“Room with a view, Excellent”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #28 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“Room with a view, Excellent”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our Anniversary. The rooms were comfortable and clean. The view of the Horseshoe Falls was extraordinary. I hade called ahead, early in the morning before check in, to make sure we can get a room with an actual view.

I had heard about some people that paid the extra money for a falls view, and could not see them because of buildings or trees. Unless you are on floor 16 - 18 you most likely will not have a great view. If you can get one of these floors it is worth the extra money, we never got tired of the view. We were on the 18th floor.

Hotel staff was very courteous and helpful.

They do have pool and a hot tub. Lots of children, but it is a family destination.

The best value for your dollar for breakfast and dinner is going over to the Casino Buffet. You can get there without going outside. Otherwise, even the IHOP at the hotel was fairly expensive.

We recommend this hotel completely. One of our best vacations.........ever.

Room Tip: If you want a falls view, call ahead of time to request a room on the 16th - 18th floor. Worth a me...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Dave T,

Happy belated anniversary! I am so happy to hear that you and your wife had an outstanding time at our hotel. Thank you for giving our Fallsview rooms a chance after reading some negative reviews online – the view is definitely a subjective matter.

Please think of us again the next time your travels include Niagara Falls – maybe for next year’s anniversary!

Kind Regards,
Dana Albano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (763)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We had a luxurious, modern room at this hotel - no tub but an ample shower, many modern touches, large and comfortable King-size bed. We were very happy to use the indoor walkway to get to Fallsview Casino, as it was a particularly wet summer evening. We were not so happy with the high fee for overnight parking in an unattended, outdoor lot. We were also shocked at bedtime to find that we had no heavy curtain, only sheers. Needless to say, we were fairly grumpy the next morning when the sun shone directly into the room far too early. Enjoyed the iHop coupon for breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DelightfulDuo
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear DelightfulDuo,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. While I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and the amenities that we have to offer – like an enclosed walkway over to the casino, I am sorry to hear about your night’s sleep. Every guest room is equipped with black out blinds to keep the pesky sun out in the morning. The blackout blinds are thick and are located behind the shears up top. Please never hesitate to contact the front desk if you feel like you are missing something.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Brantford
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Well lets start with check in. We check in an hour early and our room was ready which was a relief. Julie checking us in she was great. She was polite and explained everything the hotel had to offer. The only two big down side of the Four Points Hotel is having to pay for parking and no fridge in the room. The room we got was clean and spacious and had a somewhat view of the falls. The bed linens were clean and the bed itself was a dream to sleep on. Love that they have a soft pillow top Mattress, what a treat. The walkway to the casino was nice to have. Three resturants and a Starbucks all inside the hotel. We only used the Starbucks and it was nice to have around. Almost forgot, I wish the TV was bigger, but that's because I love to watch TV a little to much. All staff of the hotel were Courteous and kind. Would book another trip to the Four Points Hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Dear 594PeterA,

Thank you so much for all of your kind words, we truly appreciate it. I will be sure to pass on your remarks to Julie at the front desk. She will be happy to hear that someone took the time to write positive feedback regarding her service.

Please come back and visit our hotel soon.

Have a great weekend!

Ohio
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Check in was ok, the clerk was very helpful. I thought the price was a bit much, but we decided to splurg. I would have expected the parking to be included. The food coupons were a nice touch, but I think we spent more because we had them.

Room was great, view of falls was good (casino and parking lot were the main thing we saw). They gave us late check out till 1:00 pm with no charge - that was much appreciated!

Dear KeKeGram,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I am pleased to see that you had a quick and easy check-in. Is it a nice touch when the front desk can offer you a late check-out, so you don’t have to rush around the next morning!
I apologize, we do not offer parking with any of our packages or room rates – this is something to consider though. Thank you for your review.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Chicopee, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My family and I stood at this hotel in June 2013. I read wonderful things about this hotel so I my expectations were very high, especially coming from Sheraton. However, when I got to the check in, I waited in line for about 20 minutes. The staff was very nice but later informed us that parking was $25.00 a day. I was disappointed about that. The hotel has 3 different elevators, A, B or C. We were on the C level. This building has no view of the falls and is supposedly "the new and updated section". I was disappointed when I arrived to the room. The room smelled moldy, the carpet had many stains, there was a lamp not working, and I found hair in the toilet, sink and bed. The dispensers in the showers were not filled either and our TV die in the middle of watching a show. I went to the front desk to complaint and the staff was very nice and polite. She asked if I wanted to be transfer to another room but it could take some time and assure me that the new room would be smaller. I was already upset so I asked for my room to be clean. When I arrived from dinner, the hair was still in the bed, the dispensers were still empty but they fix the light bulb. I did however, had a message from the front desk asking if everything was taken care of. I didn't return their phone call because it was late and I was tired. I decided to stay in the room and try to enjoy the my mini vacation. The location of the Hotel is good. But, I will not be staying here the next time. I think that the housekeeping supervisor should inspect every room before check in. I did appreciate the front staff help, they tried their best.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shey413
Dear None413,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your stay with us. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you went through at our hotel. Checking into a dirty room can leave a negative lasting impression that overshadows the rest of any trip. Please be assured that your comments have been passed onto the Housekeeping department to prevent similar occurrences from happening in the future.

I am very pleased to learn that our front desk maintained a high quality of customer service that we strive for daily. I wish they would have been able to correct all your issues.

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Great location for walking to the falls. Tons of restaurants right in hotel including Ruth Chris & Starbucks. You don't even have to leave the hotel to go the Casino. As a matter of fact, you should park at the Casino and do a lil gambling and your parking will be free. Make sure you book the room with the hot tub. Well worth the extra money after a full day of walking.

Room Tip: Get the room with the hot tub!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Check in was okay, choose this hotel instead of the Embassy Suites by Hilton just across the street. Parking was the usual rip off for the valey $$25.00 but, if you want your car close by you make the best of it. There were four of us in room and it was small. The bathroom door could not be fully opend when someone was on the toilet. The bathtub/shower was tiny. (clean). Airconditioning in room made and awful amount of noise and hard to sleep. The beds were great they were puffy. Double pillows for each bed (2 queens in room) suffiecient. No bar fridge and much less room than in the suite previously mentioned. Had variety of restaurants, I hop, ruth chris, starbucks, east side marios. Conected by tunnel to the falllsview casino and plaza complex (bonus) as well as the fallsview hilton and resort (housing "LA BRASSA" MY FAVOURIGE BRAZILLIAN RESTAURANT) , also Marconni restarant and other coffe shop etc. All in all very clean and okay. But, had to call for towels at pool area. The staff came with towels in about 5-10 minuites from time of call. Probably would not stary with 4 of us in one room. Only, if have a larger room configuration. Embassy suites by hilton provides breakfast and managers reception with 2 drinks (alchoholic for adults)free for each night of stay..Better value for money.

Room Tip: got a river view room paid extra not worth it. Did not make room any bigger.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Dear Adaeva,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is regrettable that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. One of the major purposes on online reviews is to highlight areas for improvement and your feedback provides our hotel with valuable information that we can review to improve on for the future.

I hope you will give our hotel another chance, and please never hesitate to contact the front desk with any room issues you are experiencing.

Kind Regards,