“Not As Bad As It Seems”

Ranked #76 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Cleveland, Ohio
“Not As Bad As It Seems”
Reviewed 15 September 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our one-night, two-day trip to Niagara Falls. Due to recently returning from our honeymoon, he was looking for a more affordable play to stay. This one was an okay choice, but he did say he was hesitant to bring me there based on what he'd seen about the place online. It is un-impressive as you arrive, and the lobby area looks like someone tried really hard to make it not look sketchy. Our room was okay (we mostly just wanted to be sure it had a lock), and thankfully it did not smell of smoke like the stairwell and hallways did. We were nervous about the sheets, but didn't find any stains or anything. The room was clean enough, and worked fine for one night. In the morning, we could not find the "continental breakfast," even after we asked the front desk girl. I was glad to leave, but it was an okay place for one night.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank thePrettysDoTravel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Amherst, Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband and I arrived w/out reservations and shopped around for a decent, clean hotel. Our preference was to be within a 10-minute drive of the falls. after checking out two other facilities, we settled on the america's best inns & suites and were VERY satisfied with everything. The room was fine, and there was always someone available whenever we needed them. If you're looking for extras like complimentary breakfasts, or swimming pools or anything, then this is not the place for you. but if you simply want a nice place to rest in between excursions to the Falls, I highly recommend it. oh, and it had a refrigerator and microwave too; PLUS great rates! The Washingtons

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ww4320
Bilal_Sheikh, Manager at America's Best Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thanks for your valuable comments. looking Forward to see you again !
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Needed a place to stay for one night while in Niagara Falls for a wedding. This place was relatively inexpensive compared to other motels/hotels in the area. Stayed in simple but newly renovated room. A/C, TV and bar fridge all worked well and there was plenty of hot water. Bed was comfy and sheets were clean. Not the Ritz but for the cost it was perfect.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kusia1
Crysler, Ontario
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We met family members there and we were happy with the place. We spent 2 nights there and we got to see the falls and marineland. The place was clean, television worked fine, lots of hot water, nice bar fridge, we sure needed a place to keep our beverages cold. The temperature was around 35 degrees. The air conditioning worked great too so we slept well. We even asked for chairs to sit outside and they provided us with some right away. The staff were really nice. No complaints about the place ... eh! you get what you pay for. The rates are really cheap so don't expect luxury.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Cl0utier
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2011

After reading all the reviews here, i was a little bit reluctant to book for it but this was the low price motel i could find in the area which was near the Falls itself. And trust me, found it very much different from reviews !! I think the management have taken some steps after reading the reviews here. lol The adjacent resturant was also good.
Would definately recommend this !!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Jolliana
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I booked this place online, but afterward read some bad reviews then I called the place but they assured me that there is a new management now and they did new renovations and it's not like before so I decided to give it a shot. What a mistake I made, after arriving there, they took 10 min. to figure out that I had made reservations and they wanted me to pay upfront for the 2 nights. Anyhow the horror starts inside the room, very smelly, There was a bag full of garbage in my room that was not taken out, I saw the lady that cleaned the rooms, she was smoking inside the rooms while she cleaned and I asked for a non smoking room. There was a dead fly on the mirror, there was no place to hang your cloths. The place is like 45 min. walk to the falls, so way too far. The first night I could not sleep because of flies in the room, it took me 1/2 hr to kill them. The next day after we came back at night, they took our old towels off the floor and folded them and put them as new, it was disgusting. They didn't change the bed sheets at all, Now after two nights there I have like 20 bed bug bits on my body, I had to throw all my cloths in the garbage because I was afraid to bring them in my home. Aside from the new LCD TVs in there, which had a very crappy signal because they are probably splitting the cable to all their rooms and doing so gives you a very poor quality. There is nothing good to say about this place, If they gave $100 a night to sleep there I would not, I'd rather sleep in my car. Please don't waste your money there.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank yaviper

Travellers are raving about these Niagara Falls hotels

Ann Arbor, MI
Reviewed 9 July 2010

I went there almost exactly three years ago (see my previous review here, dated on 07/13/2007), and had a good experience; therefore, I stayed there again when I and my wife visited Niagara Falls on July 6, 2010. At the first time, I could not find near its previous location. After some minutes of moving around and asking people around there, Voila, I found it, but with a different name: “America’s Best Inn’s & Suites.” (Please remember this name; you never want to forget this if you go to Niagara Falls, Canada!) The Inn has now a new owner (from June, 2010), a new manager, and A NEW HORRIBLE QUALITY!

First of all, the inside room seems to be the same when we went inside (BTW, we paid $59 on TUESDAY, not weekends). However, here are list of problems: My room (#6, first floor) did not have a phone; but later found on a corner floor (not even cleaned) of room, appeared to be yanked from its original location. All these mean that they never cleaned the room except changing its linens and towels. They provided free wireless internet; but, its connectivity was so bad (with one bar) that I can barely check my emails. In the room, there was one plasma TV (which I saw three years ago), and one working refrigerator (thanks God! At the date outside temperature was 90s), and one non-working microwave. No cups, no coffee maker (no coffee, either), no telephone directory, etc.

In bathroom, there were only two towels; I mean TOTAL TWO (actually they can be three if I can include one small, hand-sized handkerchief). And, there was only ONE small soap, and one already used toilet paper. All these are everything I found in the bathroom. Even no cup for mouth washing, no brush, no disposable shampoo, no tissues for ladies, etc. When I asked and complained about these to the managers, I gave me four extra soaps; that was it! Even at the time, I could feel that he seemed to be annoyed at my request!

Actually, its location was relatively far away from the Falls; therefore, we did not have any reasons to stay there without our previous good experience. I almost cried when I saw Econo Lodge by the Falls’ sale price of $49 long after coming out of the Inn for dinner. I do not other hotels or inns, but I definitely warn you not to even think about Cliffton Inn and its new name: America’s Best Inn’s & Suites (with a slight address change from 7074 Lundy’s Lane to 7070; I do not know why they did).

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple