When I got to the hotel, the check in processes seemed to go smoothly. They put a $100 hold on my credit card and it cost $10 for parking. I was then directed to the parking garage. After parking, we had to locate a door that led to another indoor parking area that smelt of cigarette smoke (an indoor, heated area, obviously used by someone for smoking). This was not a very appealing experience to start off. We then monied on through the narrow corridors, and stairs to the elevator and subsequently to our room. When we got to our room, it was obviously not what we had booked. We had booked a suite that was to have two queen beds and a pullout sofa bed; this is not what we walked into. We were surprised to see two beds and no couch, and a lookout to a back parking lot.
After we went down and had a lengthy discussion with guest services; who were for the most part nice other than one rude individual; they moved us not to a suite, but to a room with a view, and a cot, and agreed to waive the parking fees, however still not what we booked. We were told that 'if nobody checks into a suite, we can be moved...yet again'. Sure enough, not long after our move to our room with a view, we were moved to a 'suite'. However, the description for this suite mentioned that there was a separate seating area with a pullout sofa bed.
The separate seating area we walked into consisted of two bedside tables, a cot on the floor and a television for the cot with fridge and microwave, not what was provided in the description.
Overall, this stay at this hotel was very negative. I am not typically one to complain, but this was a very poor stay and I want to make sure others do not have to endure the same experiences in a hotel in need of serious updating.
I hope this helps others in their decision to stay elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Days Inn Niagara Falls Clifton Hill Casino is an oasis of comfort and charm, directly across the street from the excitement of Casino Niagara. It's also only steps from Clifton Hill and the entertainment district of Niagara Falls, and a few minutes to the actual Falls and Niagara Parks attractions. This boutique-style hotel has a warm, distinctively Canadian ambience. Amenities include an elegant sky-lit pool & whirlpool, temperature controlled underground parking, high-speed elevators, and your choice of tower & courtyard rooms. Many of the rooms at the Days Inn Niagara Falls also offer balconies or terraces. Jacuzzi suites are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn - Niagara Falls Clifton Hill Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Clifton Hill Hotel Niagara Falls
- Days Inn Clifton Hill Casino
- Days Inn Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls Days Inn