“Loved our stay at the Happiness Inn”
Review of The Edgecliff Inn

The Edgecliff Inn
Ranked #118 of 129 Hotels in Niagara Falls
PA
“Loved our stay at the Happiness Inn”
Reviewed 24 July 2007

We reserved two jaccuzi rooms for two nights and really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is close enough to travel back and forth from the falls inexpensively and yet far enough away to be secluded and be able to sit out on the balcony and enjoy good conversation without a lot of noise surrounding us. The staff was pleasant, the rooms were clean and they even have a gas grill that is available for guests to use free of charge. The rooms on both sides of ours were occupied by families with very small children and we never heard a peep. All four of us agreed that we would recommend this establishment to anyone who is traveling to the Falls and looking for reasonable accomodations. We plan on returning to the Falls and we wouldn't stay anywhere else but the Happiness Inn.

• Liked — Loaction of hotel and room layout.
  • Disliked — No facial tissue and only one waste paper basket.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Reviewed 20 June 2006

I made some reservation (family suite) on July 22 - 25 online and got approved. On the next day I've got call that my reservation is canceled. Their explanation was that the suite was reserved to someone else with 6 people. If the room was sold out why in the website the suite was available? I felt terrible and I knew that they have same price on July 29 and I asked them to make reservation on July 29 but I've got another problem, it's been changed to higher rate then it was earlier. I really didn't like this approach because when I got confirmation the next day I gave notice for vacation at my work, my husband hardy got approvement for vacation in his job.
In future, if even they would be cheaper then others, I will never ever deal with them!!!

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Woodstock, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2004

I stayed at Happiness Inn 4 years ago and found it to be very clean, spacious, within walking distance to the Falls and other attractions, but far enough away so it is very quiet. I enjoyed being near the bus station as part of my vacation is going to the Shaw Festival at Niagara On-The-Lake and it was very convenient to catch the bus for the short ride...the best of both worlds. The owners are very friendly and went out of their way to make my stay very pleasant...It was so nice I am returning again this year in October.

1 Thank LeaC108
Reviewed 10 August 2004

This is a really nice tourist class motel, rather Inn. It is very clean and close to the activites of Clifton Hill and the falls. The people mover transit goes by and take only minutes to get to the falls or could probably walk in about 20 minutes. I liked it for the quietness in the evenings when your ready to be away from all the people and noise of the main tourist zone. It has a lovely pool area surrounded by smaller trees and alot of flowers. They also provde plenty of chairs. The entire property is also surrounded by high trees which gives that privacy most people like. I would not hesitate to recommend this Inn to anyone looking for an inexpensive..well for Niagara, clean, friendly place to be. Great for families.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 June 2004

Nice hotel, rooms are OK. I did not like 11am check-out time (not flexible a bit, even though it was out of season).
Average motel.

Reviewed 12 September 2003

The Happiness Inn is a nice place to stay for the money. It's an older motel that has been renovated. The rooms are a little old and the walls a bit thin. However we didn't spend too much time in the room anyways.
There is so much to do in Niagara Falls all we needed was a place to sleep and nothing more. The room rate was the most reasonable I could find. It is a bit of a walk to the falls from the motel but parking anywhere near the falls is a nightmare and expensive. That distance also helps keep things quiet, after spending the evening on Clifton Hills the noise levels there are deafening. It was nice to drive back to the motel and hear the crickets chirping. Overall the Happiness Inn met my expectations, didn't exceed them but the staff was friendly and the room was clean. They require a $20 key deposit and hand you the TV remote control when you check-in which seemed a bit amusing but worked out OK. If you don't want to pay outrageous amounts of money for a room in Niagara Falls, ON then the Happiness Inn is worth checking in to.

• Stayed September 2003
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 July 2003

I stayed at the Inn about 2 yrs ago. The room was a basic room, no better or worse than the one the Luxor in Las Vegas hosts. The swimming pool was what we all enjoyed most. It is heated ans crystal clean. The Inn is located just a few blocks from the Canadian Falls but not so close that the area is congested with people or traffic. I already have reservations to return again this year, 2003. Thank you Happiness Inn.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member