Days Inn - Niagara Falls Clifton Hill Casino
US$119
US$146
US$124
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Niagara Falls - By The Falls(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$103
  • Breakfast included
US$118
US$112
  • Fitness centre
Radisson Hotel & Suites Fallsview(Niagara Falls)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
US$119
US$110
1,852 results
All reviewsclifton hilltower roompool and hot tubcasinofallsattractionspackagefireworks
Reviewed 2 June 2014

always keep your confimation email with price on it misplaced mine and was over charged more than $100.00 and can not get a credit until i can find it head office no help as these do not know the prices charged

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ERIC R
Reviewed 2 June 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I booked a reservation at the Days Inn Clifton Hill Casino in March for a conference I was attending May 29-June 1 in Niagara Falls. I booked early and reserved a room in the tower based on the reviews here that warned against courtyard rooms.
The room was paid for in full through Hotels.com, I received the confirmation letter for my Queen room in the tower.
I arrived at the hotel around lunch time on May 29 to see if my room was ready. They had no record of my reservation. I showed my confirmation letter, the manager searched and she did end up finding a reservation, but it showed the check in date June 1, which was my departure date. The hotel was booked, but the manager assured me she would get me a room.
After a few minutes she confirmed that she was going to be able to get me a room, but it was not going to be in the tower, it was going to be in the courtyard. At this point, I had no choice, so I agreed to take the room- she commented that it was a jacuzzi suite, I so not take baths or jacuzzis, so that mattered not to me. I was just happy to get a room. The room was not ready, so I had to wait a few hours, which was ok, I needed to go get lunch so waiting for the room was not a problem. I also had to $10 per night to park, which was not a problem, and more reasonable than many hotels parking fees.
When I returned the room was ready.
The good: the location. Very easy in and out, easy walk to everything that tourists like to do. I was there for a conference on the other end of town, but I liked being able to walk to Clifton Hill at night, The bed was surprisingly comfortable. The room felt adequately clean.
The bad: The ac was loud, when it would come on the window would rumble, sounded like a train. You could see daylight under the door. The curtains did not go all the way across so there was a few inches of daylight (headlights) coming through. The lock on the door had been fixed by a small piece of wood being screwed on to the back of the door. It did not feel very secure.
My tv did not work, I phoned the office, they were not able to help me. I had a few channels, I ended up not using the tv at all.
The sink faucet sprayed water all over the place when you turned it on, and the toilet took a while to flush and filled up with water as if it was going to over flow but it didn't.
There were alot of people, they had their chairs dragged out into the hallway where they would smoke and drink and be loud- yelling across the courtyard to each other. The people in the room directly next to ours fought all hours of the night, yelling and cursing, the walls were paper thin, I could hear when they flushed their toilet. My first night there, they had a scream out fight at 3:50 in the morning.
The second night, there must have been a dozen people hanging out at the room, door wide open, chairs all out in the hall, beer cans everywhere, and the smell of weed was nauseating. They sat right outside the room, right by my window, talking until well after midnight. I was working, I had to get up at 6 am....
Saturday night, it was just loud all night, people out in the courtyard carrying on.
I complained when I checked out that I had not had a decent night's sleep since I checked in, and why. The girl apologized, said she would tell the manager, and proceeded to go ahead and charge me full price to park for the time I was there- usually they offer you something if you have not had a pleasant stay, but no. She asked why I did not complain, I said that I was advised they were booked, so I did not think I would get moved.
I ate at Applebees,because I was too tired after the conference to go anywhere else, the food was terrible.
I did not feel safe there, based on my experience, I do not recommend this hotel- I did not get to stay in the tower (which is what I booked and paid for)...I can't say what that portion of the hotel is like. I assume it is better, cleaner, and quieter than where I was.

Room Tip: Avoid the courtyard, refuse the courtyard, if they try to put you in the courtyard, leave.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Roninole
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed here. Both times in a tower room. Room was clean and bed was comfortable and the single person jetted tub was nice after a long day of seeing the sites. It is right beside Clifton Hill and across from the Casino. Plenty of dining options within a few minutes walk. I had room 707 and had a great view of Clifton Hill and the skywheel and a partial view of the American Falls.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are the best
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo