“A Days that didn't suck? Wow!!”

Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane
Ranked #87 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 14 July 2011

Now let me get this out of the way... I usually would rather gnaw my own leg off than stay in ANY Days Inn. They usually suck, and suck hard. This one, however... what the heck?!?

First off, the rate I got was amazing... since I was staying two weeknights, it was $100 for both. Yes, $50/night... amazing in NF, Ont. Next, this Days Inn had a "recent" remodel, around 2008 AFAIK, and it's still in pretty good shape. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Getting to the falls and all the hoopla around it was easy... turn right onto Lundy's Lane and keep going, and you're in the middle of it in no time. Even nicer... done for the evening and want to get away from all the hoohah of the falls? You're far enough away for peace and quiet, and no heavy traffic. (Foot or cars)

Yes, I'm a Days hater, but honest... this was one of the very rare decent ones. Don't worry about the other ranting reviews, I'm being totally honest. Give it a try.

Oh, one thing.... don't expect ice. The ice maker sucks. They seem to think "it just takes a while", but c'mon guys... it's b-r-o-k-e-n. Call the service people, or replace it.

The restaurant next door was decent too for breakfast. (No free breakfast at hotel.)

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 July 2011

this hotel is extremely desgusting. really really dirty, smells bad, carpets are in terrible condition, lobby is horrible, rooms terrible no cable tv just like 3 channels, i travel a lot and this is by far the dirtiest hotel i ever seen. not worth it at any price. OO THE FOOD AT THE RESTAURANT WAS OK.. NOT VERY EFFICIENT BUT NOT THE WORST... still had such a terrible experience that couldnt enjoy the food just thinking about the hotel

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Dayslundys, General Manager at Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2011

I apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We have addressed the carpet issues and those carpets are getting changed/cleaned within this week. Our maintenace supervisor has addressed the TV issue in that room as we have more channels in our TV program. Again,I apologise for the inconvenience during your stay and hope you will give us another oppurtunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 25 June 2011

I booked a secret selection hotel from Hotwire.ca that placed me at the Days Inn on Lundy's Lane. I was planning a nice getaway of wine tasting, dancing, shopping and a romantic night with my boyfriend.

I was not impressed by the hotel from the moment I entered the front doors. The carpets were badly stained throughout the hotel which set the level of expectations of the room low. I was not disappointed by my expectations: no remote control for the tv that only received two channels; no face cloths, conditioner or lotion; no iron or coffee pot, but funny enough there was a few packages of instant coffee; the ice machine dispensed no ice and when I called front desk for a remote and face cloths, it took until morning to find them outside our door. This hotel stay was an embarassing representation of Days Inn. I spent half the night in tears - this was suppose to be a treat for us.

Sadly I could not cancel or change my reservation without losing the entire amount charged to my credit card. On a positive note, the check-in clerk was very helpful in directing us to the lounge of a nearby hotel for dancing.

Room Tip: Do not use Hotwire's secret location booking
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Day2day2011

Dear guest, I apologise that your experience at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and your comments and issues were addressed to the appropriate departments. We, since then have made arrangements to clean our carpet areas and fixed the TV in your particular room. Our housekeeping and maintenance departments have addressed your issues and we are looking into ways to make sure these do not occur again. Again, I apologise for the inconvenience during your stay and hope that you will give us another oppurtunity to serve you better.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

The service is incredible and very professional. The rooms are clean, updated and the price is right. The staff are accomodating and friendly! Awesome!

Tina Holland

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 April 2011

We arrive around 9:00 pm. Check in was fast and easy. The room was clean. The pool and hot tube was also good. The staff was friendly and helpful!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank lisagSt_Anne_IL
Reviewed 10 April 2011

This hotel is inexpensive to stay at... keep in mind that you get what you pay for. In our case... while the hotel denies it; we're certain that we got bed bug bites from the Days Inn on Lundy's Lane.

There is a reason that they are 64% NOT Recommended on Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank turbopower
Dayslundys, General Manager at Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2011

Dear Guest

We apologise for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Amongst our other houskeeping standards which are only focussed on providing cleanest accomodations and improving our quality standards , we are very diligent to follow our standards and training on bed bug survelliance, control and prevention. Our rooms were recently-completely renovated with brand new bedding,furniture and all other amenities. We appreciate the myriad of choices and alternatives our guests have to choose from, and therefore set the bar high for ourselves, to provide the highest quality services and products we possibly can where by our guests and employees refer to our hotel as their home away from home. We would like to offer you to come back and stay with us again and experience the quality product we are determined to provide. Thank You

Reviewed 1 April 2011

avoid this place. do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else. we brought bed bugs home. our $80 room at this dive ended up costing around $1000 in exterminator and dry cleaning bills.

there is a reason 64% of people on trip advisor would not recommend Days Inn on Lundy's Lane.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank weddungplans

Dear Guest

We thank you for taking time and bringing any concerns to the hotel's attention. The particular room was investigated by a professional pest control company and no evidence of any bugs was found in that particular room. The result/report of the investigation is available with the hotel and could be reviewed. We apologise for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and we would like to offer you to come back and stay with us again. Thanks You.