“Spectacular View of the falls” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls

Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls
Ranked #33 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
“Spectacular View of the falls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

We arrived there at night ,we look out the window and very disappointed because we didn't see the fall ,it was almost like foggy and dark ,misty at the same time,it was late in the night so we went to bed.
WE WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND WOW,the most spectacular ,amazing view of the falls you could ever imagine.
The hotel staff were decent ,we didn't do much at the hotel,except spent the night,when we wnt up close to the falls we thought to ourselves that we have a bird eyes view from our hotel room.

2 Thank Bensionq
OakesManagement, Front Office Manager at Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
We are pleased that we were able to WOW you with our spectacular view of Niagara Falls. We hope you will join us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (985)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just returned home from a 2 night stay at the Oaks Hotel in Niagara. The front desk staff is very friendly and most helpful. We were very impressed with all the improvements ; beautiful reception
area really speeds up checking in and out . New rugs, T.V's, pillows, etc. have given the Oaks a new fresh look. Even though work is continuing during the day every effort was made by staff to make the stay enjoyable. Great deal with dinner at Remingtons , voucher for Applebees , and wine tour. Will certainly return !!!
Pat and Ben

1 Thank Pat B
Thak you for the wonderful review! We are happy that your getaway was enjoyable and we hope to see you return in the future.
Mississauga Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

What a great place. Yes a few renovations but who cares. Disregard bad reviews. Rm very clean. Best views of falls. So close to everything. Price is great as we got a deal on wagjag! Included dinner at Remington's steakhouse (free shuttle there and back). Don't miss this place!!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FiremanC
Thank you so much for your comments, we are just about done the renovations now and are very excited with the end result. We hope that you will join us again in the future!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

I would never stay at this hotel. They charge $20 for parking and $10 for Wi-Fi per night. Front desk service is horrible. I had a overflowing in my room's toilet and apparently, it's a common issue for this hotel! Very poor customer service and no one has the intention to treat you as a guest..

3 Thank Roger M
OakesManagement, Front Office Manager at Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
On behalf of the entire management team here at the Oakes hotel we would like to apologize for the poor customer service you have encounterd, if you would like to call the hotel directly to speak with a manager we would be happy to hear your comments and concerns. thank you!
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

First I was very excited to book this place for my birthday get away. I have drove by this hotel so many times and it's so close to Fallsview Casino and other amenities. When I first booked the hotel, I want to ensure I get internet service which is important to my friend because of nature of his business. The Hotel I booked it has put a note there for me about internet (extra $9.95). I arrived at the hotel very excited to rest and have a fantastic night. I was given Room 239 and immediately my friend logged into internet, the signal was so weak he can't even log in. I called the Customer experience dept., the girl said she will check and another girl came on with a very stern voice. She advised me I need to upgrade. She said it will cost me $10 for upgrade and $10 for internet. I said alright. She demanded that I will bring all my belongings to the front desk. She was very rude, she must be having a bad day. We took everything out of the room and the front desk gave me another room which was Room 224. Why didn't they give me that room in the first place? The room was 6/10. Nothing special, no fridge. I don't think they should charge me $159.99 + tax for that place. I will not return to this hotel again. (June 14 2014)

Room Tip: Make sure you indicate what you need to the front desk, I don't think they really understand unt...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Skittles9927
Burlington, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Got this thru Wagjag. Pretty good deal overall except the hotel.I booked without reading the reviews and regret it. The first thing I did was check out the assigned room, on the 2nd flor of the old part under consruction. Half a kilometer walk through un AC halls and it was pretty sad.
I then veiwed the $30 upgrade on the 14th floor. Looked great at a glance and the view of the falls was spectactular. Snapped up the upgrade.
Not so good second glance. Noisy AC and the room and bath were sadly under furnished.
Lots of room but nothing there. And as all others mention, the TV was pathetic.
There are 21 floors in the tower and Ice only on 2-12, even numbers! Brilliant!
The bath had a pedistal sink and not a shelf to be found to put your toiletries besides the toilet seat. Nor a towel rack!
Whoever designed and furnished the room must have been an absolute idiot, there was no thought put into it at all.
This is on one prime piece of real estate and could be a real premium hotel. Maybe they will do a better job when the reno is done, but I would pass on this place until then.
Breakfast voucher for Applebees next door- don't open until 8AM!
The dinner at Remingtons was good, just good.

Room Tip: Don't stay until the reno is done an then be very cautious.
2 Thank bill p
Mississauga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is the fourth time that I've taken advantage of the special offer (including room, Remington's dinner, Applebee $20 voucher, $25 voucher for casino, shuttle to restaurant, wine tasting)however, this is the first time that the room was on the 2nd floor and the vacuuming left something to be desired. They are in the middle of a renovation which is okay except that we complained about (de)construction sounds past 6pm and started again at 6am. Front desk said the maintenance man confirmed that nothing was going on, but we heard later from someone that renos were taking place in some of the bathrooms. The front desk didn't suggest an alternative room. Although we had WiFi, the TV was not working properly, only coffee, no tea and no DVD player. The lighting for reading was quite dim. The beds were very comfortable, but the room is a little tired as were the halls. Oakes, Days Inn(s) and Applebee's, so I'm told is all under one ownership...so maybe it's time to try a new hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms face the falls, however, I would recommend anything about the 4th floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dixiegals
OakesManagement, Front Office Manager at Oakes Hotel Overlooking the Falls, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
We appreciate our loyal customers, I am sorry that this time around was not what you have come a custom too. If you would like to stay again please contact the hotel manager and we will do our best to ensure that your next stay is a success.