“Beware the restaurant vouchers”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #27 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Toronto, Canada
“Beware the restaurant vouchers”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We've used this hotel a number of times. It used to be the Radisson before it changed to a Sheraton. The renovations have spruced up the appearnance but it's basically the same. Don't let the restaurant vouchers lure you in-the're worthless. Ruth Chris's steakhouse is grossly overpriced for the quality of the food, even with the meal voucher. The breakfast voucher is even worse, we had one look at the menu and then left. The prices were ridiculous.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael_SJ4065FT
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Michael_SJ4065FT,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We have undergone extensive renovations and are continuing to add outlets to enhance our guest’s experience at our hotel.
Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse offers a fine dining experience; their prices reflect the quality of food they are serving. I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. I hope you were able to enjoy East Side Mario’s restaurant in our hotel.

I hope you will consider staying at our hotel in the future, so you will continue to see our growth.

Kind Regards,

Dana Albano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (765)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Having stayed a the majority of hotels in Niagara Falls and a frequent traveler we had decided to stay at the Four Points based on a Jaunt.ca voucher that was purchased then for an additional night booked thru the hotel itself.
Being told we were to receive a King room but receiving a double was just the start to a rather disappointing stay. They were kind enough to credit my parking for the weekend but when you go somewhere for the weekend you do not want to have to coordinate your day around moving to the room you're supposed to get.

The rooms are newly upgraded but on the cheap. Wallpaper is peeling, the bathroom fixtures are worn and dated, the showers were poor and there is not even enough room to install the curved shower curtain properly so there is room. Furniture was cheap and a bottom of the line 32" phillips TV is telling of the upgrade budget.
(We stayed in both parts of the hotel(12th floor in the old part, 14th in the new)

But it gets better. After the running around(I'd estimate 3 hours in arranging and moving) we got to our new room with a king bed. Upon sitting on the bed (i'm not heavy) the thing almost tipped over. The support under the two twin box springs was short by about 3" so the mattress was barely supported. I got to sleep on that side so it was a nice constant feeling that I was rolling off the bed. It was not just my room as the people we were staying with had the exact same situation. Seems like they just decided to leave it like this.

I do not know what pool is in these photos, but it is certainly not the same as the one in the photos. Similarly old and dated. We had breakfast at Ihop(10$ off from the restaurant coupons) but it might have been one of the most terrible breakfasts i've had. The kicker is that bacon and eggs are $19 dollars.

I was floored when I asked for a late checkout from 12:00pm to 1:00pm so I could go over to the casino and play but was told that it was a 30$ per hour fee. I have never ever in my life experienced this. I can almost guarantee the hotel was at 80% capacity on the saturday night and wasn't about to get better on the Sunday night. But apparently this is how this hotel runs. I was absolutely appalled and for that will not return.

For all of that, I will not return here. It would be well worth the additional money to stay at the Hilton if you're not willing to take a shuttle. But otherwise there is far better choices to be made.

Room Tip: Anywhere but here
2 Thank Ed G
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Ed G,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am sincerely sorry that you did not enjoy your time at our hotel. I am very sorry that you did not receive your requested room type, and I am happy to see that front desk tried to make up for the error. I plan to share your comments with the front desk manager in hopes to eliminate any future similar situations.
We have updated all the rooms in our hotel, floors 2-10(north tower) rooms are the brand new addition that was added to our hotel. I am disappointed to learn that you did not like the feel of the rooms. All the pictures on the website are actual pictures taken from a professional photographer of our hotel, the pool pictures are of our pool on the 3rd floor, which is also a new addition.
Thank you again for your feedback and our apologies again for any inconvenience and upset you have experienced from the time with us.

Kind Regards,
Innisfil, Canada
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We stayed on Nov 8th 2013 for my husbands 50th birthday. Very Nice Hotel. Front Desk Clerk was very friendly and accomendating. Rooms were a Nice size and Clean. King Bed very comfortable. Loved the idea of shower dispensers instead of those little bottles. There were plenty of Towels available and even offered a FREE bottle of water in the room. The walk way to the Casino was an added bonus. No need to take our coats and boots with us. The only thing I was not happy with was the IHop. My husband and I have eated at alot of IHops on the states side including Niagara Falls NY. The IHop at the Sherton was was to expensive. Our breakfest for two omletes was $50 and that was with a $10 discount coupon. I would NOT eat there again.

