2,806 results
All reviewsbaskin robbinsclifton hillpizza hutbalcony roomheart shaped jacuzzifront desk staffoutdoor poolbeds were comfortablelong weekendper dayparking lotskylon towermini fridgehojodennysfallsattractions
Reviewed 6 May 2008

I booked family and friends to stay at the Howard Johnston Hotel for our wedding. The experience was terrible. The hydro was off and on for hours during the Saturday of their stay, which ment family/friends had to have cold showers and get dressed for our wedding in the dark. But, to top it off, the elevator, which we find out after they have been having problems with, gets stuck between floors with our photographer in it for 45 minutes, which makes her miss the ceremony. To both of these problems we are told, to bad for any type of compensation. All of our guests for the wedding felt they were treated by this hotel with great disrespect, when they are told Howard Johnston is not at fault for what occurred. What type of hotel doesn't fix or replace an elevator known to frequently brake down!!
Also, you get charged $8.00/day to park your car on their hotel lot, and the meal vouchers you receive with a package stay do not come anywhere near covering the cost of your meals. I would definately not recommmend or stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank knurse98
HJ Manager, Hotel Manager at Howard Johnson Hotel by Wyndham by the Falls Niagara Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2008

Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns regarding your recent stay. I am sorry that your day was spoiled by the events of the day. It is true that the power did go out between 1pm and 3pm and did affect our systems, as it did with numerous other properties in the area that are on the same power grid. With the electronic systems offline it did affect operations for the water, elevator and lighting systems. The elevator did shut down due to an overloading of the car as noted by the technician called to reset the elevator, we did get everyone out safely. It is unfortunate that your photographer was amongst the individuals in the elevator car. I am sorry that you feel you have been disrespected, certainly that was not our intent. You are correct that some things are within our control and some are not, and these events were not. We did take the time to try and discuss the issues with you when you were here, unfortunately you were upset at the time regarding the events. Once again I extend my apologies that you felt you were inconvenienced on your special day.

Reviewed 24 March 2008

We stayed at the HoJo during Easter weekend; we chose a package that included a show (Greg Frewin Package) and we selected a Heart Shaped Whirlpool Suite, as other people have mentioned in the reviews the decoration is a little outdated but very clean. With this package you save about $50, as it includes vouchers to use for dinner($45) and breakfast($25). Watch for this because even though it seems like a reasonable price for meal for 2, everything is expensive at these restaurants and you always end up paying around 20 to 30 bucks extra from your pocket (including taxes and tip).

The jacuzzi suite is not cheap but compare with other hotels that offer the same, this one was the cheapest one, it was great and we really enjoyed it. Location is excellent too, there is a shuttle bus that stops in front of the hotel that can take you to the casinos and the falls if you don’t want to walk (specially if its cold outside). You have to pay for parking ($8 per day) and even though I didn’t like this, I found out later that most of the hotels in the area charge for it, we recommend that you don’t move you car unless is necessary because you have to pay for parking anywhere else you go in the area, even some restaurants. The parking lot was full and we got one of the last parking spots available when we came, I don’t know if there were people without a place to park and what they do in this case, but fortunately we didn’t have that problem.

We saw a lot of families with kids in the hotel and very young people too however we didn’t have any problems with noise or other issues.

They have an indoor pool, even a mini gym…internet service is available and free…and they have wireless internet available to use in the rooms from your laptop, I really didn’t use it, but just tested it from my laptop and even though the signal was weak I was able to connect.

Overall a good experience and we recomend it.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freedom809837
Reviewed 11 March 2008

I've done a lot of traveling with my family over the years, but the HoJo in Niagara was the first hotel that I stayed at a trip with friends. For a couple of 20 year old Americans looking to enjoy the Canadian life at a good price, this was an excellent place. We went up for spring break and including ten bucks we got off because I have AAA, it cost only $70. I was a little worried it wouldn't be a nice place, considering others in the area were 30-40 dollars more a night. However, it was perfectly fine.

We stayed in a standard two queen room, which was semi-dated, but clean. The beds were a little firm, but fine. The floor and walls were pretty clean, but you could tell they weren't that new (retro designs). The TV had only a few channels, but it got all the things i needed- US basic channels (CBS, etc), Canadian basic ones (CBC, etc), the Weather Network, and TSN (my Penguins were on that day!). The bathroom was very clean, although the shower might have felt small if I was a taller person. The room was totally worth the price though.

The hotel itself is very friendly to both families with children and young singles. When we were there we saw a lot of little kids running a muck (a youth hockey team was also there), and on our floor we saw many people in the 19-24 years old range. So this isn't a hotel to stay in if looking for peace and quiet. Also, be prepared to see people leaving out their beer containers for the maids to pick up. However, despite the fact that some people I met in the hall said they were having a party, I never heard any trouble.

The hotel is on Victoria Ave, a slight walk but not that far from both The Hill and the casinos. And (good for us) it was 3 blocks from the LCBO (liquor store). Parking is 8 bucks a night, which is a pain, but it comparable to other hotels that charge. We just left the car there and walked though, instead of wasting money at lots by the casinos. Good experience overall!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank GoPensGo
Reviewed 23 February 2008

The rooms were decent and clean. The bed wost soft and cofy. It was very nice and had about 3 stars.The pool was amazing and there was an inside and outside one and they were connected. There was a really cool side.

• Stayed: August 2004, travelled with family
1  Thank xemyyxstarx
Reviewed 24 January 2008

This was the 3rd time that we have stayed at this Hotel.... Our 1st visit was back in 2002 we spent a week here for our Honeymoon... We went back in 2004 and again this October...
This trip was a great experience for us as a family... Over the last 5 years we have grown into a family of 4.... While staying at the Hotel my 4 year old daughter was playing on the waterslide, On her last trip up she lost her footing and fell all the way down to the bottom and hit her head on the cement.... The staff was amazing the provided first aid treatment guided us to the hospital and truly took care of us.... The hotel staff in a amazing team, even after our vaction and we were back at home the called 2 to check up on our daughter... I am so thankful for them and I will be back again....

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family