“Would not stay here again”

Courtyard Niagara Falls
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Calgary, Canada
“Would not stay here again”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Came here and pre paid for our honeymoon King suite with jacuzzi tub one month in advance. When checked in told because we were a late check in, there we had to stay in a room with 2 queen beds and no jacuzzi. Complained about this being unacceptable as this is our honey moon and I prepaid in advance, was upgraded to the 'executive suite' for the night. Was told to pack all my things and they would move my stuff the next day. We packed all our things up and were not moved at all, which was annoying. Also, we paid for parking yet was told to move our car because they were painting the lines in the parking lot. Then after we checked out we were charged for 2 vehicles parking instead of just 1!! When I first called was told the charge was for a damage deposit that would be refunded to me. After a week later and it was still not refunded was told I was charged for 2 vehicles. This is still not resolved, waiting for manager to call me back. I would never stay here again, true it was close to everything but so are a lot of other hotels. Very dissastified. Plus room had a pizza crust behind the door when we opened it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Angela D
Bev N, General Manager at Courtyard Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
We are sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel during your Honeymoon. Your comments have been shared with our Front Office Manager and his associates, as we want to ensure that these types of issues are resolved immediately. If you can kindly give me a call at 905-353-4011 to discuss your stay further.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is a great choice for the perfect Niagara Falls stay. The location is fantastic, within easy walking distance to Clifton Hill, the casinos, and the falls themselves. The free WiFi is definitely a plus. The room was clean and spacious and we had a good view of the river and the surrounding attractions. My only complaint would be that the staff, while generally friendly and helpful, was not overly welcoming. I highly recommend the courtyard. There's no need to pay more and stay at the Marriott Fallsview when the courtyard is a fantastic (and more economical) option.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Jessie W
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel about 5 years ago and decided to make a return visit. Everything was adequate here. I wouldn't say that this was the best Courtyard we've stayed at, but overall I have no major complaints. It was clean, the room was big enough for two adults and two kids. We were on the 10th floor and our room faced the falls, so we enjoyed being able to look out over the features in that direction. We were able to watch the Sunday night fireworks from our room. (You can't actually see the falls from this hotel, but you can see the mist rising up.) The pools were fine, one indoor and one outdoor. The workout room had a decent selection of machines to use, and the workout room overlooks the pool area.

I thought the front desk staff seemed a little harried, and when I asked about the WeGo bus, it was obvious that the clerk dind't want to take time to answer my questions. There's not a separate concierge, and the lady at the tour desk wasn't there, so it seemed to me that the front desk staff should be able to answer questions. Also, the lady that checked us in forgot to give us our parking pass, and we had to go back and ask for that. The maid didn't leave us extra towels or pillows, as requested. These aren't huge issues, but they do keep me from marking the service any higher than average.

The hotel is close to the Clifton Hill area, so you can easily walk to all the attractions. There was a WeGo bus stop right across the street which was great because walking UP the hill is no picnic. It's about a 15-minute walk from the hotel to the falls, depending on the speed of walkers in your group. We had two adults, a teenager, and a six-year-old, and we didn't have any problems walking from the hotel to the falls. If you have older folks or very young children, you might not appreciate the walk so much.

Overall, I thought this hotel was a great deal for the money. It's close to many attractions and restaurants. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher floors give a nice view over the falls, not the falls themselves, but in that direction.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank cool_teacher590
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 5 July 2014

This hotel was close to everything in the area, which was the number one reason we picked it- we walked almost everywhere. It was also very reasonably priced. We asked for the top floor and a jacuzzi room after reading reviews on here, and the room was very spacious and clean. Not many channels on the TV (but who goes on vacation to watch TV, anyway!) They have indoor and outdoor pools, and a hot tub, all of which looked pretty clean and well-maintained. The parking is self-serve, which we preferred so that worked out well. The whole hotel was pretty quiet most of the time despite being busy, which was nice. Everyone was super friendly. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The top floor worked out well for us!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tricia_R1313
Owen Sound, Ontario
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Spent 3 days in Niagara in June and this was the perfect Hotel, close to all the attractions. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a King Suite. Staff was excellent and very helpful. Will come back next year!!!!

Room Tip: Great View of Niagara
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
montreal,quebec
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the niagara courtyard for a few days this July.
As I am a loyal marriott client worldwide, I am accustomed to a certain service from this big chain of hotels:
Its the first time I experianced such a negative approach from the front desk staff:
Check in was very unorganized.
Our room was not even booked yet the girl at the front counter said: do not worry, I
Just blocked a room for you and it is presently dirty...,who says that?
Normally an employee would respond: sorry for the inconvenience yet your room is not ready yet.
-the same evening,I went to buy a soft drink from their market items: the guy from the front desk was annoyed with his task I guess and raised his voice to ask me twice if I would be charging this to my room etc,,,how rude!!!
The same evening we had supper at the keg in the hotel.
-steak was tough and overcooked.
-waitress was pleasant, offered a coupon rebate and implied that front desk should have given it to us 20% off.
After applying it to our bill, she expected a tip on the actual bill without the rebate. She pulled a long face and barely said thank you when we left.
-next morning my wife had developed food poisoning!
-chef of the keg was not able to make even a simple chicken broth that I requested!
-Mary from the concierge was wonderful! Excellent guest service.
-housekeeping was very efficient as well
Overall, I was not impressed of the front desk staff with no smile and gave youthe impression that we were bothering them with our questions.
I had to say to them good morning myself due to them always having their head down on the desk just focusing on other stuff(with no clients to serve).
Hotel is close proximity to all the attractions and very convenient.
I would think twice in staying here again unless I see some improvement in their services.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank diamond04
Bev N, General Manager at Courtyard Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
We appreciate your perspective as a loyal Marriott client. Thank you for taking the time to speak with us about your concerns over the phone. We value your business and hope you'll give our hotel a second chance the next time you are in Niagara Falls.
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

At check-in we were upgraded to a larger room for being a gold member. Room was great and very clean. The facility is in a good location to allow walking to most attractions and if not the bus stop is across the street.
I wouldn't eat in any of the resturants near the hotel, they are very expensive and so-so quality. Read the reviews here for the "better" places.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple