“Lovely Weekend at the Greystone”

Greystone Manor Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 67 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Brampton,Ontario
“Lovely Weekend at the Greystone”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Greystone B&B. The historic house is beautiful with many original features and our room and ensuite were large and very comfortable and clean. We had a tv, and a small refrigerator with water bottles provided. The breakfast was tasty and hearty with fresh fruit, yogurt, two different quiches and ham, pancakes or french toast,orange juice and tea or coffee. There were also home-made sugar cookies and tea set out in the gorgeous dining room for us to enjoy anytime we wanted. We were not hungry! Our hosts, Barbara and Sam, were charming and full of information about the history of the house and the surrounding area. Greystone is situated across the street from the Niagara River not far from the Falls. The rates were also very reasonable.

Room Tip: The Jade Room is big with a big ensuite which has a bath tub and a shower.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed 3 February 2014

What an amazing time we shared at the Greystone! Barbara and Sam were the perfect hosts and a most delightful couple to talk with. The accomodations were excellent and the food was far beyond what many places offer. The B&B is well appointed and met all our expectations.
The breakfast table was fit for royalty and that is what they made us feel like!! Everything you could want is within walking distance and that makes the place even more appealing. We will deffinetly return and will feel as if we are visiting old friends. John and Victoria

Room Tip: The Jade room is amazing
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Barbara was a gracious host despite her recent take over of the popular Greystone Manor b&b. Her being a novice, did not even show. Her food was fantastic, she was gracious, let her guest feel free to use the main space as they wished. It was like we were invited to our familys home, with enough space to do as we like. The perfect match of personal and impersonal. I would love to go back!
Wifi, amazing food, fireplaces, comfy furniture and an amazing host.

Also we were a lesbian couple and they were totally cool with it. So don't be discouraged with the change of ownership LGBT people.

Room Tip: Get the room on the south side best view.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ameara M
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Sam and Barb made our weekend. My girlfriend and I just returned home from an amazing weekend Niagara vacation and we cannot stop raving. The Manor itself is absolutely beautiful. Being built in 1908, it was really nice to see a lot of original parts of the house perfectly restored. The common area in particular with the beautiful rustic piano, fireplace and 'homey' atmosphere was just spectacular. Our room was spotless. We stayed in the Topaz room, which was a converted carriage house. Tastefully decorated with our own microwave. :) (an amenity not offered with the other rooms). Our hosts Sam and Barbara were amazing. So accommodating and helpful with directions, ideas, and history lessons :). The breakfast, oh the breakfast. Being not really big breakfast people, we filled up fast. Cleverly designed sliced fruit bowl arrangements, homemade banana bread/muffins, homemade cranberry scones from heaven, and a Mediterranean quiche that is out of this world. And that was only day one! Breakfast two was just as tasty and filling with Eggs Benedict, a lemon pudding cake (which I highly recommend), and a hash brown/potato dish that I didn't have because I was so full from everything else! The place settings were so classic. I found myself asking what certain items on the table were, like a crystal "knife rester" so you have somewhere to put your knife when it's dirty and you don't want to dirty the table cloth. The gold and copper filigree rimmed plates, original coffee spoons. The whole experience was phenomenal. In closing, don't look any further if you want an amazing stay with some amazing, courteous hosts :) And yes I do say amazing quite often, but once you visit you'll see it was warranted :) Thanks again Barb and Sam! Keep up the great work :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Matt K
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Greystones Manor is a really fantastic place to stay. I came from China and one of my friends suggested me to stay in B&B if I want to experience Canadian culture. Then I choose Greystone Manor because it is quite near the center of the city. The house is classical and the setting made me feel a very traditional Canadian atmosphere. The room that I stayed called "Opal", it is very clean and made me feel comfortable. The most thing that impressed me was the breakfast!! The food was served as family style which I never had when I was in China. I could actually talk with guest and the owner of the house. It was really nice talk that make me feel a nice day start in the morning:). By the way, the banana muffin that I had was the best one in Canada hah:)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Joanna Z
GreystoneManorBB, Owner at Greystone Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 December 2013
thank you !. it was such a pleasure to chat with you and talk about cultural differences between your country and Canada. I think you meant to type in that your visit was in December. 12/10 not 10/12. but that is ok- I remember exactly who you were because you are so sweet. I smile at your comment about my banana muffin and wonder how many you have actually tried in Canada. lol . And I also still wonder about your question as to why the Niagara Region is called the banana belt when we don't grow bananas. I will need to research that. Enjoy the rest of your Canadian adventures !
Lisbon
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Greystone Manor while celebrating our most recent Thanksgiving weekend. Everything about our mini Holiday was wonderful. Barbara and Sam went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The room was just as we expected from the website's description and perfect for what we wanted. We stayed for two nights so had two fantastic breakfasts. Barbara made me sugar free muffins which were excellent that accompanied a "Mediterranean" menu. The next morning she served Eggs Benedict, pancakes, hash browns,..and on both days we had to skip lunch!! The atmosphere was warm and inviting. We would stay at Greystone Manor again and have already recommended it to many of our family and friends.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank stgwest
Brantford, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2013

My husband and I were the very first guests to stay at the Greystone Manor-in the Topaz room- the day the new Owners (Barbara and Sam) took possession. I must say, prior to going we had read many amazing reviews on this B&B and were expecting it to be just that!! Well, I am proud to say, that as the new owners, Barbara and Sam have lived up to the reviews and expectations on this B&B and they were wonderful!!!!

We were greeted with a friendly and welcoming smile, offered a tour of the B&B, escorted to our room (which was beautiful and exceptionally clean), enjoyed a delicious homemade breakfast in the morning... (and my husband is still saying that the homemade scones were the best he has ever tasted :) There was lots of food to go around and a wide variety to foods to choose from. We engaged in such warm and inviting conversation around the breakfast table and to top it off, they went above and beyond for us to make our stay feel like the relaxing weekend getaway that we needed! It was perfect!

For all of you who may be wondering or worrying that the New Owners may not live up to the standards of Rob and Bill, rest assured, that you will have a wonderful stay with Barbara and Sam! Give them a chance and you will not be disappointed! We couldn't be happier with the service, the food, the accommodations and friendly, inviting atmosphere!!! We will be coming back to Greystone Manor very soon for our next stay in Niagara very soon!!!!

Thanks Barbara and Sam!!!! :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple