“Slum lords!!!! The truth might hurt..... horrible place.”

Villager Lodge Niagara Falls
Ranked #43 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Slum lords!!!! The truth might hurt..... horrible place.”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This was a smelly, dirty, worn and just old room. If there are better ones there, we didn't get one. I would pay $200 and up before staying in this dump again. Killed 2 spiders while there. I am used to way better but on the other hand fair and honest. Permanent stained toilet, floors and showers, sinks. I'm guessing all the good reviews were written by the staff. The room we had got stuck in 1980. I do believe the furniture is that old. We were in Buffalo for 1 day on family business. Flew in and could not get a room in Buffalo or any place close by less than $230, because of the game on Sunday Patriots/Bills. All hotels were sold out or charging rediculious prices. We brought passports with us just in case we would have to cross the border. The carpet was so dirty we only took shoes off to get in bed. The smell was terrible. Walls dirty, and stained. I used the toilet standing up (yes I am a female) I refused to use the shower or tub. I apologize to my fellow air passengers if you could tell. Nothing in this room was newer than 10 years other than (get this) the flat screen hanging on the wall. Who does that? Put a flat screen in the Bates Motel. I would feel horrible if I had to ask a homeless person to stay here. I kept telling myself "its just one night". Sorry never again. This is one of th0se $29-39 dollar a night room inflated because of the game. Next time I can't get a Westin/Hyatt/Hilton/Marriott........new, lesser brand name, I will drive 1-2 hrs or just pay the inflated rate at a high end hotel.. I've heard it's not home or just a bed, no, I should not have to lower my standards to crap. I would not lie about the condition, because I hope others are truthful as well, becuse I use their comments when selecting rooms. That's why I find it hard to believe any good reviews. I can't comment on the staff because it was just a check in process, nothing rude, just a transaction. She explained where the room was and gave me access to the internet (didn't use). No sense asking for a different room in this type of place and I know there were very few rooms anywhere and in similar places, I had been checking the internet all day before and same day. Bottom line never, ever, ever again.

Room Tip: Don't bother. I trully can not believe any that stayed in room 122 were not horrified.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WhereToNextTootie
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
We deeply apologized that you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel but we always try our best to accommodate our guest to serve them better. We honer honest reviews even good or bad and always take the action to correct the issues. But your review is not honest at all, more likely sounds competitors written. Room comes with LCD tvs, Hair Dryer, Ironing and Ironing boards, Fridge, and Microwave as well as Free Long distance calls to North America. If Villager Lodge can provide all these amenities without extra cost then our other Honest Guests will realize that the toilet seat cannot be stained which SHE had to use STANDING!!! Next time be Honest and should learn to respect the other guests who also pay to relax beside your room if you ever stay in any hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We took the honeymoon suite and it was pretty awesome. The heart shaped jacuzzi worked well. The room was dated but well kept and clean. The staff is friendly. Only issue was the continental breakfast. Boiled eggs, cereal and koolaid in a 4 by 4 space with 8 chairs doesnt qualify in my book as a continental breakfast. Also the light bulbs in the room are the energy saver kind. Good for the environment i guess but bad for a hotel room.

Anyways all an all its an awesome family spot for the value.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Oizaz1
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Villager Lodge deeply appreciated your honest review. Its our pleasure to serve you better. We count every single review into consideration. we will make any possibility to extend that area but you also have the advantages to take your breakfast to your room which most of our guests prefer to do it because no other hotel allow to do that. Once again, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
Villager Lodge.
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Room was clean and great size we had 5 adults in this family suite w/kitchenette for the price well worth the 10 minute drive to the falls area.Close to Outlet Mall and Restaurants.Was very quiet area with a tim hortons right across the street. Also 2 mini putts just down the street.Very freindly at the front desk.
Thanks
Randy

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Villager Lodge and the management of the hotel deeply apreciated your honest review that our guest took their valuable time to share their experience and are delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our every single effort would be to make our guests stay comfortable and relaxable. So, We are also going to remodel our efficiency rooms with new kitchen cabinets and adding more amenities in all the rooms soon. Once again, Thanks for your valuable review.
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 29 August 2012

We came down as a Ball team for a tournament, and were looking to do it on the cheaper end of things, but without staying in a flea bag motel (been there and done that!)

We were extremely happy with this choice, so much so we have already booked rooms here for our next tournament.

The gentleman who looks after the grounds was very friendly, and even allowed the group to have a great time playing with the "toys" (riding mower...lol)

This is a place that allows long-term stays, most of whom were friendly and courteous. We never managed to be up or around during the breakfast hours, but it looked decent enough. Amanda was super nice and friendly behind the counter.

Would and have recommended this to everyone looking for a place in Niagara Falls.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 30 August 2012
Villager Lodge and the management of the hotel greatly appreciated your honest review. Its our pleasure to have guests like you. We will guaranteed to make our guests stay very comfortable in the future as well so they can enjoy their vacation time again while they are away from their sweet home. Thanks for staying with us.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I was pleased with my stay here. At first I was afraid what i might find because the price was so good i paid for it on hotels.com. But the husband and wife who own the property or manage it (not sure which) were very helpful. The rooms are plain but clean and it had a sort of homey feel . There were about 30 or so rooms so its small . They have a pool and a little area if you wanted to Bar-b-que. I'm thinking about coming back next summer with the kids so they can experience the falls I would be able to afford two rooms (I have teens). The continental breakfast could stand some improvement that would be a big plus. But overall I was happy with my stay

Room Tip: There is no elevator so if you have a problem with stairs make sure you get a first floor room
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Villager Lodge and the management of the hotel deeply appreciated your honest review that our
guest took their valuable time to share their experience. Its our honor to have guests like you.
Our hard work paid off on the spot when it come to know that our guest had enjoyed their stay. Thanks for staying with us and hopefully will see you guys in the future.
Nick Bhella (Manager)
Woodhaven, New York
Reviewed 9 August 2012

For a family vacation we booked two rooms - the kitchenette suite and a regular room - for three nights. We were a little apprehensive based on some of the reviews here. However we found it to be perfect for our needs, Beds were clean. Kitchenette had some pots, dishes, supplies there for us to use. Our teens were allowed in the pool until 11pm at night (no life guards; so an adult with our group was always with them). Yes the rooms showed some age, but they were very clean. Hot water was very hot and plentiful. Woman behind the front counter was always pleasant to us. We would definitely book there again. For the price we paid, we were very pleased,

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Villager Lodge and the management of the hotel greatly appreciated your honest review and proud to have the guests like you and feels great that our guest had enjoyed their vacation time at the Villager Lodge. Thank you.
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night. We checked reviews on about 20 motels on the strip and actually picked another motel up the street. The first motel wasn't what we were looking for so the next morning we checked Trip Advisor again. We found the Villager Lodge and checked the reviews.

Everyone has some critiques about a place that they stay at, but what made us decide to check in at the Villager was that the owner took the time to address complaints made on TripAdvisor about his property. Seemed to us that he showed pride in his business.

Without a reservation we showed up and were given a room...actually a choice of room. The young lady was very friendly and pleasant. She told us what the breakfast consisted of and that there were trays to take it to your room if so desired. The room we picked wasn't done being cleaned, so we went shopping for about an hour and when we returned, the room was ready. It was absolutely clean, the A/C was on and the room was cool. We also checked the mattresses for bugs and there was no sign of any ever being there. LCD TV, microwave, beer fridge, ironing board, coffee maker and hair dryer made it a well equipped room.

The shower/tub and bathroom were clean, the showerhead worked well, the hot water wasn't a problem...2 showers in 1/2 hour with lots of hot water.

Spent the day by the pool, it was clean and warm with lots of chairs and loungers.

The location is a 5 minute walk to Hortons and a nice neighbourhood pub (Chip N Charlies) with cheap and very good food and across the road from the Villager is Scoops Breakfast and Lunch Restaurant. No dinners but the breakfast was 2 eggs, 3 sausages, home fries and toast for $4.95.

We live 45 minutes from the Falls and wanted to find a nice, quiet place to get away for a night from time to time and we found it, we'll be back for sure. The whole trip was great value.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tracy B
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Villager Lodge deeply appreciated your honest review that our guest took his time to write it. Our goal is to provide the best service we can so our guests can enjoy their trip while visiting to the Niagara Falls instead of making their vacation time miserable. We are trying very hard to provide every single amenities that our guests deserved while they are away from their sweet home to make their stay memorable as well as relaxable at the Villager Lodge.
Villager Lodge.