Toronto
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a night away, and were very impressed with the improvements to the hotel (we stayed here about 6 years ago, and our stay then was okay, but by no means impressive). They have done a great job with the renovations, and the staff was all very friendly and helpful.

Things started on a positive note with a very polite and efficient clerk at the check-in desk (I *think* her name was Cheryl). Note: they now have 2 options for parking: $25 for valet, and $15 for a lot about 2-min walk away; we appreciated the options, because the last time we stayed here, there was no option - just the $25 parking.

Because we checked in around 2pm, we must have had a good selection of rooms, because she told us we were in especially nice rooms (a little bigger than standard, I guess). When we got to our room, we saw that the reason it was also considered nice is because the view was amazing. We had booked a package deal through Sheraton, and it included a "cityview" room. Thus, we were not expecting a lot. Our view was awesome -- looking directly into the nice entrance of the Fallsview Casino (nice fountains, lights at night; we could see the ferris wheel in the distance) - it really was a terrific view.

The room was very well-appointed, comfortable; we were very impressed. (And it's great that it is connected to Fallsview through a tunnel; very convenient!)

So the only reason we are giving them 4 stars is that, we discovered at 11pm at night (when we were going to bed), that we didn't actually have blackout curtains as an option. We had gauzy curtains and then some heavier ones on the sides that we weren't able to pull to cover the actual windows. (I am a person who likes to sleep in pitch-darkness.)

At that point, we weren't going to complain; other than changing rooms, I don't know what they could have done.

So, other than that little surprise, we had a great time. We would stay there again, but I would bring my sleeping mask!

Room Tip: Try to get there early for check-in, if you can. Check-in was a zoo at 5:15pm on Friday night!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear MSS33,
Thank you for choosing our hotel again! I am so happy that you noticed all of the improvements that we have been making over the years to enhance every guests experience. We are still in the process of expanding our hotel and making every stay a memorable experience for every guest.
I apologize that you were not able locate the blackout blinds in your room, they can be tricky to find. I assure you that we have blackout blinds in every room, they are tucked up high behind the curtains and pull down.
We look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully sooner than 6 yrs. from now!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. Very nice hotel, clean & comfortable room (I want those pillows!). The hotel is in an excellent location. You do have to pay for parking, which is a bummer. The hotel is connected to the casino, which, if that's your thing, is very convenient. Would definitely recommend-- we found a good price for the room and were very happy with our stay!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear lamorena9,
Thank you for thinking about us and posting a review about your stay in the summer, we truly appreciate it. I am happy to hear that we provided a memorable experience! If you are interested in the pillows, you can check out the Starwood website where they are for sale.
I hope you will come visit us this winter!
Regards,
PETERBOROUGH
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Room was great and staff were helpful and friendly. Everything was well kept and up to date. Highly recommend. Location was close to excellent restaurants, casinos and sights and sounds of Niagara Falls. Perfect location. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room on top floor had a great view and super quiet a/c.
Dear BigBear649,
Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with us, it’s always great to hear back from guests when they enjoy their travels.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Warmest Regards,
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel is in a perfect location! You can feel the mist from the Falls as you want out the door! You are connected to the Casino with tons of shops and restaurants, you don't even need to go outside.

We have loved our stay there two years in a row, though the first year a fire alarm went off at around 2am the morning of our departure for about 40 minutes, but it was a small price to pay for a lovely whirlpool room.

The amenities in the room are average for hotels in Canada. I do not like the shampoo, conditioner and soap dispenser in the shower, but that is my personal preference. I do like the sink being in the main room and separate from the shower and toilet. This makes it much easier for two, or more, people to get ready in the morning and at night.

The rooms, are well kept and nice. I enjoy the tiled entry way, which is non slip, that shields the floor from water when you use the tub; which if you want bubbles, you have to bring your own.

Each year we have gotten great packages from them that allowed us to enjoy Niagara Falls with food vouchers, casino vouchers and wine tastings. I would say without these perks we may have been persuaded to stay at another hotel with better views.

Overall good job!