“Wow! But the restaurant.......”

Falls Manor Resort and Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 66 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Pointe-Calumet, Canada
“Wow! But the restaurant.......”
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We came there with our dog in August-September. We stayed in the little cottages. We were searching for a nice place where we can let the dog alone sometimes in the day for do some activities where we can't bring him. It was a very nice place, little but enought big for us (2 people). It was very clean and the staff are very nice!! It takes 5-10 min. to go to the falls, and all the amenities are close to the motel. There's a clean bathroom and a LITTLE shower the only things is... no pressure and no hot water for a long time, so take with shower very fast if you don't like cold water ;) !! But for the price, if we compare to the others place near this one, it's really okay!!

The only negative point is the restaurant. We came there last day for breakfast before we left, we wait 10 min for somebody come to welcome us. The woman was not very nice and she told us to go sit where we want. We look at the menu (if you like bacon and eggs it's okay but I hope you don't like fruits and pancakes) and we wait 10 min again without any coffee or juice (even if the resto was almost empty) cause the waitress never came to ask us what we want to drink. We finally left the restaurant after 15min without even seeing the SUPER waitress, and go breakfast at the Almac's buffet where the service was EXCELLENT!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Bianca P, Owner at Falls Manor Resort and Restaurant, responded to this review, 17 December 2014
We would like to apologize for the less than appropriate behaviour from our waitresses. Often our waitresses are friendly and helpful. However, when we hear that our customers have not been treated with the utmost respect it upsets us. I hope when your in the area again you give us a second chance. I wish you would have asked to see a manager before getting up and leaving as we could have rectified the situation. I hope you give us a second chance in the future!!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We use this facility on a regular basis and find it clean, warm and friendly. Certainly worth a try. We go here about once a month throughout the year. The prices are excellent offering great value. Staff are friendly and helpful. It is like our home from home.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andrew B
Grantham, New Hampshire
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We wished we would have found this place earlier. Our valet actually told us about it on our last night. The food was way more affordable than down by our hotel and it was amazing!! I highly recommend the broasted chicken!! So good and the ribs were good too! Worth a stop. Next time we will be eating here more often!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank b_newhall
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We asked for a dog friendly cottage as we were traveling with two maltese. All the mattress corners were completely stained in urine, and the mattress looked as if they had reclaimed from the dump, the cable did not work, we had to fill the toilet tank with a bucket of water to flush the stool, overlarge furniture made it impossible to move about the room. There was so much dirt, filth and damage that we could not believe that they had the nerve to charge a $100 dog deposit. Worst hotel experience ever!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lori S
Port Hope
Reviewed 25 June 2012

The motel is O.k if you are on a serious budget. It was clean enough but the lighting is poor and it smelled like a litter box..too many pets allowed to stay. The beds are old and the walls have dents and scrapes but it actually was pretty clean and served its purpose. The location is decent if you want to go to the factory outlets but a short drive ot the falls and you definitely can't walk to the them. Like I said, it is 'so, so..' Nothing spectacular but it was budget friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JenPortHope
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I felt compelled to rate it just an average, because, well, it initially feels like just an average. But, really, it's a hilarious "very good". The place is just kinda goofy and the people staying there are, too, which makes it just that much better. And the fact you can get your own little cottage to stay with your pooch? I felt like I shoulda stayed there a week.

Now, I'll be honest, cleanliness appearance wasn't high on the mark, either. The cushions on the seats of their little table in the cottage, well, looked like someone was waiting to use the bathroom and just couldn't wait anymore, if you know what I mean.

The little cottages are LITTLE. But, it's still your own place. There's no one stomping over-head, there's no one blaring their TV next to you, you have and least 20ft between you and the next little cottage (like I said, if you get a cottage and if you have a pooch you have to). I can't believe more than one person, let alone 4, could stay in that cottage. The second bed was practically jammed against the dresser.

I felt so much like I was at home that I even went for my garage door opener when I pulled in next to it. I really felt kinda bad I was only passing through.

The individuals working at the front desk were very nice and when I checked-in, that woman was extremely helpful with all her tips (where to park to get to Niagra Falls (above Clifton Hill) and where to get Canadian money (at the bank -- not an exchange)).

I loved the fact that I was living next to one of the cooks and the cook's buddy. They were hilarious and knowing they were next to lil' ol' me and my pooch made me feel much safer.

On the other hand, there was a cottage almost across from me that, at one point, I wondered if they were on Ecstasy and having their own rave because they were wondering about their little cottage and hanging in their doorway with glow bands and stuff. They didn't bother me, but it made me wonder.

The bathroom was tiny and I had to squeeze to get to the toilet. The shower was just a shower but the water was extremely fast that the drain barely could catch up. It was a pretty darn good shower, though.

The TV was ridiculous. By some miracle I got the only channel to work once and it actually showed the hockey game (I think it was game 3 of the Finals at the time I was there). Then the TV and the channel died again -- but it was there for a moment.

Would I come back? you betcha -- and so would my dog. He just loved to sit out and sun himself. We found a nice little walking path along the electrical waterway that I would've been happy to explore further.

I did try their breakfast. I just got pancakes with strawberry compote, coffee, and OJ. Nothing special, but I did wonder if I should've gotten the waffles instead since they advertised for those . . . next time :)

Room Tip: Stay in the cottages.