“Get a room with a view!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel
Ranked #19 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We noticed the friendliness almost immediately. We got a suite room with a view of both falls and when we entered it, it was nicer then we could imagine. The view was spectacular.

1  Thank John V
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel

Reviewed 20 August 2011

my first time here was recomnded by my perants and they have stayed in all the hotels near the fallsview casino
they was so right loved the pool the breafast was great good service
I would go there agean in a heartbeat no more looking the embasy it will be from now on thank you MomDad ;)

Reviewed 19 August 2011

I just went there with my family on vacation. We had never been there. All the reviews said to stay on the Canadian side and they were right. It does offer a great view of the Falls. The Canadian side also has more to more offer in the way of restaurants and attractions The view of the Falls from our room was spectacular. I also liked the fact that it is an international vacation destination.

However...there was alot of nickel and diming by the hotel and other shops/restaurants. The "complimentary" chips and water cost $12.95 a day unless you canceled it. The valet parking was either $20 or $30 a day but the valet did not explain that clearly. There were also a lot of hidden fees and taxes. I felt like they were not being very honest about the prices. I knew it was a tourist trap but I thought Canadians were more trustworthy than this. In the souvenir shop things were marked on sale so we got a good deal but the cashier seemed to be unhappy about it.

Mostly I liked the trip and I'm glad we went. However the hidden fees and taxes as well as the sneaky way they're hidden can make budgeting for this trip a problem. I would have enjoyed it more if they would have been upfront about the cost. This was a good trip but make sure to look over every bill carefully.

1  Thank ken w
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I just returned from my first trip to Niagara Falls. I loved the falls and the view from my room was great. This was my first time staying at an Embassy Suites Hotel. Not sure if I will stay at another one ever again. The valet parking was $30 but it really is $34.90 after tax and we were never told it was per day. We just thought it was a one time charge. When I booked the hotel I asked what the total would be tax and everything and I was never told about the $50 charge per day that they add to your bill that will be refunded at checkout. What was the purpose of this? Was it in case the room was damaged? How would they know if it was or not at checkout? The day before I left for my trip I noticed on the internet that the rate for my room had gone down. I figured they would be able to adjust my rate at check-in. Not the case. I was told I had to bring them proof of the rate change. When I used the hotel computer to print out the proof I was told it was too late that I should have done it at check-in. Unbelievable! The complimentary package (6 water bottles, 1 small bag of popcorn and a map) was not complimentary but cost $12.95 per day. You could call the front desk and cancel it, which I did but it was still on my bill anyway. They did take it off for me. I told the person at the front desk that I would not recommend them to anyone and they didn't seem to care at all.

3  Thank gwoll94
Reviewed 19 August 2011

one of the best hotels i have stayed in . this was my fourth time and each time gets better .

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2011

the room i stayed was beutfull it was a jr. suite on the 34th floor ,the view was incredible of both falls.great big whirlpool in room and ample space.fair value for what it is $219 a night ,but well worth it compared to others around .the falls are defenitly better on the canadian side .which is where this hotel is BEWARE they dont tell you on the hilton page or other web sites it appears as Niagara, New York. and you do need a visa for entrance into Canada .but its definetly worth the money to obtain a permit and stay at this hotel once your in Canada.avoid the consiours desk its very poor service and mis representation of information. I recommend asking locals and casino near by for info on tours and shows.or the parking personnel they are very helpfull.internet is not wireless in room as they announce its one per room and with a cable there is a charge for it .The complimentary breakfast is outstanding ,everything you could want with outstanding service,beware of going between 8 and 10 there will be a wait its better done real early or after 10 am.The managers happy hour is o.k. not really worth breaking up your day for it .unless you really need a free drink.otherwise a great experience.NOTE dont bother with the I- Max theathe.,dont miss out on eating at THE KEG restaurant excellent steakhouse.

Room Tip: anything after the 24th floor ,facing both falls numbers ending in 01-04 best must eat at The keg ex...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I did book the room through the internet at excelent rate,at time of check in we were deceved that the room booked with a picture at the internet is not the same one given to us at check inn,after discussion and hassle with front desk they accept to move me to another room with better view and told me that it is the last room and if I don't like it that there is nothing they can do,
on the other hand manager reception is excellent value,rooms are clean and staf
place is centre location few minutes walk to the falls and 2 min utes to the casino
excellent location,you need to go to the centre attraction a shuttle bus is available at a $5 fee still ok instead of parking.

Room Tip: askd for falls view was given partially side view with a view at the next hotel
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple