Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls Centre St. By the Falls
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great hotel for rate, close to attractions, very clean and friendly staff. Only negative comment would be that the $100 deposit upon check in was a shock. It would have been nice to know this beforehand.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Great hotel. Clean and close to everything. Walking distance to the falls and lots of restaurants and tourist stops. We parked our car for 5 days and didn't touch it for the whole week. One block to Clifton Hill, which is the tourist location for almost everything! Falls about 3 blocks away right down the hill. Parking is nominal at $5.00 a day and they had lots of parking. Rooms were very very large (we had a room with two doubles) and very clean. Housekeeping was great. Very secure. Pool was nice, large, but the water was very cold. They did have a hot tub in the pool area which my husband said was very nice and relaxing. The pool area appeared to be clean and wasn't too crowded, even though the week we were there the hotel was booked. They do provide towels at the pool. Nice little touch was towel animals we were surprised with every day. No breakfast is served but there is a small cafe by the front desk that you can get a breakfast sandwich, hasbrowns and drink for $5.99 which isn't a bad price, unfortunately they are open very short hours. They did have some items on the menu for lunch (salads and sandwiches) but I never saw them open to be able to get any, but not a problem as there are plenty of place to eat right on the hill. I highly recommend this hotel for his service, cleanliness and location.

1  Thank diagar616
Reviewed 15 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2014

After traveling a great deal of distance we were relieved to finally come to our hotel. I and my handicapped husband checked in only to find that our room was not handicapped accessible. We booked the hotel months in the advance. The room was lovely but not handicapped accessible. I approached the front desk and told them our delima. The front desk supervisor looked shocked as if to say "What am I do to do about it?" He said he would talk his manager and get back to us. I came back to the desk and he said he would get us a room with accessibility and have his staff clean it for us. We waited for some time and then he gave me the card and I inspected the room. It was clean and neat but older and on the second floor. I couldn't find the light switch for the room and had to ask a staff to show me where it was and she couldn't even find it but we eventually did. We are easy going people and easy to please and all we wanted was a room to lay our heads down and then travel to our next destination the following day. I went downstairs and said I needed to show my husband and family and that I wasn't sure about it booking the room. I came back said we may not stay and may have another alternative. I asked if we could get a refund and they told me that they couldn't do that because it had been booked in the advance. So, we decided to stay. We then went to tell them we wanted to stay I heard the clerk say to his other staff member " the tables have turned". I was shocked and saddened by the attitude of the clerks and very disappointed they would say that and was very disappointed in their attitude and their professional approach. We were bone tired and only wanted to lie our heads down not have the hassle of everything. I hope the staff realize how difficult it is to travel with a handicapped person. We therefore got settled in our room and then only to finally fall asleep to wake up to a air conditioner about to break down. It sounded like a rocket ship going to the moon! Around 12:30AM or so I called the front desk and asked if someone could look into the matter. Around a half an hour later some gentleman came up and looked at the air conditioner. The gentleman's attitude was "blaa zay" like he didn't care and just switched the system to air and would have someone fix it in the morning. I guess the system had froze up. Of which can happen. That was ok but it was the attitude of the person that disappointed us. The AC continued to be extremely loud so we just shut if off and went to sleep. One thing that was positive about our stay was that they had a hanger on the door knob stating that. you could order breakfast on a check list and then would be brought up to you that was so convenient. The lady that brought us breakfast was very friendly and kind. We did ask for a bath mat and the porter was very nice and brought it too us. Again, we are disappointed with the attitude of the front desk staff and that it was an attitude that that we really didn't matter and that they only wanted our money. ( PPS the morning front clerk staff was pleasant when we checked out!) Also, to have the handicapped room on the second floor with only access to an elevator is not safe for someone who cannot get out of a wheelchair in the event of an emergency and the elevator is out of service. A suggestion would be to re make the room up that we first had into a handicapped accessible room. That would be great! Again, we will never come back here due to the non caring and unprofessional attitudes that were reflected here. Although, we must say once the air conditioner was off the hotel was located in a quiet area. If I were to have guests who come from far away I would do my utmost to go out of my way and make sure in any way shape or form that the guest had their needs met in a pleasant and positive way. Sincerely A Disappointed Couple. : {

Room Tip: Unfortunately don't choose this hotel. : (
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carolyn S
Celina P, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn & Suites - Niagara Falls Centre St. By the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations. However, I will personally contact you in regards to your stay over the phone.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The service is excellent and staff were good too.
It is very clean and location is close to all rides and Casino.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Located within walking distance to all the attractions, which turned out to be a blessing. It was sooo jammed with people & cars downtown on a saturday night, wouldn't want to drive anywhere. Rooms were clean, nothing fancy.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends