“One To Avoid!”

Ranked #95 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mississauga, Canada
“One To Avoid!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

You don't expect a prostitution ring to be run out of a Howard Johnson - but that's what was going on the night I was there. Let's just say that I heard some talk down the way from my room and started watching to see if what I thought I had heard was true. There were three girls (a blonde and two brunettes) going in and out of the same room all day and well into the night. The rooms were on the east side of the hotel, right against the Indian restaurant. And there was a series of men in and out to meet them when they were there. At one point I actually followed the blonde girl into the lobby and watched her pay for the rooms with a wad of cash. This is supposed to be a family hotel. There are lots of sleazy hotels on Lundys Lane that I could see this happening at, but not a Howard Johnson, which I thought was a bit classier than that. That aside, the room was cold, the heat seemed to be barely functioning, the carpeting was dirty and the TV barely worked. I was in and out over the course of three days for business, so had a chance to watch a lot of this going on, Yeah - maybe I'm nosy - but if you have a family you might want to avoid this place like the plague!

Room Tip: If the prostitution ring always uses the same rooms and you choose to stay there anyway avoid the ro...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London
Reviewed 12 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for his birthday and had the best time ever!!!
I was kinda leery at first because of some of the reviews I read but then I realized that people are pretty and will complain about anything.
We had a king size bed and heart shaped Jacuzzi for a fraction of the price plus free parking. The room was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly.
Aside from the furniture being a little out dated there wad nothing wrong with this hotel at all.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Waverly, New York
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Upon arrival, my husband and I were given keys to our room. The lobby clerk was very professional and friendly. However, when we got to our room, there was a do not disturb sign on our door. I was a little worried at first; "Is this our room?", "Was there a mistake?". Sure enough, we opened the door and it hadn't been cleaned. Thank goodness it was vacant. (We found out later, they have no room cleaning system besides verbally letting the maid know) We were given a new room, but that wasn't much better. Burn hole in the blanket, room smelled of cigarettes, hot tub did not work, hair in the towels, and we were clueless about the heat (we did figure it out after spending a very cold night with only a thin blanket since the other had a burn hole in it) To top it off, we had very little sleep. The walls must be paper thin, a neighbor was either fighting or having adult relations, we heard everything unfortuantly.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a working tub.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda S
Travellers also viewed these Niagara Falls hotels
Super 8 Niagara Falls North
Super 8 Niagara Falls North
#52 of 129 in Niagara Falls
Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane
Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys ...
#90 of 129 in Niagara Falls
#75 of 129 in Niagara Falls
Canadas Best Value Inn
Canadas Best Value Inn
#62 of 129 in Niagara Falls

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn - Niagara Falls? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express Inn - Niagara Falls

Property: Howard Johnson Express Inn - Niagara Falls
Address: 8100 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2H 1H1, Canada
Region: Canada > Ontario > Niagara Falls
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool
Ranked #95 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Express Inn - Niagara Falls 2*
Guests can enjoy comfortable guestrooms and convenient amenities such as an outdoor pool and free wireless internet at great low rates. We are just a short drive from a variety of attractions at the Howard Johnson Express Inn in Niagara Falls, Ontario. This motel is just minutes from Niagara Falls, Canada One Outlet Mall, Casino Niagara, Maid of the Mist boat tours as well as some of the area's best golf courses. Guests at the Howard Johnson will also enjoy a free continental breakfast every morning. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Inn - Niagara Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Niagara Falls Hotel Niagara Falls