This was my 5th trip to NF, Each stay was at a different hotel. While I really enjoyed the time I spent in a Falls-view room with a separate family and dining area but spending 400 hundred US a night isn't really practical.
Anyway, the Howard Johnson's location without a falls-view is excellent. You are right in the heart of clifton hill and right on victoria lane in which turns into lundy's lane.
The hotel is old and dated but very clean and safe. I got the casino, bus and breakfast package with 2 a-joining rooms.
The package gave 4 of us each of 25 dollars in casino credits, 25 dollars off for 3 days at denny's and 48 hours free bus transportation.
To save money, we only ordered carry out at denny's to avoid paying 6 to 10 dollars in drinks. Every restaurant in the falls tourist area charges 6 to 10 dollars for coffee or cola with the famous tourist tax.
Another money saver is to drive up victoria lane which turns into lundy's lane and you can shop at fast food places, restaurants or convenient stores that don't charge a tourist tax. A 5 to 10 minute drive. They even have a dollor rama store to buy cups, or other assorted stuff cheap.
Back to the hotel, the front staff are polite with the exception of the manager. He seemed clueless and when he gave me a bus schedule that had expired, it confirmed my suspicions that he wasn't very bright.
With the exception of the manager, i highly recommend this hotel , especially when you have to treat your in-laws to a week vacation at the falls.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just one short block to the Top 10 best Clifton Hill Attractions and the mighty water Falls itself and just steps away from the Great Canadian Midway. The Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls is superbly located in the center of the Niagara Falls/Clifton Hill tourist district offering you an incredible selection of restaurants and shopping adventures. The Niagara Falls Howard Johnson Hotel By The Falls is a 3 Key-Green Certified family-oriented full-service hotel that offers you wonderful Niagara Falls Hotel Accommodations consisting of 198 newly renovated spacious guest rooms including Family Suites, Whirlpool Guest Rooms and Traditional 2-Queen Bedded Guest Rooms, as well as our Balcony Rooms overlooking all the action below along the Clifton Hill District. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Howard Johnson