“Good Hotel, Bad Customer Service”

Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I booked this hotel from Choicehotels website. 3 ppl, 2 beds. I noticed that the price it was shown on the web and the price I got charged on my credit card was different; 51 dollars more. So, I called Choicehotels customer service and they agreed that there is a problem with the system and they said it was fixed. I waited a few weeks and even after my stay, the price hasn’t been fixed, so I then send a second complain directly to the hotel by saying this is such a fraud. She said I don’t know who you talked before, you are threatening us and she explained "we charge bla bla bla for three people." but I clicked 3 ppl on the web, so I sent an original copy of the reservationwhich shows the price for 3. (I actual kept a copy of the price on my pc alt/ctrl/printscreen when I noticed). She then finally inversed 51 dollars. I asked her to fix the system for future customers, but she refused and instead, she asked me to use the Canadian ChoiceHotel website. So be careful if you are booking through ChoiceHotels.com.

Overall, It was a good hotel, bad customer service, I dont know why they dont communicate with the ChoiceHotels cumstomer service either. I put too much effort on fixing the price of one night stay in Niagara.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Although I encourage people to post reviews on trip advisor to assist other guests when making a decision to stay at our property. However when the reviews are totally false that is when this becomes a huge problem.
I have never received a complaint about our stay from Choice Hotels whether Canadian or American. So I have to believe you might have the wrong property.
We do have an extra person charge of 10.00 per person over 2 adults in a room but never 50.00.
Sorry your experience with a choice brand was not a good one but we strive to make sure all our guest have a great experience

Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel on April 20th. I thought the updates they had in the room were wonderful. I loved it! I believe the rep helping us was Sandra? She was so nice and explained everything thoroughly for check in.The price was great considering it included free parking. Location was right acoss the street from the casino. The only complaint I had was the walls are paper thin, you could hear everything thing. Unfortunate for us we were stuck next to someone celebrating his bday so they were up ALL night drinking and going in and out. I'm a light sleeper so I didn't get much rest. :(. However I understand it was his bday so I didn't bother calling the front desk and complaining. It was only one night so we dealt with it. I'd go to this spot again if they would fix the "thin walls".

1  Thank tanya r
Reviewed 16 April 2012

When choosing a short stay vacation property I try to consider what I'm really looking for out of my stay. Clean and comfortable are always on my list...at the very top. If I'm going to actually spend time in the room or on the property then I may want some specific amenities. But, with Niagara, I was looking for something that was within walking distance of the falls and fairly inexpensive. we weren't planning to be in the room much, as we wanted to explore the falls and the gorge. The Quality was a perfect choice. I booked for about $73 a night and it included breakfast and free parking. The walk to the falls is just down the hill about five minutes. The breakfast was interestingly enough served next door at Coco's Lounge which is part of the Holiday Inn. You have to stop by the Quality's front desk each morning and pick up your breakfast coupon for next door. Then you take it to the restaurant and have a choice of free hot or cold breakfast or you can pay $5.99 for the whole buffet. The hot breakfast is eggs, toast and choice of bacon, sausage or ham. It's plenty of food and good. The cold breakfast is choice of cold cereal and a muffin or sweet roll. You also get coffee and juice if you ask. Now back to the room, which is a bit interesting. They renovated many of the rooms and they now have hardwood floors, a big change from hotel carpeting. It does feel a bit cleaner, but I would still bring house shoes. The rooms are older, the whole hotel is, but they've added interesting updates that seem a bit odd or out of place with the older modeling of the rooms, but I appreciate the attempt. We had a single queen sized bed and it was comfortable and clean. The first morning was really noisy but we had turned off the wall unit because the room got warm. I got up and turned on the fan only on the wall unit and the sound helped drown out the outside noise. I would recommend that, as we pretty much kept it running each night after that first one to help drown out noise from the neighboring casino and other sounds. The bottom line is the room was clean and comfortable and we werent in it much each day. The pool is in its own building sort of attached, so you do have to go outside to access. But it was really nice and warm and felt great. The attached hot tub was also nice.

