“Comfortable stay.”

Ranked #23 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Dorchester Ontario Canada
“Comfortable stay.”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Started off by booking through agent by phone with no issues. Quoted a higher price, but had already done a bit of online research and directed the agent to web page and no problem honouring the lower price. So, look around for a deal. $96 for two queen beds. Hotel is close to Clifton Hill (one block). About a 15 minute walk to the falls for the average person. All staff were pleasant. Rooms were standard and acceptable. Clean and beds somewhat comfortable. No issues with noise at night. WiFi ok. Free parking is a huge bonus as a lot of hotels charge $20. Breakfast also free AND includes hot items. Standard fare, but hits the spot. Requested in advance adjoining rooms and up high. I don't know if they have adjoining rooms, but they did put us side by side and up high. Arrived early and they were able to allow us to check in. Thank you for a great stay.

1 Thank emsteph

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Hebrew first
North Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with our two young children. Stayed in a second floor family suite. It was great. Just took a little but to get used to not having a window to the outside world. Breakfast, pool and free parking rocked too! I would stay there again!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Cando123
Havelock, Canada
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at the Clifton Victoria Inn last week with my daughter and her two young sons. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and check-in was quick. The room was clean, the beds and bedding very comfortable and the buffet breakfast was great too. Also the location was perfect and to top everything off the parking was free. I will definitely stay there again.

Frostproof, FL
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed Sunday, July 13, 2014, 2 adults, 2 kids. After researching for literally hours trying to find a hotel that was convenient, not crazy priced, and had some amenities that put it above others, I booked this by clicking the special deal link here on TripAdvisor. I was hoping I made the right choice because it wasn't one of the top-rated ones I was contemplating. However, after arriving I was quite pleased. Accessibility: Easily located, easy parking, a couple blocks from Clifton Hill. Check-in: Flawless. I asked if they gave me a room following my typed in notes (quiet, higher level, good view if possible) and the front desk attendant nodded her head with a smile, yes, yes. Lobby: Interesting. Check-in area was small but functional. The atrium made for a great visual. Clean. One glass elevator took us up to the 5th floor. There are two elevators and they were very quick. Parking: FREE! At the rear of the hotel and not secure, but we didn't feel that was a problem, just use your brain, lock up, remove valuables from sight. Though check-out is at 10, you can leave your car parked until 1 p.m. Room: 532. Two queen beds, comfortable, clean. Bathroom functional and clean. Plenty of towels/washcloths, but one of those standard-size tub/shower combos with the curtain constantly hitting you while you shower. Room a bit dated, but I expected that. It was quiet, it was higher up (5 out of 6 floors), and we could see the mist from Horseshoe Falls and the big ferris wheel. You CAN see the fireworks perfectly well from the window (big window), which we did because it was raining and we decided to stay in. Coffee maker in the bathroom. TV and remotes worked great. A table with a leather chair, another different chair in the corner. We visited with 2 children, ages 13 and 6, so between the 2 beds and 2 chairs we never felt cramped. Location: Walking distance to Clifton Hill and down to the falls walk. We walked all the way to Horseshoe Falls to go under the falls, and that's a bit of a hike. Ended up getting the WEGO 24-hours pass to return, though you could trek back. Convenient to Rainbow Bridge, but that's also a good hike to the U.S., so we passed on that because the view from the Canadian side was awesome enough. Breakfast buffet: I don't know what anyone could lack from this type of buffet. It had plenty to fill us up - make-your-own Belgian waffles that were best we ever had, ham, egg/cheese omelet, bagel, breads, fresh fruit, coffee, juice, milk, cereal, hot oatmeal with 3 different toppings. The added value of this alone made this hotel extremely reasonable (I paid $95 plus taxes for a Sunday-night stay). Food in this area is expensive - Burger King runs $5 on up for just a burger. Food was delicious (make a bagel/egg/ham sandwich). Coffee runs 24/7 and sometimes there is still milk in the dispenser even after breakfast. Ice-cold milk my kids loved. Pool: Small but heated. Hot tub small but nice. There is a sauna. They provide pool towels as well right there at the pool. Sleep: Quiet, quiet, quiet. Cozy bed, 3 cozy pillows on each bed, extra blanket in closet. Room temp: Easily adjustable on the side unit. Other reviewers said get a room facing atrium as they have balconies. Well, it's not really a balcony, its a sliding glass door with an iron railing right next to it - a balcony to me is someplace private you can sit on chairs while looking over. Plus atrium is the noisiest area with the chlorine smell from the pool. Really the only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is that it was dated. I understand they are upgrading, which is great if they leave the price the same or very similar. Free parking, free Wifi, free breakfast, great location. Overall, this exceeded my expectations (we are not high-end travelers who have to have Embassy Suites, Hiltons, etc., but our vacations are usually timeshares with lots of space). All of my typed-in notes were received. Great staff, too!

Room Tip: Room 532 was very quiet. The view was towards Clifton Hill area with the mist from Horseshoe Falls...
6 Thank tazmindog
PA
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family and I really enjoyed our stay. Not only was the hotel clean and in a perfect location, but the staff was so friendly and helpful. They offer free hot breakfast; which we made our own waffles. Since we got there too early to check in, we got our parking pass, parked our car and went to do the free attactions that they gave us vouchers for. By time we were done, it was time to check in. It was perfect! They also offer free Wifi.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and family. We had a great vacation and I can't wait until our next visit.

Stoney Creek, Canada
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is the third time we have stayed at this hotel and were once again completely happy with our stay. We have always stayed in a first floor room that has access to the lobby with a sliding door. Our children LOVE this direct access to the pool area. The lobby/pool decor is very quaint - I know it sounds a little strange that the pool is in the lobby, but the convenience of it is great! Everyone from the cleaning staff to the front desk are always friendly and courteous. The breakfast is delicious and has a great variety of items available. There truly is something for everyone. This is a very affordable family hotel. Free on site parking adds to the value of this hotel. We arrived early on our reservation day and the staff at the front desk provided us with our free parking pass, so that we could enjoy the sites before checking in. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for great value!

2 Thank Jennifer G
Lilburn, Georgia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

GREAT location...easy walk to everything. Staff was friendly. Place was clean and comfortable. Free breakfast was very good! Waffles, eggs, sausage, etc. We felt it was worth the money and would stay there again. We also enjoyed the sauna and Jacuzzi after having walked all over!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms overlook the pool which was very busy/noisy up till 10pm
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple