I stayed two nights here with my family on a trip to see Niagara Falls. We were very happy with the hotel.
The location is just north of the touristy downtown area of Niagara Falls on River Road. There is really nothing much else around it as far as tourist attractions or restaurants, but that's what we liked about it. Niagara Falls is so crowded and loud, this hotel was only a few minutes away but it made all the difference. Quiet area, free parking, no crowds.
The hotel overlooks the Niagara River Gorge downstream from the falls. We could see New York from our window and were close enough to the US to still get a reliable US cell phone signal in our room.
Rooms were clean and quiet, despite the hotel being full with a couple tour groups. Staff was helpful and friendly.
The morning breakfast was a mixed bag. The crowds were enormous and that made finding a table either difficult or impossible. The food selection was not the greatest, but not terrible. Standard continental breakfast food, plus make-your-own-waffles and a pot of runny oatmeal. I do have to give a lot of credit to the staff, though. With the large crowds, food was flying off the shelves. The staff stayed up with the demand and were constantly restocking everything. Fruit, yogurt, and donuts seemed to run out fast and within a couple minutes they were bringing out more.
No problems with the room. Everything was clean and worked well. My only small complaint would be a very limited selection of television channels. I think this is the first Canadian hotel I've been to that didn't carry Much Music! No kids channels for the children, either. Also no Fahrenheit option on the digital thermostat, so I had to do some calculations to figure out what to set the temperature to. Again, very small inconvenience.
Overall we enjoyed our stay here. Being close to the falls yet out of the downtown area was outstanding. We would certainly consider staying here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy proximity to one of the world's natural wonders when you stay at our Ramada Niagara Falls by the River. Located on the Niagara Parkway, we are the closest property to the Gale Centre sporting facility, directly across from the Great Gorge Adventure and steps from the WEGO Stop - which offers direct access to The Falls and many local sites. We are just minutes from Casino Niagara, Niagara Hornblower Cruises and Clifton Hill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Niagara Falls by the River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn By Hilton Niagara Falls-North Of The Falls Hotel Niagara Falls
- Hampton Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Hampton Inn