Room Tip: There is no elevator in the buildings outside of the main building where the office is, so be prepar...
2  Thank Cherrighost
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our property. We strive on making sure our guests have a wonderful experience and continue to work on our customer service and room quality.

As our website states, our breakfast is served on the off season Oct. to June at our sister property next door and then in June our breakfast bar will open for your convenience.

Our property does have two sections to it with on being a motel style courtyard but if you need the convenience of an elevator be sure to choose our tower rooms

Thank you again and hope to see you soon
Donna Mancuso
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 10 April 2012

The hotel is very close to the falls. It has a free parking for the guests and a adequate light breakfast (coffee, cereals or toast and juice). The room is spacious and clean. The rate is very convenient, so I recommend this place if you want a good quality price ratio.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
fallsviewmanager, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on this site.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay at our property and hope to see you again in the
near future.

We strive to make sure you have a wonderful experience here and hearing that you did
makes are work that more enjoyable.

Donna Mancuso
Guest Services Manger

Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stayed at the Quality Inn on the Family day long weekend for 1 night. Check in was smooth. The staff were not overly friendly, but were still nice.

The only bad thing I have to say about this hotel is its appearance on the outside. It looks very old and dumpy which made me nervous when we pulled in. However, I stayed in a King bedroom and the room was very nice..sort of small but it was still nice. You could tell they renovated as the rooms looked pretty modern. The bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was also small and could be a bit cleaner but still did the job. The room even had a balcony which faced the casino. We were very pleased with the room, but when we were checking out we saw a room across from us that had hardwood floors, fire place, nicer furniture and looked even nicer than ours! Next time we will ask for that room! Also, I could hear a lot of noises at night because our room was right near the elevator and equipment room. However, I eventually fell asleep and slept straight until we had to check out. Check out also went smoothly.

The best thing about this hotel is the location! It was right next to the Casino, skylon tower, imax theatre, and several restaurants such as Coco's, Margaritaville, Brasa brisilian steak house, romano's macaroni grill and the list could go on and on. It was also less than a 5 minute drive to Clifton Hill. Another bonus of this hotel is that it offers free parking which was very convenient as most hotels charge an additional 10-20 dollars for parking.

Yet another bonus is that the hotel offers free breakfast. Breakfast was served next door at the Holiday Inn but it was in the attached restaurant Coco's. They offered a choice of either cereal, muffins, juice and coffee, OR bacon, eggs, toast, juice and coffee, Or Sausages, eggs, toast, juice and coffee. I had bacon which was kind of over cooked but still hit the spot, and we also tried the sausages which were pretty good. eggs are eggs and tasted good. Only complaint about breakfast was that the coffee wasn't very hot and I was too lazy to ask for another pot.

Overall, I had a really pleasant stay at the Quality Inn. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is not overly picky. Very good value and would stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for the room with hardwood floors and fireplace. Also ask for a room that is not too close to th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cristinaxo
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I stayed at the Quality Inn on Jan 28th for 2 nights. While the room was OK I was extremely disappointed at the level of customer services provided by the front desk staff.The front desk was given strict(orders per her statement) to disallow guest any use of printers even the boarding passes or driving directions.However, I was instructed to go to the holiday inn next door and use their business center.20 ff weather but I walked there to find out they didn't even have a business center..The desk clerk said their software had a virus and couldnt look up anything in their computer. I asked fo the Manager's card and left. Breakfast was not served at the Quality Inn as listed on their website.No effort was made to explain why they had services listed but not provided. I am an avid traveler and choice hotels are a pleasure stay with this particular hotel staff made it difficult for me to add any positive feed back in customer service..

Room Tip: Balcony rooms offer falls view.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Fazia M
Reviewed 24 January 2012

15 mins walk from main street, 5 mins walk from falls, 1 minute from Skylon tower. Rooms were modernly renovated with....wait for it....hardwood floors! Room heaters a bit noisy.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple