“Wonderful home, looks better in person”

Review of G.C.H Get Away

Master Bedroom
Master Walkout / En-Suite
2 Person Jacuzzi Tub
Glass/Tile Shower in En-Suite
Main Bathroom with double sink and tub/shower
Walk-out from Master Bedroom
Back of house / En-Suite Walkout
Flower Room
Laundry Room / 3rd Bathroom with stand-up shower
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

jdphamm
Toronto, Canada
“Wonderful home, looks better in person”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 for a stay in December 2013
person found this review helpful

Beginning with the service, Lana and her husband were very friendly to speak with. Lana was helpful when making the booking and it was very simple and quick. When we arrived, they welcomed us and made us feel comfortable. Gave us a quick tour of the house, explained the rules and gave us information about the attractions nearby and taxi numbers should we need it.

The house was surprisingly more beautiful in person than you see in the pictures. I appreciated that nearly everything was in stock in the house including basic necessities in the washroom and bedrooms. The kitchen was fully equipped with pots and pans, spices, coffee, tea, towels, etc.The entire house was clean and organized, and that is what I like to walk into whenever I book a hotel or vacation rental. I think it's important to feel comfortable and have a good sleep, which I did.

The location of the property is perfect in my opinion. It is away from the loud hustle and bustle of the falls where you can enjoy a quiet vacation with your family and friends, yet only a 10 minute drive away from the Falls and other main attractions.

I enjoyed my stay and appreciated their hospitality. Highly recommend this holiday rental and hopefully we come back another day!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Travelling group: Extended Family
Reviewed 1 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

mlutz001
Kenton, Ohio
“So glad that we rented this beautiful home.”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Wanted to take my Mom for her dream vacation to see Niagara Falls. Was able to take my family of eight & still had enough room. Renting this home, cooking our own meals made this trip affordable but allowed us the time to bond for special memories that we will always cherish.

The location of this home put us at the center of all attractions. We followed the Niagara Parkway from Lake Erie to Lake Ontario, visiting all the beaches & attractions along the way. After being in the middle with all the other tourist, I was very thankful we could go back to the house for peace & quiet in a country setting. Loved the jet tub especially after all the walking we did.

Can not say enough about Lana & Nat. Their family helped us with knowledge for their country, maps, where to shop, park & they are just great people. They planned a big bon fire for the night my daughter & son in law were leaving. Made them feel really special. On our last night, we had a wiener roast & Nat made us homemade fries.

I have been planning this trip for two years, visited many sites for rentals & wished I had found this home first. I am thankful that we did, because Lana, Nat & their children are like extended family. Thank you for making our trip so special. Without your family, we could not have accomplished everything that we did. So thankful for you & will continue to keep in contact with your family. We will be back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The open floor layout & location.
Liked least: Could not stay longer. Canada is so beautiful.
Travelling group: Large Group
Reviewed 11 July 2013 for a stay in May 2013

People with disabilities Older travelers
Rugged travelers
MoFoScott...
Toronto, Canada
“Above and beyond”
Reviewed 11 July 2013 for a stay in May 2013

12 of us booked GCH Get Away for a bachelor party weekend in May. Lana and Nat went above and beyond in making us feel welcome, while also giving us the space to do our thing. While we were a little worried about creating excessive noise (after all, it was a bachelor party), they insisted that we have the good time that we all came for.

The property is huge and very well-kept, with plenty of space both indoors and outside. GCH Get Away is ideal not only for a group of guys on a bachelor weekend, but also for families and couples who are looking to get away and have the space to relax. Lana and Nat did a bunch of "little things" that really helped make the weekend go smoothly for us. I can't recommend them enough.

Liked best: Space, flexibility
Liked least: A little far removed from the city
Travelling group: Friends
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Leslie T
San Angelo, Texas, Usa
“Much Prettier than the pictures”
Reviewed 5 June 2013 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

The owners went out of their way to make us feel at home. I am in a wheelchair; so they built a ramp for me to be able to get into the house.
The house is very nice; and very well kept.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The open living area
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Reviewed 29 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$359
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing