“Aweful service”

Elite Tours of Niagara Falls
Ranked #17 of 41 Tours in Niagara Falls
More attraction details
Owner description: Offers guided, narrated tours of Niagara Falls, saving you the hassle and frustration of waiting in long lines, fighting traffic and finding the best attractions on your own. You will be picked up in front of your Niagara Falls hotel, and taken on an informative tour during which a professional tour expert will tell you everything about Niagara Falls, from its rich history to its current features and attractions.
Brantford, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Aweful service”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I had called elite tours to buy 8 fun packages, it went well a lady named Jessica took my credit card number was very nice and said the tickets would be waiting for me to pick up on Saturday of the show.
I got there to pick them up, no one was at the desk, after being hunted down a lady named Melinda was rude, told me she has no tickets to pick up and that I didi not reserve. She did not believe that 233 had been charged to my card so I had to prove it to her on my phone. Still no help, she would walk away from me mid sentence, help other customers and only gave me the tickets which had my name on the them to me when she found them looking for something else. She did not apologize about my having to wait 45 min about not having the tickets ready to go, about making me late for the show. She just turned away.

NEVER deal with this place, Melinda is the worse customer service agent I have ever dealt with. I would rather pay full price then be turned away form mid talk with 233 missing off my credit card and no one willing to help.

Visited March 2012
6 Thank Anna A

Canberra, Australia
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“A lot of hype not much depth.”
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We took the wine tour through our hotel (Embassy Suites). It was expensive for the end result. The driver/guide (Paul) was very good, had a sharp sense of humor and set up relaxed atmosphere for the day. He was very professional.
However, he was let down by his company's choice of cafe that provided lunch. Advertised as a gourmet meal, it was far from this description (see review under Epicurian Restaurant).
The wineries visited were good examples of Canadian wine, especially ice wine. However, the stingy approach at Inniskillon reflected the economic rationalist behind the corporate winery. The others were more honest in their demonstration of their product.
The tour included free time in Niagara on the Lake. It is a very pretty village and worth seeing. There are less expensive ways to do this.

5 Thank petsaloz
NewJersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“what a rip-off!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My family and I were very, very disappointed in this tour company. The service they provided was basic. Their outrageous prices made you feel taken advantage of. You could easily use Canada's People Mover public transportation and get the same information, comfort, and efficiency. DO NOT waste your money using this company, it cost almost $100 extra per person. In addition, Jennifer from management was unhelpful when comfronted with our feelings of being so dissatisfied.

Visited July 2011
9 Thank dawn67
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good but save your money.”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

As a previous review pointed out you could purchase a pass for $45 and entry into the butterfly house for less than half of the cost of the tour. The People Mover busses run by the park service are the best way around.

If you like to pay for the guided tour which does give some good historical facts then you might like this but if we knew what we know now we would never have paid that cost.

The biggest insult was the sign on the bus soliciting a 15% tip for the driver if added up for everyone on the bus would have been over $500 for 5 hours worth of work. ($100 hour)

4 Thank TravelAceChicago
Richmond, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Changed the time, pick-up location, and attractions on tour”
Reviewed 3 July 2011

My wife and I took our first trip to Niagara Falls last month. On advice from friends that had been there previously we wanted to save the hassle of parking, standing in line, etc, etc and therefore take a guided tour. After some searching we booked a tour with Elite. They advertised the places that we wanted to go, the time was convenient, and they said on the website that they would pick us up from any Niagara Falls (Ontario) accommodation.

We called to confirm the day before the tour (confirm the time and when they would pick us up at our hotel, etc.) When we called, they stated that the tour had been moved one hour earlier (not a big deal), that they were not taking us to Skylon Tower as advertised (again, not a dealbreaker), and that they would not pick us up at our hotel as their website stated. This was the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back. One of the points of booking the tour is that we would not have to drive around Niagara Falls. Of course, we could have always taken a taxi to Elite's start point but this, in a way, would defeat one of the main purposes of the tour.

The worst thing is that we were not informed of these changes. If we had not confirmed the prior day, we would be waiting outside our hotel only to never be picked up and would have lost out on any opportunity to book a replacement tour as that was our only full day in town.

In their defense, they did allow us to cancel our tour without any cancellation fee (possibly due to the above.) I'm sure the tour itself is very good, but we were not pleased with the lack of communication as it would have ruined our vacation if not for us calling them for changes (should be the other way around.)

Visited June 2011