“Simple, clean, spacious, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Edgecliff Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
The Edgecliff Inn
Ranked #118 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Ontario Canada
“Simple, clean, spacious, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2008

We stayed at the Happiness Inn for Canada day long weekend in 2007. We booked online and had no problems. We stayed for 3 nights.
The location is great, about 10-15min walk from the falls
and right on the main rd if you want to go to Niagara on the lake or other attractions.
If you want a hotel right downtown by the falls and want to pay a lot more thats fine. You could take cabs back and forth and it would still be cheaper then staying in the downtown area.

We did not stay in the jaccuzi suites, but just a regular room
on the second level facing the pool. Everything is outdated
but very clean. The rooms were huge. The beds were comfertable. The pool very clean. There is a place for breakfast
right around the corner also.

This is not a luxurious place. So if thats what you are looking for this is not the place for you. But if you dont want to pay a lot and want somewhere comfertable to sleep its perfect!
Any questions please feel free to contact me.

• Liked — clean, location
  • Disliked — outdated
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mela026

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2008

I stayed there with my wife the past weekend, this place was quite good for it's money. Not only did I get a large room, they have free wireless internet which I thought was amazing for the price!

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Too busy!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank compusav099
chatham
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

employees seemed friendly, rooms not very modern but okay. However they were not as clean as they shouldhave been, my husband spent 7 hrs in emergency to find out he had an allergic reaction to bed bugs!! We were there with a large group as my sister was getting married, when she arrived on Friday at about 5pm she opened the door to her room to find it had not been cleaned as well as a few other members of our party.. Condom wrappers were found by the pool in a bird bath.. Looked like there may also have been locals living at the hotel. When I called to find out about getting some refund back I was told they would get back to me and I am still waiting a week later.. We also found out someone from Ireland was charged $144.00 for one night when we were paying 89.00. Total rip off !! save your self money and a trip to the doctors and stay somewhere else!!!

Stayed July 2008
2 Thank red741

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2007

We reserved two jaccuzi rooms for two nights and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is close enough to travel back and forth from the falls inexpensively and yet far enough away to be secluded and be able to sit out on the balcony and enjoy good conversation without a lot of noise surrounding us. The staff was pleasant, the rooms were clean and they even have a gas grill that is available for guests to use free of charge. The rooms on both sides of ours were occupied by families with very small children and we never heard a peep. All four of us agreed that we would recommend this establishment to anyone who is traveling to the Falls and looking for reasonable accomodations. We plan on returning to the Falls and we wouldn't stay anywhere else but the Happiness Inn.

• Liked — Loaction of hotel and room layout.
  • Disliked — No facial tissue and only one waste paper basket.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2006

I made some reservation (family suite) on July 22 - 25 online and got approved. On the next day I've got call that my reservation is canceled. Their explanation was that the suite was reserved to someone else with 6 people. If the room was sold out why in the website the suite was available? I felt terrible and I knew that they have same price on July 29 and I asked them to make reservation on July 29 but I've got another problem, it's been changed to higher rate then it was earlier. I really didn't like this approach because when I got confirmation the next day I gave notice for vacation at my work, my husband hardy got approvement for vacation in his job.
In future, if even they would be cheaper then others, I will never ever deal with them!!!

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Woodstock, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2004

I stayed at Happiness Inn 4 years ago and found it to be very clean, spacious, within walking distance to the Falls and other attractions, but far enough away so it is very quiet. I enjoyed being near the bus station as part of my vacation is going to the Shaw Festival at Niagara On-The-Lake and it was very convenient to catch the bus for the short ride...the best of both worlds. The owners are very friendly and went out of their way to make my stay very pleasant...It was so nice I am returning again this year in October.

1 Thank LeaC108
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2004

This is a really nice tourist class motel, rather Inn. It is very clean and close to the activites of Clifton Hill and the falls. The people mover transit goes by and take only minutes to get to the falls or could probably walk in about 20 minutes. I liked it for the quietness in the evenings when your ready to be away from all the people and noise of the main tourist zone. It has a lovely pool area surrounded by smaller trees and alot of flowers. They also provde plenty of chairs. The entire property is also surrounded by high trees which gives that privacy most people like. I would not hesitate to recommend this Inn to anyone looking for an inexpensive..well for Niagara, clean, friendly place to be. Great for families.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member