“After negotiating it got better”

Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane
Ranked #90 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“After negotiating it got better”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I stayed here one night before heading over to Niagara on the Lake for a resort weekend. I booked the room through Hotwire for a good price (so I thought). Our original room given was Room 143 in the "back building"-- an older 2 story building behind the newer ( but far from new) 5 story building. Our initial room was deplorable. They should just tear it down, if room 143 is indicative of the others in the building. But then where would they put all the Hotwire customers?? The room had dirty carpet, the ceiling was in horrible condition, and was just plain dirty. I wonder when was the last time it had been stayed in? It was refrigerator cold when I opened the door. I walked back up to the lobby in the front building to complain. She said " let me see if I have a room in the main building". I was then given room 411. Upon opening the door I was pleasantly surprised to see a room twice the size or more, including a Jacuzzi tub in the living area. The room also had a full sized sofa and was reasonably appointed. The bed was "so-so". The new room had a sink outside the main bathroom, where the toilet and bath/shower was located. All in all it turned out great. But if you get put in the back building, beware.

The hotel in about a mile or so to the Falls. Not a bad location, especially for $43.00, but the original building and room should just be torn down.

Room Tip: Avoid the back building at all cost.
2 Thank Joseph M
GMNiagaraFalls, Manager at Days Inn - Niagara Falls Lundys Lane, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We looked around for hotels and decided on the Days Inn on Lundy's Lane figuring it was the best value. It was close enough to everything we wanted to go to, so the location is good.

We got one of the jacuzzi rooms with the king size bed. I enjoyed the tub, which is big enough for two people which is nice. The bed I found quite uncomfortable, although my husband slept fine. The room was relatively clean, didn't scream spotless, but no major complaints. The fireplace in the room was not attached to the wall and was not even plugged in, but not a huge deal. The second day we were there, we came in the room and noticed the radiator was giving off a rotten smell. It went away when it was turned off, so we never complained as we didn't want to have to move rooms. The radiator was filthy inside though, so I doubt it's ever been cleaned.

Another slight issue we had was in the shower, the water temperature kept jumping up and down, so we couldn't use the taps on the sink if one of us was in the shower but it also happened when we were not using the taps, so be aware of that.

The front desk clerk was helpful, pointing out on a map where to park, how to get free parking (if you sign up for the free card the casino offers you park for free), where to eat, etc.

The swimming pool was in the front lobby area, behind glass of course, but I can't imagine you would enjoy swimming where everybody was walking in and out and whatnot and watching you.

Overall I feel like we got what we paid for - it wasn't terrible but it wasn't amazing. I'd recommend it if you were only staying a night or two and didn't care TOO much about where you slept.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Hope you stay with us again
Brampton
Reviewed 22 October 2013

me and the girlfriend had an awesome time in the jacuzzi tub!
very clean and an awesome rate......will be staying there again in the future!

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review.