“Restless Sleep!”

Travelodge Niagara Falls Bonaventure
Ranked #88 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 19 July 2014

For an impromptu shopping trip, we chose this for the location and price. Checking was easy enough but when we got to the room I has a stale scent cigarette throughout. Funny enough it was a non-smoking room. Contacting the desk led to the promise of placing a air ionizer in the room for a couple of hours while we were out. When we returned later in the evening nothing had been done. Regrettably we stayed as it would have been too much of a hassle to find somewhere else to stay and we were tired. We will not be going back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GLADSTONE W

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Not clean at all,pool was covered in dirt around pool deck!!hot tub was pure yellow with green algae,outdoor pool was all yellow and bottom was covered in scum.
Took baseball team there for tournament and everyone was so upset with the hotel,Cleaning lady did nothing in our room but make beds and didn't give us toilet paper and we were totally out,bathroom was so dirty ,we wore socks always no bare feet,just real glad to be home .

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank trisha_watt
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed last weekend and when I arrived at the hotel around 3 my room was not ready. Understood by the staff that they were sold out and things took time so I got my keys from the lady and waited for housekeeping to finish my room. I would sooner have not had housekeeping clean that day as I watched this little Indian girl clean the toilet and then my sink and mirror with the same rag and only with water...NO CLEANER!!! This turned my stomach and I asked to change rooms but they were sold out. The rest of the room seemed ok so we sucked it up. Linens clean, pool run down but relatively quiet for a Saturday night. No breakfast provided despite it said online when I booked that it was complimentary. Not a great experience but a warning, if you drop some food near the bathroom area, do not eat it no matter what, unhygienic cleaning procedures.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bob K
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I called and talked with reception to book 8 Rooms, she quoted me a price of $68.00 a night, I said I would call back and let her know with in the hour. When I called to confirm rooms , It took us over hour to finally have someone answer the phone. Only then to be told rate had gone up. That reception made a mistake she thought it was a Sunday not a Saturday. Yet when speaking to Manager he informed my husband there are no different rates, that the girl made a mistake. Yet refused to honor the price. We being Chamber members asked if he was one, he then began to get rude and hung up on us! I stayed here in the past just a place to lay my head, rooms need updating. But I will never recommend this place to anyone again. Quoted Price, told yes my reception said that but no we will not honor her mistake!

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank John L
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We booked this hotel because other group members were staying there and it was close to the Oh Canada Eh show. Quickly realized this was a mistake. Two rooms booked and only one ready at 3:30. The bed was uncomfortable to say the least. Carpeting dirty with cigarette burns even though it was a no smoking room. The window in the room is old, rotted wood and would not close all the way, allowing the heat into the air conditioned room. When we asked about breakfast, the staff recommended another restaurant instead of their own! The website said breakfast was included but that does not include weekends (at least when we were there.) This is my fifth trip to Niagara Falls and this is the worst hotel room I encountered. For the price, it's not worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Wingham-7
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Travelodge on one night- July 5. Upon arrival, we quickly noticed the poor conditions of the room. The carpeting was very stained and likely hasn't been cleaned in years. The windows were rotten and there was also stains on the bed! The jacuzzi shower even leaked from 306 down into 206! Not a fun stay!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank JannyHoliday
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We had booked 2 nights at a different Hotel for Sunday and Monday, but my Wife was itching to get away. I went online to find a room on Saturday for Saturday night. Because a third night at the Hotel we booked was beyond our budget, I opted for this Motel, as We had stayed there before and it was pleasant,, clean, and for the money, was OK.
When we arrived just after 9pm, My wife asked if we could pay Cash in advance, as we always had, but that option no longer exists, and furthermore they demanded a $100. cash deposit on top of the rate. OK, we do that, as we are tired and are not in any position to argue.
My wife is partially disabled, and walks with a Cane.for short distances, anything more than that, and she must use her walker. The room they gave us was on the second floor, at the top of the stairs. I told her that is unacceptable. She came out with the keys to another room on the second floor, however it was closer to the elevator, or so they claimed. It took us over 3 minutes to walk from the elevator to the room. When we got there, the keys did not work. Now I'm getting upset. I went to the desk and demanded that we get a first floor room. I asked the Lady at the desk why did she give a visibly disabled person a room on the second floor? She was polite, and was helpful, but was having a hard time finding a room. It turns out it wasn't her who gave my wife the room.The owner then showed up and HE was the one who gave my wife the room. I asked him rather sternly why He would give a woman who clearly has difficulty walking a room so far away? He told me to stop yelling. I explained to him that I was not yelling, but If He wanted to hear some, just keep up his bad attitude and everyone will hear some.
I told him that I can't wait to write this review. He became rather indignant, and barked at the Lady to "Give Him 120"
It turns out that room 120 doesn't have a key, so they had to let us in with a master key, and one of us would have to stay in the room, or we'd be at the mercy of whoever was at the front desk. We went to the room. This was a childs room. Teddy bear pictures on the walls, on the lampshades, the sheets, and the furniture. I thought that this was odd, but at this point, I just wanted to eat and go to bed. This room was old, badly worn, and someone had left a Plastic cup with a cigarette butt, and about 1/2 oz. of water in it. This was disgusting.
We had to wait for the hooligans to go to their rooms though. It seems that many on the second floor were having a party. There were people at the outdoor pool having a party, complete with drinking, hooting, hollering, and what my wife and I were sure of, prostitutes.
Security guards came and broke up the parties, and we were able to sleep, albeit terribly.The beds were hard, I slept terribly, as did my wife. .
This place used to be run by a nice Lady who kept the place in order. The Man who owns it now, appears to know very little about the Hospitality business.
We will never be back. There are so many much better places to stay in the Falls.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends