“Gruesome!!!”
Review of Dutch Inn Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Niagara Falls
Dutch Inn Motel
Ranked #119 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
New York City, New York
“Gruesome!!!”
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Please don't book yourself into this nightmarish spooky dirty gruesome motel. The owners were not helpful, they were rude, did not allow my pet to stay in, rooms were dirty, smelly just uninhabitable. STAY AWAY IF YOU CAN.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
4 Thank Anonymousme2010

Solo
Business
Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2008

I don't understand how this inn was approved by Niagara authorities to operate. This inn is extremely dirty and has horrible smell. I should have listened to previous reviews. The washroom has no exhaust fan and toilet is clogged, so your room will be flooded. It was better to sleep in the car and my money just went to garbage.

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — extremely dirty and disgusting!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank pseudo123
Gatineau
Reviewed 11 July 2008

When we want to Niagara Falls last year, I booked this hotel because it was cheap and it was only for 2 nights.

When I first reserved, with ratestogo.com, I've been told that they would accept my cat with an extra fee.
Once arrived there, I asked the owner and he told me that not pets were allowed in their rooms...good thing because I would'nt even have my cat there!
It was so discusting...I finally let my cat in because it was too hot in the car for her to stay...
She was hiding under the bed so I went to reach for her but what I saw made me sick! Under the bed was all kind of papers, chips, cookies, condoms...I could not believe that!
I didn't even took my bath or shower because it was so dirty! The bath was black, with pubic hair. The toilet was worse. To hide the window, they used the blue fabric for the pool.
WHAT A NIGHTMARE.
Never again I will stay in DUTCH INN!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mel_2812
Boston, MA
Reviewed 24 August 2007

I am a twenty-something of modest income who is used to sleeping in hostels and cheap motels, who believes that money spent toward a trip, “is better spent on the trip, and not the place where you will only be sleeping.”

Now, that being said, I would like to tell you that the Dutch Inn in Niagara Falls is the most disgusting, decrepit, and contaminated space I have ever set foot in. Regrettably, we arrived well after midnight, and so were forced to spend the night.

Upon entering the room, I went to the bathroom and noticed that on the shower rod hung a pair of used, lace, women’s panties. The bathroom had a new soap cake, so someone had been in there, but the space had not been cleaned. There were pubic hairs in the shower drain, and on the walls. Also on the walls were dried rust colored droplets that resembled dried blood, as well as extensive cobwebs. The knobs to the shower faucet fell off when I turned them.

As for the bedroom: dirty shoeprints lined the walls and furniture. The only picture was cracked and turned upside down. There were cigarette burns on the furniture. That the room reeked and had extensive holes and stain should be a given at this point. The room had several insects in residence. “Oh I’ve dealt with bugs in rooms before, no big deal to me,” you may say. Really? Well how do you feel about BEES IN YOUR ROOM!?

The highpoint were the pillows. On one pillow, which I had to take because I was with my girlfriend, had a large faded black stain on one side. I slept on the other side, but during the night when I would re-adjust I noticed the side of my face that contacted the pillow was slightly damp.

Obviously the next and last night of our trip we changed hotels, but the owners insisted on charging us for the second night regardless. That day at the falls, I often found my thoughts fixated on the room, and how my face felt when nestled into that dirty damp pillow.

It was as if the room had molested me.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
11 Thank asydney99
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 July 2007

I had figured that for $50 a night, this hotel would be at least as nice and sanitary as the one I stayed at a month earlier in Mexico City for $18 per night...I was terribly wrong.

They couldn't find our reservation when we arrived and put us in one of the dankest, most visably filthy motel rooms that I have ever seen. The floor hadn't been vacuumed in ages, there were stains on everything, bugs were crawling around in the light fixture over the bed, and the shower definitely had not been cleaned (as a bar of soap clumped with hair from the previous guests was still sitting in there among some other crud). When I complained the next morning after seeing the shower, I was quickly brushed off.

I didn't expect anything luxurious by any means, but I did at least expect basic sanitary conditions. Avoid at all costs!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — sanitary conditions
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank traveler551
Guelph
Reviewed 22 October 2006

Terrible place to stay we had the room for about 5 hours, (we were only in the room for a total of an hour), before we saw a cockroach crawl across the table, went to the owner told him. He offered a new room then his wife came out and was aruging with us saying it was our fault, could have come in when we opened the door. We said we could not stay because we were afraid it might get into our luggage then bring it home with us. He then says what you don't have any bugs at your house and we replied certinaly not. They refused to give our money back so we left to find a much cleaner place to stay. Advice is check out the room before you pay.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The smell and cockroaches and the people who live there full time changing thier tires in the parking lot, very shaddy place!
  • Tips/Secrets — Steer Clear
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank loolee75
New York City
Reviewed 27 August 2006

I got the room via Hotwire, One Star, "NEAR" Niagara Falls.

The Hotel is about 20 Mins from the Falls in a very Seedy Area. Rooms were so tiny, I thought I was going to bang my head against the wall and had to sleep upside down.

They do not clean the rooms everyday, only once a week and therefore towels are not clean.

Owners were Indian and Hotel Smelled like from India (I want NO SMELLS) .

STAY AWAY!!!

One Star is too Generous, They Motel owes me Stars!!

Stayed August 2006