“Don't go”

Ranked #90 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
ontario
“Don't go”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

the rooms are dirty the pool is so full of chlorine it burns your skin it sucks I'll never go back there again we stayed for 2 days expecting the room would be clean when we got back housekeeping love to clean towels did not vacuum did not make the beds the bathroom is disgusting

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Aaliyah0812
GMNiagaraFalls, General Manager at Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
At Days Inn Lundy's Lane we want all of our guests to enjoy their stay. I apologize for the inconsistencies you had during your stay. I would like to find out the details of your situation so I can understand why you didn't have a great visit and to make sure that I can address the situation as needed so this doesn't happen again. Please feel free to email me susan@daysinnfamilyfuncenter.com or call the hotel. Thank you

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Chatham
Reviewed 25 July 2012

It's a so-so hotel. Certainly for the money it has what you need for a short stay. The fellow at the front desk was friendly and efficient. The indoor pool is a nice feature. We had a room with 2 queen beds. The beds are very firm which I guess is better than saggy, the bedding was clean. The room overall was clean enough except for the air conditioner. There was thick dust in the grills on the top of it, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. Can't be a healthy thing to be breathing in. We went down to the Falls to see the lights in the evening and arrrived back about 11 pm. The parking area down the side of the hotel is poorly lit, there are pole lights there but were not on. We felt very insecure leaving our car there and making our way with little kids to the hotel in such a dark area.

Overall it's not a bad place if you don't want to spend a lot of money as it is a basic, plain-Jane hotel. If you like better amenities then you may want to spend an extra $20 to $30 at a newer establishment.

Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

Stayed here one night in July and glad it wasn't longer. Rather seedy and lacking in the basics i.e cleanliness, detail (like fridges and working lights) and outlook is dire. Ice maker in the lobby on entry level as is the pool which was being cleaned whilst I was there.

Breakfast in the Wimpey on site wasn;t much better.

Take my advise pay just a little more and stay nearer to the falls, you need to drive from here and pay twelve dollars parking.

Yes it's cheap IN ALL ASPECTS.

Room Tip: Don't bother unless you're desparate.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
Our pool is just off the lobby and during a busy weekend where we have numerous children in and out of the pool we do take time to clean the water to be sure it is at safe chemical levels for everyone. Our hotel doesn't have a fridge in each room much like other Days Inn in Niagara Falls however you can request a fridge for a minimal charge no where do we advertise that we have a fridge in our amenities. Some guest prefer to stay a bit away from all of the chaos near the main drag I'm sorry it wasn't convenient for you however we do not charge for parking for that very reason we know there may be a charge when you get closer to the Falls. If there was an inconsistency with the cleanliness of your room I wish you would have brought it to our attention as we take this very serious. Out of 114 departures on Sunday morning we didn't have one complaint for a dirty room. Thank you
ontario
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We were heading to niagara falls from ottawa, what a long drive...we were tired and cranky from the long travel... we originally booked at Advantage inn and when we got to Advantage inn we walked in to our room and we immediately walked out of that dirty smelly bed bug infested place (smells like mil due, check the bed sheets for bed bugs and i immediately found 4!!!) so we drove down lundys lane and came across Days inn, i had alleady checked it out on the internet and it seemed ok, we walked into days inn and the gentleman working there was very friendly (it was 1:30am on a Friday) we explained our situation and he was very helpful and found us a room.
we were in our room within 10 minutes we got up to the room it just put a smile on my face!! :) it was ALOT better than what i have just encountered! we slept very comfortably and had a great stay, we WALKED to the outlet mall literally 4 minute walk and drove down to the falls 6 minutes and the next day we were off to marine land 9 minutes! all i have to say is i was happy to have stayed at days inn!! (only thing the pool has a very very string smell of chlorine) THANKS for the great service Days inn!! :) WE WILL BE BACK SOON!!

Room Tip: 2nd floor have balconys
Parkersburg, West Virginia
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We got here on June 23rd and as soon as we walked in we felt very welcomed. I loved the staff (esp the two dark complected ladies with dark hair, one was around 19 and the other in her early 20's), i actually talked to them a lot about what to do around town with my husband and 2 year old. One recommended the drive in (which we went) LOVED IT and they gave us some good inputs on places to eat and shopping. I had read some comments about the Carpet being gross. Well to settle all those comments, they replaced the carpet while we were there so no more gross carpet :) The Housekeeping was very nice also, there was a older male housekeeper/laundry with a ponytail that was very pleasant to me and helped me out.

We stayed here for 5 nights and enjoyed our stay. Only issues we had would have been the King bed we had in our room (314) was very uncomfortable, like a 500lb person slept on one side and another 500 lb person slept on the other and no one slept in the middle so it dipped in on both sides badly.

Another issue is the free WiFi that is available in the hotel was only available on the first floor, so we were not able to get it in our room at all unless I walked down and sat in the lobby.

We played the mini golf course next to the hotel and it was fun. Evey person that plays putt-putt gets a free hand dipped ice cream (which was yummy). Adult were $6.50 i recall but you get ice cream with it so its a good deal.

Wimpy's restaurant that was in the hotel was not enjoyable though. The hamburgers tasted like school cafeteria ones (you know mystery meat type) and they ask you if you want cheese on it but they don't tell you its $1.59 per slice.. and $1.59 for two slices of bacon on it also. so just remember that. They do give free refills on drinks though (which is hard to find in canada).

we didn't use the pool because i'm allergic to chlorine and you could smell just walking in that it had A LOT in it so I have no reviews on the pool but it looked nice. No hot tub was there anymore though.

Overall our stay was very nice and we loves the jacuzzi in our room. Thanks Days inn for making our trip more enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, Manager at Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Thank you for validating our great staff. I have posted this comment so the staff can read it. The girls on the desk remember your visit and were excited to see that you said nice things about them. Too often guests only post negitive comments we appreciate the ones that give us credit for the good things we do. General Manager
Washington, DC
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Keep in mind the adage "you get what you pay for".

My suspicion started at check-in on 7/4/2012 when the clueless afternoon front desk clerk was questioning whether I paid in full even though the reservations were made online and she had a computer in front of her. She had to make a phone call to find out. When the call wasn't answered she had to make another call. A fellow coworker finally came around and told her it "looked" like I was paid in full. Then came the drama about the extra $100 that would be need to be charged for a deposit for "incidentals". Fine. The whole ordeal took a lot more time than I'm comfortable with, at least 20 minutes.

Upon entering the room I noticed it was bare-boned furnishings - and not to well cleaned. The AC grille was filthy, someone's long hair was on the carpet and a brown spot of some substance (I'll give the benefit of the doubt and assume it was a lump of errant mascara) was on the bathroom wall. I needed ice; unfortunately the only ice machine is on the 1st floor, I was on the 5th floor. There's only one hydraulic elevator. As I started to attempt to settle in, I noticed there was no waste container in the room. As I attempted to call the front desk I noticed the phone was dead; someone had disconnected it from the wall jack. I plugged it in and called to request a waste can. I then discovered the toilet had very little water pressure; what was done in the toilet stayed in the toilet.

Somewhat sensing that I would not complete my entire three-day reservation, I informed front desk clerk that I might be checking out in the morning. She seemed not able to comprehend early check-out equaled credit to my card, insisting that I needed to notify them of my intentions that evening (not at the 11am check-out time), otherwise I would be fore-charged another $100 for incidentals for the next day. She was more concerned with figuring out how it would be uncharged.

After sleeping it over I decided that this wasn't the Ritz and I indeed got what I paid for. Fine. I showered, dressed and stopped at the front desk as I was leaving at 8:30am to remind them about the waste can and to request a "do dot disturb" placard, something else that was missing.

Upon returning to my room around 3pm my card would not go into the card reader; there was an obstruction. I went to the front desk for assistance. Two people unsuccessfully attempted entry, asking me what had I done to lock the door from the inside. I suggested they contact the engineer. Afterwards I was told that the engineer was off-site and could not be reached. The front desk clerk said there was nothing else he could do other than offer me another room. Eventually the engineer responded and was dispatched to my room where he removed a broken-off card key from the Hampton Inn lodged in my card reader. How or why it got there was unimportant. I entered the room, grabbed my stuff and checked out and checked out, insisting that I not charged for the second day.

This place is a dump. I found the staff to suffer from a staff lack competency. I found the frustration not worth the savings.

Room Tip: Go to the Comfort Inn down the street.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
, General Manager at Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
I apologize for the inconsistencies you had during your stay. I was there at the time the front desk agent was going to your room to see what the problem might be. The front desk agent was trying to do the best in a difficult situation, we still have no idea how the card from another hotel was jammed in your door please know that we were not accusing you of causing the situation by using the wrong hotel key in your door.
We are genuinely sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We had a 3 nights stay at this Hotel, prices are very good, Staff is really courteous, room was clean though too cold from the A/C,, Inside pool was available from 7h00 am 'till 23h00, and also really clean. Someone mentionned the distance to get to the falls on the below comments : you need to get to the Falls or Clifton Hills by car (about a 5 minutes drive) where you can get cheap parking ($5.00 /day), if you wish to walk it , count 45 minutes.. but don't complain, you'd been warned . I really did enjoy my stay there and I recommend it to all couples with kids or teens.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Thank you for your response it's great to hear positive feedback. The hotel has undergone several changes refinishing the pool was one of them along with replacing the carpet in the hallways. I appreciate you mentioning the cleanliness as well as our courteous staff. We are centrally located and do not charge for parking making the $5 parking fee closer to the Falls affordable.