“Great,Clean and very friendly” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villager Lodge Niagara Falls

Villager Lodge Niagara Falls
Ranked #40 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Oshawa, Canada
“Great,Clean and very friendly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights and were very impressed with the cleanliness and service. Love the wood floors instead of carpet! The only complaint we have is the hot water could have been hotter. We highly recommend this hotel :-)

• Stayed September 2013
7 Thank julesy70
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Villager lodge and the management of the hotel deeply appreciated your time to share with the others. We do our best to make our all guests stay comfy and clean as much as we can and keep updating all the necessity needs and will do in the future as well. Once again, thanks for visiting and looking forward to serve you guys again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mississauga, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

disgusting trip we got a room downstair,1st room have to change because of stain on sheet and spread,hair on bed i spoke to the girl at the front desk her name is amanda,she said they don't change linen after each guest because it was expensive to clean...same problem with the second room adding to it the shower curtain was disgusting never clean, there was soap sud stain from shower that had taken before i report it to her she said it's not a 5star hotel i told she is a very nasty girl and should not deal with customer and business like that did not stay the rest of the trip there i went and book another hotel and was satisfied so please everyone inspect your bed before put yourself and your kids down on it.....

Room Tip: choose a better place
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank mitsy2013
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 18 August 2013
This guest messed up the bed completely with their pee in only one night. Mattress and linen was completely soaked with their pee. I think she should carry her diapers with her. Paid the hotel only $60 for the night and caused the damage over $500. This is how they live in their house. I don't like to write a strict response but she deserved it. We had to kick her out after seeing the condition of the room she had done in only one night. Shame on you.
Worcester, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

Went by myself just to tour Canada and see Niagara Falls so I chose this because the reviews were average and the price was right. It is older and you shouldn't expect too much.

I enjoyed my stay because it was clean, quite and service was good. I was able to walk to the We-Go stop so I didn't need my car. There are plenty of restaurants. I didn't get to use the pool. It was a quick drive to the 'Oh Canada, Eh!' show. Also, they gave me a room close to the front desk - I've traveled by myself and with my children (no hubby) before and place a high value on safety.

Love the unlimited calls, mini-frig, free wi-fi and parking. Had some free continental breakfast - average. Laminate wood floor - Love this because there was no icky rug and nasty smells. Bed was hard but I felt well rested and my back felt great too!

I am going back with family next week and the price went from $47 (mid July) nightly to $129 (mid Aug) so we are trying a different hotel. Otherwise would go back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Erykahmo
Villager lodge and the management of the the hotel appreciated your time and visit to the hotel. Weare looking forward to seeing you soon again in the future.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I recently spent three nights at the motel with my family and it is reasonable for the price I paid. The place needs some upgrading in the office ,and breakfast room. They should also change the carpet , since it has an odor. The continental breakfast is a joke , nothing much but cereal and coffee . I guess this is what you get for the price you pay. Overall it' ok

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Isanbell123
Thanks for your time to share with the other guests. We have continental breakfast for everyone that includes eggs, toast, two juice, two cereals, banana, apples, coffee, tea, yogourt, butter, jam,milk means everything needed for the breakfast. We have one year old carpet and do steam wash 4 times in summer only but guest spill coffee and other stuff on it which is impossible to wash away. This is the reason we start hardwood flooring in the rooms. So far we have done 30percent rooms. Hopefully, will change in all the rooms in the future with our guests support. We provide amenities of compared to five star hotels. Ie, fridge, microwave, coffee maker, hair dryer, ironing and ironing board and 32 inch LCD tvs. Most bigger hotel don't have these. But some guest expect more, may Be the reason they never been to other hotels in Niagara Falls yet to compare. But we always will try our best to satisfied our guests need. Please don't hesitate to ask if you need some extra we never denied.
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at this motel with my husband and 2 children. We stayed from Sunday to Tuesday and it was very relaxing and peaceful. The room and grounds were very clean and well maintained. The hotel is a great price and good location. We loved the pool and basketball net, the playground could be updated but was okay. The beds were very firm, we would have preferred softer ones. The cleaning staff were very nice and did a great job. Breakfast was plentiful with cereal, toast, fresh fruit and yogurt. I would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
nick_bhella, Manager at Villager Lodge Niagara Falls, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Villager Lodge thank you and all our guests who took their valuable time to share their thoughts on trip advisor and give us a chance to make more improvements to satisfy our future guests. We always looking forward to make necessary changes so any guest who come to the Villager Lodge will have all the necessity amenities to make their stay very comfortable. Once again, thanks for visiting the hotel.
Owen Sound, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is an inexpensive place to stay in an ideal location. As previously mentioned in reviews this place is clean and quiet for the most part. I stayed here for a few days mid-week while I did some sight-seeing and checked out the many wineries in the area. The only hiccups I had during my stay was one night where there was maintenance being done up till 11pm which I thought was a little too late. The other was that my room had not been cleaned by the time I came back in the late afternoon one day. I would lean closer to 3.5 stars right now as I think they have a little room to improve. The pros outweigh the cons in my opinion. I will stay at this place again as I see them working to improve and hopefully next time I will not hesitate to give them a solid four out of five. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Part of this place faces the street where there is a fair amount of traffic. I am not sure if it wo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Chris G
Villager lodge is proud to have the guest like you and will try our best to serve you better in the future as well. Thanks for visiting at the Villager.
Hamilton Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

My wife and I stayed in the honeymoon suite on Feb 23rd 2013.

I can't understand some of the bad reviews on here. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The jacuzzi tub worked well and the water pressure was more than adequate.

The manager was pleasant and accommodating. I can't find a single thing to complain about, and would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

Great value, clean room and wonderful service. What more could you ask for?

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Villager Lodge and the management of the hotel deeply appreciated your visit at the hotel and also took your valuable time to share your thoughts with the other travelers. We will always try our best to serve you better in the future as well.