“Great location-horrible room”

Quality Hotel Fallsview Cascade
Ranked #13 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I booked hotel months in advance and after reading other reviews , I checked in right on time to make sure I got a good room. However the hotel was booked solid and the desk attendant made it seem like I was getting a great room after I inquired about a diamond member upgrade. He stated " you are lucky as you are in the fourth floor" walked in room and the carpet was so filthy and stained,that it was all I can remember about the room along with the old, outdated furniture and REALLY loud AC unit. I suppose that it being a tourist destination, the hotel may feel that they do not have to keep rooms in great shape. On that note, I paid $20 less the next two days in a gorgeous, clean larger room in Toronto Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here during our recent trip to the falls. Check in was quick, easy and the front desk staff was friendly. The hotel is in a great location if you are looking to stay closer to the falls as opposed to the Clifton Hill area and the hustle and bustle. They offer free parking while staying there which is a big plus as we have paid as much as an extra $20 a night for parking. We stayed in the tower part of the hotel and had a great view of the falls. The room was clean and I loved that they have replaced the carpet with "wood" floors. I always hate walking on the carpet in hotels no matter what the rating. The hotel is located right across the street from the casino which if you are looking to gamble is also a plus. The other positive things about this hotel are the fact that they also offer free WiFi and free breakfast in the morning. On the down side there were some cosmetic repairs needed in the room. There was a cracked tile where the tile meets the wood flooring, a very large crack on the ceiling and some wallpaper that was starting to lift off. Over all it was a nice stay and for the price and location I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 603 which is a Jacuzzi room with a balcony and a great view of the falls.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KLynn_23
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family stayed here for 3 nights last weekend. We were very pleased with the location. You are not going to get a hotel closer to the falls unless you are going to play over $230 a night and it has FREE wifi, FREE parking and FREE BREAKFAST. Trust me I looked for weeks. It is not a 4 star hotel, but if you want a clean comfortable room close to the falls this is it. If you want to a view of the falls, ask for a tower room facing the falls. We were on the the 4th floor (room 404). Good view. Could see most of fireworks from the balcony (i would try to get a higher floor room for a better view but we were satisfied with what we had.) The breakfast was acceptable (cereal,toast, muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit cocktail...nothings fancy, but it put something in our bellies and we didn't have to spend $25 on breakfast, I have two growing boys...they eat a ton and this saved us some cash. It does get busy so be patient. I do wish they would have changed it up a little. it got boring after 3 days, but hey it was free and it served its purpose) there is WEGO bus stop right beside the hotel. If you buy they adventure pass for all the niagara activities, you get to ride the bus free for 2 days. We just hopped on and off it was great! (they red line always takes you back to the hotel...very convenient. There is a cocos restaurant right beside the hotel with AWESOME brick oven pizza and and outdoor seating. I agree that the hotel is a little dated, but they have renovated the rooms and it was clean. Our facet under the shower did have a hold under it that definitely needs fixed. I told the front desk and housekeeping. They seemed to take my concern seriously and I hope they fix it for the next guest. As I said it is clean. But they also need to keep up on the maintenance or it could go bad fast. But right now I think this place is a a hidden gem. (i hope it stays that way). The one disappointment was no refrigerator. We stayed for 3 nights and that really would have helped. You could rent one for $15 a day, but they were out of them. I prob. wouldn't have spend the money anyway. We would without a doubt stay here again. I don't think there is a better deal for the location.

Room Tip: ask for a tower room facing the falls.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Robin P
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 days while visiting Niagara Falls. This hotel is very close to the falls and is well within walking distance. Since everybody around here charges for parking, it's a HUGE benefit to be so close AND that this hotel does not charge their guests to park there. (Watch other hotels..they WILL charge their guests.) The shower and the bed were EXCELLENT!!! Very comfortable and nice pillows. Had a Jacuzzi in the room that was clean and worked perfectly! The only 2 complaints we had were 1.- there was a cracked tile on the floor in our floor. Since it was a piece that separated the tile from the laminated wood floor, it was a obvious piece and one that you could cut your foot on. Secondly the hot breakfast was ok. There was a lot to choose from but the quality could be better and when the room is full (it holds a lot of people) there should be more than one employee trying to fill the missing food/drink items. I counted 10 items out of stock at once. The employee eventually got them all filled but it takes a while when you're the only one working in there. And the crowds keep taking what is put out and available. The staff was very nice and the ice machine works great! Ask for the larger unit. We had the a floor room with a partial view of the American Falls. Great when the fireworks happen every Wednesday and Friday!!!

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor facing the falls.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McBoomer
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed here on a one night trip as we were heading to Toronto. The hotel was very dated, but everything was clean and comfortable. The best part was the location - we were right by the Skylon Tower and had a view of the American Falls right from our balcony. We could even watch the fireworks over the falls right from our beds, which was great for our two children as the show did not start until after 10pm - well past their bedtimes.

The pool area was small, but we enjoyed ourselves. The kids loved the hot tub right connected to the pool. The only issues we had with the entire stay were a few minor misses: the hot tub could have been a bit warmer as it really felt more like a warm bath, the shower in the bathroom was more designed for a young child than a full sized adult as the shower head really sprayed more my back than anywhere close to my head (this is a major pet peeve of both myself and my wife), finally the breakfast buffet was not as nice as at some Choice Hotels. Overall - the price was great, the location was great, the staff was friendly and helpful and we had a great time - the kids were even talking about the next visit to see the fireworks again.

Room Tip: I would suggest a room with the view of the falls - floors 5-7 seem to offer the best potential view...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ReunionTravelers
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The location of this hotel is great. I particularly like the friendly and helpful staff. I have stayed here a few times, and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. Free Parking is nice and the free breakfast is also decent. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jessica450
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My Girlfriend and i had tickets to a show at the Casino so i decided to book here, I ordered flowers for the occasion and i expected them to be at the front desk at check in but no the people working in the lobby were nice enough to have them in our room. We had a room in the tower so we could see the falls from our balcony, When we were checking out the next day the lobby staff were nice to us again by letting us leave our motorcycles there while we walked across the street to see our concert ( free parking very rare in Niagara Falls). We are planning to go back in the fall and we will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: We had a tower room facing Murray st, It was a bit loud untill the patios closed but it didn't b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple