“Nice hotel with good location”

Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview
Ranked #29 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
North Ridgeville, Ohio
“Nice hotel with good location”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel and room was nice. Like others have said, it is a little confusing with all the hallways and "banks" of elevators but after a day you get to know where you need to go. I love that there is a Starbucks here! It is connected to the Fallsview casino but we still have about a 5 minute walk between walking through the hotel to the walkway and then the walkway itself is a little lengthy (with stairs). I loved the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel dispensers in the shower! It was nice to not have to worry about running out.

We had an issue with guests across the hall partying all hours of the night in the hallway but after we called security, they advised the guests to "take it in their room". All was fine until some came back drunk around 2am and woke us up! This isn't the hotels fault and they did end up comping our parking. Our room was near the elevator so you have noise from guests who don't realize there are people in their rooms trying to sleep.

The hotel and staff were very nice and friendly at all times.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevators.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Patchez89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (780)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
UK
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed for two nights with our family of two adults and 3 older teenagers. We paid for a large room with a falls view. The room was great. We had a corner room with windows on both sides and it was very spacious. But despite having clearly booked for a party of 5 we had to request a rollaway bed. The room was advertised as a falls view. We were fairly high (14 I think) and it could not be denied that we could see the river and the spray above the falls but it is in the middle distance over the top of a very unattractive concrete car park. Hotel facilities were as you would expect for a 4* hotel. There didn't seem to be a hotel restaurant as such. There were several restaurant concessions which were all fairly pricey - but I guess it is Niagara Falls!

Room Tip: You need to be high - 14 or above to get any sort of decent view of the falls. The corner rooms are...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
fourptsmgr, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear dunpaddlin,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize that we did not have a cot in your room, you prior to you entering the room.
I am disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy one of our three restaurants, we have Ruth’s Chris, East Side Mario’s and the IHOP all on property. I am positive that you have had great service and a great meal!
Please think of us the next time you are in the area.
Kind Regards,
Maple Grove, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

View is extremely important to me and therefore I want to pay extra to have good view of the Niagara Falls. We are given room 1702, 2nd floor from the highest (18th floor). Turns out that it's more like a river view than falls view. As seen in my pictures, 17th & even 18th floor (I went up to check it out to compare) are still not high enough as the trees block most of the view. The Casino hotel also blocks most of the view of America's Fall, and blocks about 3/4 of the view of the firework as well.

In our case, we are lucky that they gave us a corner room and it's one of the most spacious one we've stayed. The windows are huge to give us panoramic view of the surroundings. So I can't really say our experience is bad.

If you truly care more for the falls view as much as I do, next time I would have chosen Embassy Suites or the Marriott. The Casino hotel is probably good too but our kids hate to stay at a casino. I heard Hilton is great but from its location I would imagine that most of its room would also have views blocked by the Casino hotel.

Wireless internet speed is pretty bad, just ~0.2 Mbps. You can only use it more effectively in morning or day time when fewer guests are there. I have to say that I'm very disappointed that these higher star rated hotels turn out have worse internet infrastructure. The Holiday Inn Schaumburg, IL we stayed at on this trip has 2 Mbps and the Holiday Inn at Markham, Ontario has >4 Mbps.

Self parking is across the street at open lot for $15 + tax/night. My kids said they saw the sign for Valet Parking at the Casino for just $10 (across the other side of the hotel closer to the falls). Go figure.

I saw many terrible reviews of the IHOP breakfast restaurant downstairs (way over-priced for bad quality of food and portion) so beware as well (no wonder we are given coupons when we check in) so we didn't try. It's nice to have a connected skyway to go to the casino shops & restaurant area and they have a Tim Horton's (Canada's fast food, breakfast, donut shop) at the food court downstairs at the end of the walkway through the shops.

Another lesson learnt is that to go to the falls, after going through the casino hotel, taking the path to the right towards Embassy Suites, you are almost "forced" to pay the price to ride the "Incline Elevator" down to the Falls Visitor Center and edge of the Niagara Falls viewing area. So it's either $2.5 one way, or $6 per person all day. We paid all day ride and made it worth as you definitely want to see it daytime and night time with its illumination. There is really no other alternative around that area we could see unless you walk miles around it.

Overall, for the price I paid, I would have picked Embassy Suites or Marriott next time to get much better view of both Falls. The fallsview picture of this hotel is very deceiving. The corner room this time helps compensate for it but I'm sure I won't be as lucky next time.

Room Tip: Top floor 18th would have been best for "fallsview." Lower number means you're closer...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I stayed in the hotel for three days in July.
We had a very good room on the 18th floor with excellent view on the Niagara. The view was fantastic. We could see both the American Falls and the Canadian Falls. The spacious room was clean and comfortable with king-size bed. The staff was very helpful. There were a lot of wonderful places within walking distance: Falls and the Rainbow Bridge, bus station, it is very convenient for tourists. I would recommend the hotel.
Drawbacks: rather expensive...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Evgenius55
Dear EvgenyNikolishin,
Thank you for taking the time to post a wonderful review about your stay. It’s great to hear back from our guests who enjoy themselves during their travels.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Tarrytown, New York
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed one night on our way to Toronto. The room was very nice. It was clean and updated. Didn't have a Falls view, but I wasn't there to look out my window all day. The casino was across the street. Very convenient. It's a short walk to the falls. The reception/lobby and public spaces are a bit eclectic. It seem a few building were joined together. Many floors and elevator banks. Can be confusing. Nice choice of restaurants in the hotel. The bus stop to Toronto is right across the street in the casino. Couldn't get any easier that that.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 2 nights. We specifically selected this hotel because it was my son's birthday and he likes to stay in this hotel. When we arrived there was a big line of people waiting to check in and the lobby was packed. Luckily I was able to use my Starwood Preferred Guest card at a kiosk which made our check in a breeze. When we arrived in our room we were disappointed to see that we had a view of the parking lot. The entire hotel needs to be refreshed as common areas are worn out. The location of the hotel is excellent because you can walk to so many of the attractions in Niagara Falls. The Fallsview Waterpark is attached to the hotel which is very convenient especially in March! We also enjoyed visiting the Hersey store and came away with lots of chocolate treats

Stayed March 2014
fourptsmgr, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Niagara Falls Fallsview, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear LisaHSays,
Thank you for taking the time to review your time in Niagara Falls. I was disappointed when I saw you only gave our hotel a 3 out of 5 star rating. As I was reading on I realized that you were actually at Sheraton on the Falls.
Please consider staying at our property the next time you are in the area. The Fun Zone recently just opened, which is located inside our hotel. The Fun Zone consists of mini putt, lazer tag, mirror maze and a haunted house. Plus two levels of arcade games, its perfect hotel to bring your son.
Regards,
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for two nights and all in all its pretty good. It's probably one of the closest hotels waking distance to the falls. It was clean and comfortable. My only negatives are the parking fee of $15/night and it's connected to the casino so I felt it was confusing distinguishing between the lots and where to park. The lobby is very busy as well bc of the restaurants and tours desk. But when we came back from touring our rooms were clean and towels were restocked without having to ask.

• Stayed August 2014