“Waterpark Package - Clean rooms. Reasonable Rates”

Clifton Victoria Inn at the Falls
Ranked #30 of 127 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 8 August 2009

AVOID the second floor (east side) as it had a musty smell to it (old smoke perhaps)?!

We used Tripadvisor to decide on the Hampton Inn hotel and we were pleased with the outcome. We wanted to use the Falls View Water Park and wanted to take advantage of the water park package. The Skyline Hotel scared us off because of claims of bugs on a Tripadvisor review. The Sheraton was simply overpriced. So the more information you research the better. I should point out to couples that because of the Hamptons proximity to the Water Park there may be alot of kids in this hotel. Noise in the hallways was not an issue during our stay.

We looked into various hotels around Niagara and chose the Hampton Inn because of:

1. Location to Water Park and falls.
2. (Recent) good reviews from previous Hampton customers and
3. Reasonable price based on the Water park package deal.
4. Free parking was a bonus but in reality you’re probably paying for it in your hotel price.
5. Breakfast included.

The fact that it says by Hilton after their name does not tell me much but based on the Hilton reputation I expected a clean hotel if anything.

HOTEL
My first impression of the hotel lobby was that it was clean, so far so good. The front desk staff were friendly, good again. We were given a room on the 2nd floor.

ROOMS
We went to the 2nd floor and in the hall we immediately noticed a distinct odour like old cigarette smoke...musty. We entered our room and the smell was still there. I was annoyed to come across this smell after just arriving but kept my head on. I went to the front desk and explained the situation and asked if it was possible to stick my head in another room to see if the odour was there as well. The young girl did not hesitate and with a smile and an apology gave me key cards to another room on the 3rd floor. It was like night and day and we changed rooms. This hotel as all hotels are now all smoke free (as far as I know) and this could have been odour from years past but then again the carpet looked reasonably new so the odour remains a mystery.

The new room was clean and everything appeared fine. With all the talk about bed bugs I even checked under the mattress to the amusement of my family but what the hell, thats me! Everything was fine by the way. The air conditioning / heater was noisy at night for sleeping but it appears that I was the only one to notice. The unit was not broken but the blowers on these older units tend to be on the noisy side.

BREAKFAST 6:00 -10:30
My wife and I took advantage of the breakfast the following morning. Now, keep in mind that this hotel does NOT have a dining room but it is more of a terrace with metal chairs and tables used strickly for breakfast. There are no metal knives, forks or spoons, there are no china plates or cups or glasses. Paper plates, plastic knives and forks and spoons and Styrofoam coffee cups are the mainstream here. Also, this is not a sit down breakfast but a help yourself breakfast. The reason I point this out is because picky people ( like my wife ) might be disappointed by this lack of immenities. This is not a big issue as the important thing is the included breakfast itself. First there was lots of coffee and tea, plus cranberry and orange juice. Cereals, muffins and pastries. Egg consisted of something similar to an egg mcmuffin. Tasted fine to me. Waffles, and fruit including bananas, apples, oranges. The staff was always clearing the tables and replenishing the food. Also keep in mind that if the hotel is busy you might want to get downstairs early due to crowds. It was a bit crowded at 9:30 with breakfast ending at 10:30. Otherwise there are restaurants just down the street if you prefer.

Check out was at 3:00pm but we were told that we could leave our car in their lot for the day to check out the falls etc. Make sure that you leave the parking ticket in your car window.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank sunprobe1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,626)

Reviewed 5 August 2009

Located very close to the Rainbow bridge & far enough from the noise of the Clinton Hill action. There is a pool in the indoor lobby/courtyard that I initially thought might be a bummer due to noise and the smell of chlorine. But the room was very quiet even with kids frolicking outside our window. The pool closed at 10pm - plenty early for all and the chlorine smell stayed in the courtyard - it didn't come into the hallway or our room at all.

I really liked that the room had both firm and soft pillows on the bed. I didn't even need to bring my firm pillow in from the car. The room was comfortable and clean and fine for staying the night. I'd want more space if I were staying more than 2 days. The complimentary breakfast had some good choices. Often the free breakfasts given at hotels are all sugary carbs, but I was pleased that there were eggs and sausages and yogurt so that we had some protein to fill us up along with some buttery croissants. There was coffee and tea set out in the lobby all day - and tea drinkers take note: the hot water was at the correct temperature for making a cup of tea.

We also took advantage of the $40 gift card offer given to us when we checked in and had a lovely dinner at the Crowne Plaza rainbow room looking out over both falls. In the morning, the hotel staff graciously allowed us and our friends to leave our cars in the lot for several hours after check out with no additional charge.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LDtravelgal
Reviewed 4 August 2009

Excellent service, very comfortable hotel, friendly staff. Usual high "Hampton Inn" standard of buffet breakfast included.
Location is everything, easy walk to the Falls and Clifton Hill.
If you need a fridge ask for one at check-in

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve123Ontario
Reviewed 1 August 2009

Stayed at the Hampton Inn At the falls for 4 nights, from July 26-29 with my husband and 12 year old daughter. Location is great, walking distance to the falls ( 10 min). Close to Clifton Hill and restaurants. Conviniently located across the street from Fallsview indoor waterpark, just cross the street and walk through the casino parking lot and use elevators up the waterpark. The room was clean and comfortable, limited TV channels. The bed was great.!!. Stayed on the 5th floor facing falls and skywheel. The only negative thing was the poor soundproofing, could hear everything that was going on in the hallway and the room next door. Also can hear street noise..bus and roudy crowds at time. Breakfast which was included was good with hot and cold selection. Pool is awkwardly located in the lobby,did not use the pool as it is very small and always crowded with children. It was nice to get wireless internet access and parking for free. Would stay here again and recommend it for families

2  Thank pinaespodiana
Reviewed 27 July 2009

Everyone was more than willing to help...at the desk for a taxi, check out, etc. a very safe place to stay...good walking distance to Clifton Hill but I was unable to walk so we took a taxi everywhere...called from front desk....good breakfast and served a little later for those of us on holidays who don't get up at the crack of dawn....clean...great experience and not a bad price either.....

2  Thank DollyMilverton_ON
Reviewed 22 July 2009

Our stay at the Hampton Inn, Niagara Falls was most enjoyable. The service was perfect and the hotel, including the room and pool area, was very clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfasts were an amazing bonus, and the food was delicious. Our first stay at the Hampton Inn was a great one. We will be back!!! Our rating is a 10 out of 10.

1  Thank EarthAngels30
Reviewed 22 July 2009

- Excellent staff ( staff helped us to check inn early(11 am) explained every thing for first time visitor)
- room has no microwave or fridge, but the beds were comfortable VERY clean bed sheets
- A/C is noisy but I could sleep
- Breakfast is OK ( no waffles!), but staff is very very helpful and friendly
- DoNT eat in indian restaurant GURU 2 blocks away
- water park is 2 mins walks ( summer time) , winter not sure
- free parking a big plus (while next door garage folks charge 8 hrs $15 on week ends)
- no in room safe/locker but my laptop was safe and we felt comfortable to leave our stuff unlocked
- clifton hill and arcade is 1-2 blocks away
- tiny swim and spa with whrirl pool and sauna!
WILL COME BACK TO SPEND MORE TIME AGAIN