“Okay.....just average”
Review of The Tower Hotel

The Tower Hotel
Ranked #34 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed here in the King Fallsview Room for 3 nights. The view was spectacular there is no doubt about that!!!. The only problem was the long and awkward walk to Clifton Hill and back. This hotel is basically the farthest one from Clifton Hill. There is also a lack of onsite restaurants here. The one downstairs is very expensive and does not have good food. The room was much smaller and not as plush as the Hilton Fallsview and the staff was not as friendly or efficient. Parking was valet only. We also could not see the fireworks from our room. Don’t get me wrong this is an okay hotel but there are other ones with the same view of the falls and much nicer rooms with a much shorter walk. I prefer a hotel on the Clifton side of the Fallsview Casino as that is where all the good restaurants/nightlife and fireworks are. Check on groupon or living social as they have deals all the time for Niagara Falls.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LandLockedMermaidTif

Reviewed 2 May 2012 via mobile

My husband & I Planned an impromptu trip to the falls for our anniversary and stayed at the tower hotel for a couple of days (April into May) and we had a great time. The rooms are on the smaller side but we didn't need much. We stayed Monday-Wednesday and had originally booked a queen city view but when we got there they had upgraded us to a king bed in room 3009 technically it's listed as a city view but we still had a beautiful view of the falls to the left of our windows. Everyone from the parking attendant to the girls at the front desk to the maid were so nice & helpful. My husband needed to iron his shirt but it wasn't available in the room. We asked the front desk and within 3 minutes someone brought us an iron and board.
We had hoped to dine at The Pinnacle restaurant for our anniversary but it was reserved for the evening.
The only downfall is parking is by valet only for $15/day unless you want to find your own parking elsewhere.
Overall we would highly reccomend this hotel. Were already looking to go back when it gets warmer.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Two visits, two different experiences
first visit (2008)
this hotel was charging around 140 per night even during memorial day weekend. We were looking for a hotel with falls view, and all expensive hotels were over budget for us. I found this place and booked under some suspicion, but it was a nice deal. The view is just spectacular. Whole wall towards falls was glass, and spectacular view. Room actually was shabby, and not too inviting. Hotel staff looked eager but not anything special. Food was OK..... But I didnt care as the view was important. Two bottles of merlot and whole night of falls view was excellent treat for me and my wife.
now....
second visit (2011)
this hotel has apparently gone through a face lift. They have jazzed up, and clearly charge a bit up for the kind of value they offer. Nothing wrong in that. I loved this stay even better. Food and room service has improved much. Rooms have gotten cleaner and more inviting. View is as spectacular as ever.

I will definitely stay here again.....

Room Tip: extra charge applied for parking as they have only valet parking. self park is not an option.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank PratikA
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I could list a lot of things that are wrong with this hotel, but I have to hand it to the small staff that really tries hard to make up for any disappointments you might have with a hotel that has little to offer in the way of amenities.

Everyone at the front desk (a shift of 3 young ladies) does a good job answering any and all concerns you might have - in particular Alicia. The hotel is small and right on the Horseshoe, so parking is limited and self-parking is non-existent, so valet's are a good source of local information and were also very nice young men - in particular Scott.

There is no coffee maker, so you have to trudge downstairs to the very small hotel restaurant "Fuel" for 2 cups for $5. There are Starbucks on each side of the hotel if you feel you need to pay more for coffee. No ice except in the lobby, but they will bring it up to you. I was afraid to request ice because I believed they would send the maintenance man "Frownin' Frank" up as they did each time I made a request - extra wash cloth, ironing board, iron, etc.

Now for the VIEW - spectacular! We upgraded from 2705 - nice room, no view - to 2911. Room was not set up correctly, but the view was among the best in Niagra Falls!

I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bradley R
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I must say I had a quiet and cute time at The Tower Hotel. Upon check in, me and my mate were upgraded for free on the 29th floor and checking in/out was efficient. I booked the deluxe queen city view and was given deluxe queen fallsview...Best Ever to start off our stay because our travelling from NYC, SUCKED!!!!!!!!! Yes, our room was small, but who needs a large room when I have a sexy partner ;-) It was adequate enough. We had a beautiful view of the falls and city. Nice bed, closet space, table, flat screen tv, refrig, microwave, and cute but small bathroom. Room was modern. Yes, ppl over at Embassy can see you through the windows, but that's what curtains are for, lol, close them when you want to walk around bare, or just wait until night ;-) No there is no soap dish in the shower. Bring your own, its only 99cents. Our room was kept clean by housekeeping. The hotel itself, was nicely put in a quiet area. The staff was friendly and helpful. But the cafe does close early and wish they had an indoor pool :-/ Hotel decor is stylist, cute and up to date in the lobby. This is not a hotel for children, so please keep it that way. It's romantic for couples regardless of sexual preference or nationalities. Niagara Falls is beautiful, but very expensive. They charge taxes on top of local taxes, which sucks!!! Who spends over $100 in Friday's for 2 ppl (2 drinks and 2 entrees). Same thing with Ihop (expensive)...like really, not that serious. So be careful and wise of your spending on food..PRICEY! We didn't have a vehicle and didn't need one, so no issues with parking. If you would like to relive your childhood..head over to Clifton Hills. Everything is walking distance, stop being lazy....bring your sneakers. It's windy this time of year and temp is colder because your near the water, but have fun and enjoy!

Room Tip: Book the falls view, but if not, hopefully you'll get upgraded for free :-)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank fem_ag
Reviewed 16 March 2012

King size bedroom advertised as a city view but room 3009 overlooks the river and you still can see the falls which was a bonus. The room is smallish but clean and the bathroom was ok. If you're going to Niagara why do you need a huge room anyways?? Free wifi worked well. Reception staff were helpful and valet parking guy was very friendly. It's $15 for ovenight valet parking but we knew that before we got there. The people who have written saying they didn't know should read more before booking a hotel? I've seen cheaper parking on outskirts but I'm sure people want the convenience of having valet parking right by the falls?

Room Tip: Ask for 3009 or similar room because it still has a falls view although it's advertised as city...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John E
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We stayed in room 2912 which has a falls view. The view as absolutly amazing especially at night. The room is a bot small but sufficent. They have microwaves and mini fridges. It is a bit of a walk to the casino but worth it. It's a bit far to the attractions but a short car ride away. Parking can be pricey by the midway. And water and pop is high so you might want to bring some bottles with you.

• Stayed: March 2012