“Great Value”

Ranked #41 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
“Great Value”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at this motel with my husband and 2 children. We stayed from Sunday to Tuesday and it was very relaxing and peaceful. The room and grounds were very clean and well maintained. The hotel is a great price and good location. We loved the pool and basketball net, the playground could be updated but was okay. The beds were very firm, we would have preferred softer ones. The cleaning staff were very nice and did a great job. Breakfast was plentiful with cereal, toast, fresh fruit and yogurt. I would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Villager Lodge thank you and all our guests who took their valuable time to share their thoughts on trip advisor and give us a chance to make more improvements to satisfy our future guests. We always looking forward to make necessary changes so any guest who come to the Villager Lodge will have all the necessity amenities to make their stay very comfortable. Once again, thanks for visiting the hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Owen Sound, Canada
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is an inexpensive place to stay in an ideal location. As previously mentioned in reviews this place is clean and quiet for the most part. I stayed here for a few days mid-week while I did some sight-seeing and checked out the many wineries in the area. The only hiccups I had during my stay was one night where there was maintenance being done up till 11pm which I thought was a little too late. The other was that my room had not been cleaned by the time I came back in the late afternoon one day. I would lean closer to 3.5 stars right now as I think they have a little room to improve. The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion. I will stay at this place again as I see them working to improve and hopefully next time I will not hesitate to give them a solid four out of five. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Part of this place faces the street where there is a fair amount of traffic. I am not sure if it wo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris G
Villager lodge is proud to have the guest like you and will try our best to serve you better in the future as well. Thanks for visiting at the Villager.
Hamilton Ontario
Reviewed 24 February 2013

My wife and I stayed in the honeymoon suite on Feb 23rd 2013.

I can't understand some of the bad reviews on here. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The jacuzzi tub worked well and the water pressure was more than adequate.

The manager was pleasant and accommodating. I can't find a single thing to complain about, and would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Great value, clean room and wonderful service. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Villager Lodge and the management of the hotel deeply appreciated your visit at the hotel and also took your valuable time to share your thoughts with the other travelers. We will always try our best to serve you better in the future as well.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Dont expect too much when you stay there.....limited services....old rooms.....limited breakfast.....just good for one night if thats all....parking lot was not cleaned when it snowed one evening it was icy...air conditioner was noisy and had limited channels on tv

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 4 December 2012
I did not understand this sense. There was no snow in Niagara Falls that needed to be plow and on the other hand they were using the A/C ???? while heat source from the baseboard heaters at the Villager Lodge.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Yes, better than you would expect, if you pay what you pay. No frills but good value. It is an older building and I understand that improvements are constantly made. LCD TV's are in place and beds are very comfortable (on a firm side, and we do like a little firm). The breakfast area is small but they allow (and advise) to take food in your room. Take a tray and make a 2nd trip if needed.
The property is located in Lundy's Lane at about 10 minutes drive from the Falls and Clifton Hills. All infrastructure of Lundy's Lane is present. Tim Horton's, fast food, Outlet Mall and restaurants are conveniently there. Good value for money, staff is very accommodating. Will have no problems to stay again.

Room Tip: Have dinner at Syndicate Restaurant (6863 Lundy's Lane)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Villager Lodge deeply appreciated your honest review and proud to hear that our guest enjoyed their stay. We serves many guest everyday and they really enjoy their time at the Villager Lodge but they do not bother to review the hotel on the tripadvisor but if they are not happy then they must review us on the tripadvisor but never tell the truth. Guest who had stayed at other places before they appreciated our services and hospitality. Villager Lodge always look for improvements to make and adding more more amenities so our every guest can enjoy their vacation time while they are away from their sweet home. You can find everything you needed to enjoy your time at the Villager Lodge. i.e. Lcd tvs, microwave, refigerator, hair dryer, ironing, wi fi and much more. Villager Lodge proud to have the guest like you and look forward to serve you again in the future.
Once again, thanks for staying with us.
Best Regards,
Villager Lodge
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This was a smelly, dirty, worn and just old room. If there are better ones there, we didn't get one. I would pay $200 and up before staying in this dump again. Killed 2 spiders while there. I am used to way better but on the other hand fair and honest. Permanent stained toilet, floors and showers, sinks. I'm guessing all the good reviews were written by the staff. The room we had got stuck in 1980. I do believe the furniture is that old. We were in Buffalo for 1 day on family business. Flew in and could not get a room in Buffalo or any place close by less than $230, because of the game on Sunday Patriots/Bills. All hotels were sold out or charging rediculious prices. We brought passports with us just in case we would have to cross the border. The carpet was so dirty we only took shoes off to get in bed. The smell was terrible. Walls dirty, and stained. I used the toilet standing up (yes I am a female) I refused to use the shower or tub. I apologize to my fellow air passengers if you could tell. Nothing in this room was newer than 10 years other than (get this) the flat screen hanging on the wall. Who does that? Put a flat screen in the Bates Motel. I would feel horrible if I had to ask a homeless person to stay here. I kept telling myself "its just one night". Sorry never again. This is one of th0se $29-39 dollar a night room inflated because of the game. Next time I can't get a Westin/Hyatt/Hilton/Marriott........new, lesser brand name, I will drive 1-2 hrs or just pay the inflated rate at a high end hotel.. I've heard it's not home or just a bed, no, I should not have to lower my standards to crap. I would not lie about the condition, because I hope others are truthful as well, becuse I use their comments when selecting rooms. That's why I find it hard to believe any good reviews. I can't comment on the staff because it was just a check in process, nothing rude, just a transaction. She explained where the room was and gave me access to the internet (didn't use). No sense asking for a different room in this type of place and I know there were very few rooms anywhere and in similar places, I had been checking the internet all day before and same day. Bottom line never, ever, ever again.

Room Tip: Don't bother. I trully can not believe any that stayed in room 122 were not horrified.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank WhereToNextTootie
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
We deeply apologized that you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel but we always try our best to accommodate our guest to serve them better. We honer honest reviews even good or bad and always take the action to correct the issues. But your review is not honest at all, more likely sounds competitors written. Room comes with LCD tvs, Hair Dryer, Ironing and Ironing boards, Fridge, and Microwave as well as Free Long distance calls to North America. If Villager Lodge can provide all these amenities without extra cost then our other Honest Guests will realize that the toilet seat cannot be stained which SHE had to use STANDING!!! Next time be Honest and should learn to respect the other guests who also pay to relax beside your room if you ever stay in any hotel.
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We took the honeymoon suite and it was pretty awesome. The heart shaped jacuzzi worked well. The room was dated but well kept and clean. The staff is friendly. Only issue was the continental breakfast. Boiled eggs, cereal and koolaid in a 4 by 4 space with 8 chairs doesnt qualify in my book as a continental breakfast. Also the light bulbs in the room are the energy saver kind. Good for the environment i guess but bad for a hotel room.

Anyways all an all its an awesome family spot for the value.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Oizaz1
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Villager Lodge deeply appreciated your honest review. Its our pleasure to serve you better. We count every single review into consideration. we will make any possibility to extend that area but you also have the advantages to take your breakfast to your room which most of our guests prefer to do it because no other hotel allow to do that. Once again, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
Best Regards,