“Price is right”

Ranked #112 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Price is right”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

we had a heart shaped jacuzzi room for 59 plus taxes...really good value for money, quiet and clean. a bit far from the falls ( 7 k ) so you can't really walk to them but overall good experience. comfortable bed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Benque
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel located quiet far down the lane. Has a good price point, the rooms are average and some in need of maintenance. It is located fairly close to the 2 strip clubs so it was filled with strippers when we were there. It made for an interesting stay but the 3am parking lot arguments outside our door with strippers and pimps made for a restless night. If we wanted to see a show we would have went next door and paid the cover or the strip club, instead of in the parking lot of the hotel. For sure not a place to bring kids or a family. But maybe for a single guy looking to get lucky it might be ideal.

Room Tip: Try to get one away from the parking lot.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank BENQUE R
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed in this motel for a night in twin queen size bed room, even though I am not picky and I was expecting that what i will see but still the following things I noticed.

1- Poor lighting
2- Fridge takes whole night to cool up water bottles, I put bottles and they were cold next morning
(ha ha)
3- The most worst thing was the "Air Conditioner" I turned that on for whole night but still outside weather was cold that our room..... God : (
4- Washroom was way dirty with yellow stains and hair stuck all over the place.
5- Beds were very uncomfortable.

The thing what made me surprise that when i complained to the owner he said to me" yeah, other people complained that too before" Huhhhh???

Fellows, I won't recommend this motel ever. I have stayed many other motels because its my hobby to stay in different motels and hotels but I've never been this much disappointed before.

Thanks for your time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Tim J

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Petrolia, Ontario
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stopped in a week ahead and asked to see a room so I had an idea of what I would be getting. The service was friendly and she had no problem giving me a preview before I booked. The motel is showing its age but was clean enough and the bed was comfortable. As another reviewer said, (I may have had the same room!) there was no bathroom mirror, sink plug, towel rack or coat rack. I did enjoy a leisurely bath in the heart shaped tub but the Jacuzzi jets did not work. A couple of light bulbs were burned out as well. Fortunately I travel with an extension cord or using (my own) blow dryer at the mirror over the desk would have been difficult. I can't comment on the breakfast as I had a meeting to attend. Most of the issues were not terribly important for one night, but the biggest problem was the internet connection which could not be maintained even after calling the office and asking them to reboot the modem. Of the list of available connections, two other nearby motels had stronger strength and the one next door was the best of all. Too bad I couldn't have their password! It is in consideration of the price ($39/night) that I am giving them a 3/5.

Room Tip: Realize you will be staying at an older motel with second-hand furnishings but the bed was comfortab...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank PLKG
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The room had been recently renovated, but they forgot a bathroom mirror, sink plug, towel rack & coat hooks. The problems could be fixed for less than $100 per unit. The bed was good & there was a nice heart shaped tub.It was clean. The breakfast was not worth bothering with. The staff (2 ladies) were nice, but not well acclimatized to Canada, serving butter on a stick with the fruit.
There is an interesting sign in the lobby: "once you have paid, you cannot cancel". So do not be fooled by the photos, it is a very ordinary motel with some inside upgrades. The exterior needs work, it is in poor condition.

Room Tip: Bring your own mirror & sink plug.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank adzy40
Brampton, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We stayed at this motel August 4th for the first and last time ever! this place was really sketchy & dirty. As soon as we stepped into the room it had this mold smell to it. the ac was on max so guessing the smell was coming from there. the mirrors had finger prints all over them like they haven't been cleaned. the shower had a open pack of soap in it (not like I was going to use it in the first place) the sheets had cigarette holes all over them paint & wood chipping off the door & mouldings. There were people what seemed to be living there they had their door open and the room was a disaster clothes everywhere. kids playing in the parking lot because they said the little slide for kids to play there were screws sticking up out of the wood. in the morning you can hear people talking & kids running around screaming. The stairs was closed off because the concrete was cracking & breaking off the steps. this place is a nightmare the pictures look really deceiving do not stay here... the health & safety board should shut this place down, not fit to stay here that's for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank courtney M
Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 31 July 2013

This was the all time WORST hotel experience of my life. I don't even know where to begin, so I will leave a list
- Arrived late and was welcomed by a drunken man stumbling through the parking lot and a woman who was clearly high (and half naked) screaming at US to shut up.
- Tried to check in and was welcomed by a woman who got mad at us because we were a team and teams are "too rowdy" (....read on....)
- Had to walk over a drunken passed out man to get into our room
- Got yelled at and asked if we had any heroin when we went to our car
- Stains on sheets and pillows, broken through bathroom door, stains and bugs in bathtub, "Arkona Motel" written in white-out on microwave, peeling wall paper, etc.etc.
- Got NO sleep all night because of a domestic going on outside... two women screaming and fighting over drugs, chasing each other. Another man involved later on. Called the front desk multiple times to now answer. Called cops 3 times. Car windshields broken in.
- In the morning we said we were NOT staying the following night and the owner was shocked and said she could do nothing about a refund. Said she "heard nothing" the night before and couldn't do anything for us.
I am SHOCKED at the price of this hotel and that it even has 1 star. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends