“Fabulous Hotel”

Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Columbus, Ohio
“Fabulous Hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We just returned from a four day stay at Four Points. We had a great time. Centrally located. Very clean and rooms were bigger than typically hotel rooms. We have no complaints and would stay here again! Friendly staff and Friendly Valet Staff. We took advantage of the WeGo Bus system and with stops right outside the hotel entrance made it very convenient.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear jvanal,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive comments with us and other trip advisor members. We are very proud of the service and accommodations that we provide to our guests. It is great for the staff to hear that our guests appreciate all of their hard work.
Dana Albano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (790)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Syracuse, New York, USA
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We bought a discounted room for 2 nights on Expedia for $85 for a King Bed with a city View.
The hotel was hard to find. It’s crammed next to the Hilton and does not have a front entrance drive up check in area.The Parking entrance is around the back of the building.

Check In
Check in was smooth and easy – but a few things:

We luckily found a parking space in the “Self Park” lot but it was still $25 a day to park there. Really? This isn’t NYC people.
The lot across the street was Valet and only $15 – no thanks – I’d rather have access to my car.

There were a ton of kids around which is fine – it’s Niagara Falls in summer but they keep buckets of candy at the front desk in front of each check in clerk and a horde of kids came running and screaming into the lobby, shoved their way up to the front desk and loaded their pockets full of candy while yelling and being obnoxious. I understand Niagara Falls is a Family Friendly place, but to have candy right in your face at check in with screaming kids – I’d move the candy elsewhere.

Lastly, after we got all the information for our room, she asked if we wanted to help them be “green” and since we were only staying 2 nights, She thought it was a good idea we choose to forgo having new towels, toiletries AND having our room made up (so not even a bed making) for a $5 Starbucks gift card. Um – no thanks. I thought that was kind of a cheesy offer but that could just be me. It also made me think they were understaffed and were using this as a tactic to lighten the work load for the house keeping staff - which immediately made me wonder about the cleanliness of my room I was about to be checked into.

The Room
We were on the 9th floor in room 911. It was a “city View” which is basically of a parking lot but that’s mostly to be expected when they say City View. I think that’s a nice way for hotels to say “no View” or “Crummy View”.

The room was the first one from the elevator so I was worried about noise at night and there was noise but not from the elevator. The “City View” had lots of construction vehicles working and honking at 7 AM which was annoying. I also could hear a baby crying every morning like she was in our bathroom so no clue where that was coming from.

The room itself was strangely laid out but very clean which is the most important thing to me.

Things to be picky about – I loved the pump dispensers they have in the shower – genius idea!
I did NOT like the plastic soap dish, plastic cups or plastic tissue holder. Just came off very cheap when the room and hotel seemed more decent than that.

The air worked fine for us. Next time I would have brought in our box fan to drown out the noise from the street/other rooms.

Free WiFi which is good – we used it and it worked fine.

There was a connecting corridor to the casino which was great but if you are a single lady – don’t walk it alone at night – it goes underground and along the parking garage – if I wasn’t with my husband I would have been running through there.

Overall Feeling:
I would stay there again most likely but only if the Hilton was too expensive. We are Hilton Gold Members and decided to try the Sheraton this time because the Hilton was $130. But after the $85 Expedia price, the $25 per day parking and taxes and fees – it would have been the same price as staying at the Hilton and we would have gotten points for staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very nice rooms, clean, best location on Niagara Falls.
Friendly staff, the only advice would be avoid the iHop inside the hotel, it's crazy expensive, almost $100 CAD for breakfast???
We got a $25 dollar coupon for the Casino and won $75 so dinner was for free!!

Recommended!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Enrique C,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to post such a wonderful review! It’s great to hear back from our guests who enjoy themselves during their travels.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future!
London, Ontario
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Newly renovated and situated in the best location. The Friendly and welcoming staff only make it better! Restaurants in the hotel offer great dining optoons , dining vouchers available through the hotel or groupon etc.

• Stayed June 2014
Milford, Delaware
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Beautiful hotel with very comfortable beds. Close proximity to the falls and lots of restaurants within walking distance. Even though we had a city view room, we could still partially see the falls from our room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amber04c
Fourpointsmanager858, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear amber04c,
Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel and thank you for the wonderful review!
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had a great room very clean WIFI provided, parking cheaper than some of the hotels in this area, friendly staff environment lively you will feel right at home, walking distance to everything. I will definitely go back

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ohhellyes
Dear ohhellyes,
I am happy to hear that our hotel exceeded your expectations so much that you would return to our hotel. Thank you for sharing positive aspects of your trip with other Trip Advisor members.
I look forward to your return.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Upon checking in you will receive discount coupons to their in-house restaurants which are very over priced, Ruth's Chris doubles price of same meal in States, IHOP much higher than other locations. So I will tell you how to save, and share my experience. Normal rates for rooms are
high but shopping around I bought a package which included wine tours (never got to use them)
WEGO pass, front desk left out of my envelope so I had to go back and convince another employee that I was entitled to it, thank goodness I brought all my online receipts. Valet parking or self parking is very expensive, and hotel will not tell you about cheaper options. I parked behind hotel in casino parking for $5 for entire 3 day stay. My advice is get familiar with WEGO bus schedule and use it for on/off transportation to all attractions. Take it to Lundy Lane for good inexpensive restaurants where locals eat. Flying Saucer has great cheap food. This hotel is within walking distance to Falls. Rooms are clean and nicely appointed. Male Concierge was condescending and rude, totally unhelpful When we asked for help he just pointed at a sign and went back to his computer. We went downstairs to desk where bus stops and found a nice young man who explained how to read color chart, etc. Rooms with a view run more and not worth the difference, considering the falls view is not very good from their location. If you find a good rate on a room and go off premises to park and eat, it is a good place to stay when visiting Niagara Falls.

Room Tip: Rooms on 15th floor have falls view.