby, Canada
“Great Niagara Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

As a single Mom, I need to make every dollar count. This hotel was worth every penny!! It was clean, quiet and close to everything!! We stayed here as part of a package with the water park but my son and I enjoy the hotel pool/hot tub almost as much. We will definitely come back again!

Room Tip: I am a very light sleeper and was happy to have a room that didn't face on to the courtyard. Sl...
2 Thank Cathy G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Hebrew first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

All we have to say is WOW ! This hotel is amazing Your staff are soooo nice, your rooms are beautiful and not only was your rooms clean and smell clean but so does your hallways. Your free breakfast was delicious We give your hotel a 10/10

• Stayed May 2014
Mentor, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel as a part of a water park package.

Check in took a long time, but once it was my turn, things moved quickly and efficiently.

Our room was on the first floor, looking into the lobby. It was weird. There was a bench outside of our room, and several times there were children banging on our window while the parents sat on the bench. This happened especially in the morning during the breakfast buffet which took place in the lobby. That being said, I was impressed with how little outside noise there was in our room considering our proximity to the buffet.

Our room was decently nice. The beds were comfortable. My only two issues were that the room was incredibly warm. Even when we adjusted the thermostat very low, still very warm. Also, the shower heads are at about 5'. Very low. I'm short, but it was even low for me.

Free parking was a treat. Almost nobody gives free parking anymore. The hotel is very close to all of the main attractions, which was nice. We also made use of the hotel pool, very well kept, and good hours (10a-10p).

I would stay again, but ask to not be on the first floor.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Caledon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We had a package deal with this hotel booking with water park passes...
Checking in was super fast ..staff very nice and friendly, the hotel a bit outdated but for the price and our trip excellent !!!!
we spent the whole day at the water park cross from the street, we showered there and slept ..then woke up for the great Waffle Breakfast ..breakfast is really amazing and plus all day complimentary coffee !!!!

Will definitely go again for the price + Breakfast

Room Tip: we had a room looking over the street ..we loved it as we watched the Fire works :-)
1 Thank Laja007
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Unlike other budget hotels, the Victoria Inn is a place where cleanliness and value meet together in perfect harmony. With a superbly speedy wireless internet connection (which handled on-demand movie watching with no problems,) and a delightfully succulent continental breakfast consisting of eggs, waffles, yogurt, teas and many other items, my entire family and I were pleasantly surprised by it's low cost price tag (considering that we have been burned by cheap hotels in the past.) Plus, as an added bonus, tickets for the Fallsview Indoor waterpark were pre-included with our hotel stay.

The falls were also very close to our place of residence, allowing us to walk for a short distance and take photos prior to our departure. I would definitely recommend staying here, provided that you get a deal from Groupon, WagJag etc.

2 Thank alexmrb
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Lovely hotel, easy to find, awesome parking is free, close to everything, wanted to rate it a five except for the temperature of the rooms. We got an awesome Wagjag deal and had water park passes for the weekend, which was right across the street, an easy 3 minute walk. Our room was a suite on the main floor, close to the pool, sliding doors to the pool which was great for the kids to see their friends next room over. However their was no circulation of air, the air conditioning did not work, not to mention even on Fan mode, and asked to have it looked at (and he said he would move us if we needed to), the repair person came, and said he'd be back in a minute, never to return again.....(we came with friends who were next door, and being already unpacked, and settled, I didn't want to do that twice, so we didn't ask for a new room) There was five of us in the the two room suite, which I am sure contributed to the warmth, but the room sat at 25 degrees at night, none of us slept with covers, and my kids even complained of being too warm. I typically turn my furnace down at night time, and am not used to having a room that warm, which is very unfortunate because the beds where very soft and comfortable, with crisp clean white linens on them, and tons of pillows. We got some air flow during the time when we would open both our door and patio door, to allow for some fresh air.
As I said I wanted to rate it a 5 stars because of so many many positives about this hotel. We constantly saw people wiping and cleaning things, floors, railings etc. The staff were very pleasant, check in was smooth and informative, the room spotless, the hotel had a smell of chlorine because the pool is in the main open part, but in no way was offensive. The pool spotless, lots of towels available. We encountered noisy and rude neighbours and the front desk handled it quickly and resolved it fast. Coffee was amazing and available all day and night, and the breakfast, what a nice treat to have it right at your door stop. Waffles, bagels, muffins, bread, oatmeal, eggs, sausages, cereals, juice, milk, yogurts, etc. (those who complain about breakfast, I'd like to see what they are used to having?) There was plenty of it and always being replenished, no to mention the staff, working hard and being extremely helpfull and friendly. The waffle station would get slow when parents would let their children make the waffles (though it clearly states you need to be 16), and if people would read the signs they would be able to learn how to use the very simple machines.
Would I return, I'd love to, but would be more consistant and demand a room that had air that worked.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ndq1970
Welland, ON
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I decided to give this hotel a try for a rare night out and we wish now we had booked elsewhere. Our jacuzzi room was old and tired, it had a funny smell from the minute we walked in, the toilet was running constantly and when I finally had enough and lifted the lid, I saw that the reason it was having issues is because someone had put a bunch of toilet paper balled up to temporarily "fix" the issue. I was able to get it to stop running myself but wasn't impressed. The air conditioning took all night to cool down the room, even set on high. I called for different pillows and was told they had none. The bed was unbelievably uncomfortable and although they said it was a queen, it looked and felt more like a double. Tons of kids running around all hours of the night, loud doors opening and closing woke us (from the 1 hour sleep we did manage to get) at 7am. I specifically asked about the breakfast when I called and was told hot breakfast with omelette station. It was nothing more than a continental breakfast bar full of kids running around with powdered eggs and nasty sausage. The location is great and the front desk staff were nice enough but we won't be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple