“Never Again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #90 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mississauga
“Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2006

We didn't like the room for amount of money we paid because of the following:
The washrooms weren't clean.
Some lights weren't working.
Charged for local calls without any notice.
Big spiders on our beds.
No fridge & microwave.
And lastly we had to park our car far from the room.

Knowing the name Days inn we accepted a lot but it didn't meet the standard.

• Liked — None
  • Disliked — Sleeping beds
  • Tips/Secrets — Check out first (rooms) & then rent
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank knvm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2005

I just came back from my vacation in Niagara for two nights. I booked it through a package deal offered through my car association. The room was simple but clean. During our stay the weather was hot and our AC was working. We got entertainment passes when we arrived valued at $35 each, I do not know if it was the hotel who was giving it because it was not included in our package. My nephews loved the 24hour Dennys and the Dairy Queen next door. I found the shuttle service should be offered before 4pm. We had to take a taxi if we wanted to get Clifton hill earlier and the last shuttle was always full to the point that people were standing. It is a no frills hotel ok if you have kids and are not looking for luxury. We enjoyed our stay but then again we were always out. I would recommend the hotel for people on a budget who do not need the frills.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank livingthelife8
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2005

My girlfriend and i planned a girls weekend away. (the guys went out of town) so we booked a room here at the days Inn. We thought it wouldnt be too bad as it cost us $135.00 a night cdn. What a rip off. The room was not clean, and this was in the renovated section of the hotel.. yeah right. The beds were flat hurt your back it was not a good stay. never will book a room here again.

Stayed June 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
london, ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2005

Got a room in the old part of this hotel. Air conditioner wasn''t on when we arrived on a very hot day! Wierd smelling room. Tried to open curtains and the rod broke so the curtain was hanging. Patio door wouldn't open and the beds were so old with pillows as flat as a pancake. Called the Sheraton on fallsview Blvd. to see if they had a room for that night cause we couldn't stand to spend the night here!

• Stayed July 2005
8 Thank suezyq
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2005

Hello

For the first time in our lives, my girlfriend and I went to Niagara Falls. We were in toronto for the weekend and decided to extend our vacation to Niagara Falls. We picked up a flyer in Toronto containing Niagara Hotels. We booked a room online the day before at an internet café in Toronto. The price was cheap and it was one of the only hotels vacant. The room we booked stated it was a couryard view. We thought that it would be nice but when we got there, we were placed at the back of the hotel facing the parking lot and Dairy Queen. The air conditioner was leaking and noisy. Other guests were also noisy. The bathroom was very small and the decor of the room was an eyesore. We did not complain to the staff. We were supposed to stay two nights but only stayed one after seeing other hotels closer to the falls that were not advertised in the brochure we got in Toronto. Finally, we booked our second night at the Sheraton on the Falls, which we did not regret at all!!!

• Stayed June 2003
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2004

I planned a mini vacation for our family, for the long weekend. I called a number that was for Niagra Hospitality, they booked hotels for Days Inn. I know I called last minute, The man on the phone had 2 hotels available at very differant prices. I chose the less expensive one.* Each night was $179 can. I asked the man for a NON smoking room, with a balcony, I was told the room was in the "courtyard garden", sounded nice,!!!! the falls where 2 minute walking distance, free parking, coffee in lobby, tv with sattelite and movies, telephone in room and much more!

When we arrived at the hotel, we went to check in, The "courtyard garden" turned out to be facing the parking lot, they had a smoking room reserved for us, the parking was$ 7.00 a day, no coffee in the lobby, when we got to our room, The bathroom was so small I could not even turn around in there, the sink was in the room. The room had a smell, This so called tv with satalite, did not work. Out of the 10 channels9 of them did not work, and the 1 channel the worked came on and off. I wanted to use the phone, it was not working, why!!!! the phone had no jack on the end of the wire, and if that was not bad enough, the towels hanging up where dirty!!!! The falls were also about 3 miles away. We went down to the desk to tell them, we were going to check out that same night, the lady told us we will be charged anyways, after awhile we ended up staying there for that night, the next morning we checked out!!!!! I learned my lesson, I will never book again on the phone, the people on the other end, do not tell you exactly what you are getting, it seems they like to add a few things in to get you interested.
We ended up at another hotel for less expensive, free parking, non smoking, right in front of the excitment with a balcony facing the street. Our vacation ended up to be great!!!!!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2004

I have read some of the reviews on here, and I have to disagree, I am sure these problems happen, but I have not had 1 unpleasent experience in the 6 times I have stayed at this hotel in the past year. I found the last time I stayed at this hotel in June was even better, it seemed there was staff changes that were even better than before. I have always stayed in the tower part of the hotel and never had a problem. Granted the rooms are not huge, but for the amount of time you spend in your room how big do you really need it?

Thanks